• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My thinking is that we start with Blue, get really good with the process of doing Alpha Fan, and then once we for sure know what we're doing, we move on to other generations. I think we all agree that 1st Generation would be the easiest to do (no natures, no running shoes/Mach Bike, etc.)

Paragraph 1: See above
Paragraph 2-3: I think we're all going to use MSN. That seemed to be the most viable for everyone. VM/PM me your MSN email and I'll add you up.
Paragraph 4: See above. If nobody has set a record this long since the game has been out, I'm sure it can wait a bit longer. And plus, if we do it right, not only will we have the first record, but we'll have the record for a very, very long time.

I agree. If everyone gets into this MSN group that I made, we can do it there. I was thinking of trying to have scheduled times that we can all meet. Otherwise... Actually, you know what? I have a better idea. Hold on a sec.

Feel like linking me to the Alpha Fan MSN group? And congrats on figuring out how to make a group that quickly. Anyhow, I'll probably get back to Nuzlocking Sapphire, although I'll definitely leave in some time for Alpha Fan.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
Years
I thinked a challenge and named it Decisive Challenge. Because in this challenge, you must decide six pokemon and only these pokemon can be caught or obtained. So your starter and five more pokemon you want to use.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Ever since I heard of what a HM Slave is from challenges, and starting D/P/Pt, I haven't been able to use six Pokemon ever since, unless it's for training, and a certain challenge harnesses that idea. