• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
SO ANYONE?

Originally Posted by hildetorr
Is there a way to make it so pokemon can be sold inside of pokemarts?
Yes it is possible.
But you can't do it in the acctual Pokemon Mart box.
you have to make a seperate event
So how do I go about making this other event. If it has to do with scripting iam a complete noob at that so someone would have to provide me with a script for that and tell me how to change the prices.

sprite inserting:I tried following the tutorial here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154220 to insert sprite but the "?" pokemon still shows up.not sure if i did something wrong or what but maybe somebody could make this tutorial a little simpler or possibly provide me with images of how everything is supposed to look inside of UNLZ.gba and PEP to make the sprites appear correctly in the game.

Also
if anyone is really good at spriting can they make front and backsprites for FR of these fakemon just using crudely drawn pictures(the lizard and two cocoons),id do this myself but iam horiible at spriting.?and possibly help me name the first one.(in spoiler)
Spoiler:

So can anyone help me with these questions?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
2 questions:
-Can I add new trainers and items by repointing?

-Help with indexing. Every time i decrease the colors to 16, I always get BLACK as the first color (the transparent one) and NEVER other color. Why? Can anybody help me?
Finally learned how to.

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
So how do I go about making this other event. If it has to do with scripting iam a complete noob at that so someone would have to provide me with a script for that and tell me how to change the prices.

sprite inserting:I tried following the tutorial here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154220 to insert sprite but the "?" pokemon still shows up.not sure if i did something wrong or what but maybe somebody could make this tutorial a little simpler or possibly provide me with images of how everything is supposed to look inside of UNLZ.gba and PEP to make the sprites appear correctly in the game.

Also
if anyone is really good at spriting can they make front and backsprites for FR of these fakemon just using crudely drawn pictures(the lizard and two cocoons),id do this myself but iam horiible at spriting.?and possibly help me name the first one.(in spoiler)
Spoiler:

So can anyone help me with these questions?

Now, why does someone HAVE to provide you with a script? Nobody is obligated to make a script for you. You don't get into rom hacking if you want everyone to do the work for you; if you're starting your own project, it's going to be YOUR project, meaning you'll be doing most of the work. If you need to script, I recommend you use diegoawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial. I'm a noob at this too, and at least for me this is the best scripting tutorial. If it doesn't work for you, look around the Documents and Tutorials forum, there are plenty of other tutorials.

As for spriting, I'd suggest going to the Pixel Art forum and see if someone there would sprite those. However, they don't owe you anything either, so don't expect everyone all at once to jump up and help you.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in emerald...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, and I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?

Also, something completely else, what is the number in unLZ for the badges in emerald?
There's a topic about that, but they give only the frontier symbol offsets.

And last, how can I change the Battle intro's of Trainers?
I want to change the Big team aqua sign that shows when battling a grunt, into a Team rocket logo.
Is there a way to do that?

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in emerald...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, and I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?

What I'm afriad you do not understand is that with Emerald, there are two sprites for each Pokemon: a 64x128 size sprite which has the two frames for battle animation, and the usual 64x64 sprite shown in the Pokedex/Pokepic box. I'm pretty sure that the only thing you are editing is the Pokedex pic, which doesn't matter because ?? does not have a Pokedex entry.

That is what you're doing wrong.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
sprite inserting:I tried following the tutorial here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=154220 to insert sprite but the "?" pokemon still shows up.not sure if i did something wrong or what but maybe somebody could make this tutorial a little simpler or possibly provide me with images of how everything is supposed to look inside of UNLZ.gba and PEP to make the sprites appear correctly in the game.I am using a Firered rom if that helps.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I can't seem to figure out the search function to well so sorry if it's been asked before. How the crud do you use pokecry to insert pokecries? I can export just fine(as far as i know, i've managed to accidentally do it many times by pushing "Dump")
i can't figure it out. I really don't know how to use it and there doesn't appear to be a readme.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2022
Crystal Question
Is it possible to make trainers [especially Gym Leaders] being able to battle over and over again?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Can someone tell me why I get this error in my textbox? the text is meant to say "This Charmander is yours." with 'is yours' being on the second line

http://i44.tinypic.com/w05r3k.png
What values of text are you inserting and how are you doing so? PKSV? Text editing tool? Hex editor with table?
Crystal Question
Is it possible to make trainers [especially Gym Leaders] being able to battle over and over again?
Yes, with the use of scripting.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
In my hack when i receive my first pokemon using this script, i get the pokemon and everything goes fine except when i open the menu the Pokemon option isnt there, even tho i have a pokemon. Could someone please take a look and maybe fix it up for me? :)

Spoiler:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
In my hack when i receive my first pokemon using this script, i get the pokemon and everything goes fine except when i open the menu the Pokemon option isnt there, even tho i have a pokemon. Could someone please take a look and maybe fix it up for me? :)

Spoiler:

This SHOULD be in the script help thread, but I'll help you out...
A few things, you should not use flag 0x200, the flags you should use start from 0x1000 and end at 0x3FFF
XSE is better, you should at least try it.
Finally, I edited your script open the spoiler and look at the changes I made in bold
That should work, if you are using Fire Red or Leaf Green, if not, change the 0x828 to 0x800 for Ruby Version or Sapphire Version, and if you are using Emerald Version, you need to use 0x860 instead! Easy Peasy!

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
What I'm afriad you do not understand is that with Emerald, there are two sprites for each Pokemon: a 64x128 size sprite which has the two frames for battle animation, and the usual 64x64 sprite shown in the Pokedex/Pokepic box. I'm pretty sure that the only thing you are editing is the Pokedex pic, which doesn't matter because ?? does not have a Pokedex entry.

That is what you're doing wrong.

Thanks, I think I understand.

But what do I have to do in order to encounter a nice Togekiss or something?
Just change my sprite to a 64x128 one?
Do you mean "doubbeling" the sprite (like "8" instead of "o" (with the "o" being the pokémon's pic)), or just using a bigger sprite?
And can I still do this in PEP? Or do I have to use another way?

Thank you anyway!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
2 questions:
-Can I add new trainers and items by repointing?

-Help with indexing. Every time i decrease the colors to 16, I always get BLACK as the first color (the transparent one) and NEVER other color. Why? Can anybody help me?
Finally learned how to.

Well yes, of course you can, Hackmew's A-Trainer will repoint the trainer data for you if you want to add new trainers, or expand the current ones. And with a bit of repointing magic, you can also make tonns of new items... but you know, there are a bunch of unused items in a ROM, namely Fire Red & Leaf Green... and editing the data is not so hard either, you just need to know the item layout... you can even make new items using ASM, but I am still learning all that junk from HackMew so yeah...
tl;dr? Yes you can.

Years
I'm trying to insert a new palette but the rom is being weird. When it's loaded into the game, the colors change to something completely different. Here's a picture.

Spoiler:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
(And, after solving my previous problem, I've got a new question. Fun.)

I've got two questions.

QUESTION 1:
Usually, when I click on an OW sprite in-game that I haven't given a script to yet (so, their script offset is $000000), the game just doesn't do anything, and you can walk off. But two of the OW sprites, which USED to behave like this, now freeze the game when I click on them. Why is that? (This is less of a "problem" and more of an "I'd like to know" thing, since I'm going to give them scripts soon and I think that might solve the problem; but if it means there's another problem, that'd be nice to know.) One of the OW sprites is the Rival, which I've edited, but I doubt that'd cause the problem. The other one is the default scientist sprite. None of the other OW sprites on the map cause this trouble. These two trouble sprites are also the only two on the map to be facing right, but I can't imagine that would cause a problem.

QUESTION 2:
When I start a new game and go to the screen where you type your Rival's name, his OW (which I've edited) uses the wrong pallet. Both the male and female Player OWs use the right pallets when you choose their names, even though their pallets are different from those of the original OWs. The Rival OW also has the wrong pallet in AdvanceMap. In-game, though, the Rival uses the correct pallet. If this problem only shows up during the naming-the-rival screen and in AdvanceMap, I'd be fine ignoring it and just mentioning it under "Bugs," but it's still confusing.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
This SHOULD be in the script help thread, but I'll help you out...
A few things, you should not use flag 0x200, the flags you should use start from 0x1000 and end at 0x3FFF
XSE is better, you should at least try it.
Finally, I edited your script open the spoiler and look at the changes I made in bold
That should work, if you are using Fire Red or Leaf Green, if not, change the 0x828 to 0x800 for Ruby Version or Sapphire Version, and if you are using Emerald Version, you need to use 0x860 instead! Easy Peasy!

Thanks heaps for that :)
Yeah I might have a look at XSE, thanks for the advice.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2009
Through Advanced Map (or a program that is good for it), how would I create a new world map?
I bring back this question, except I add this.

Through any program, how would I make a new world map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back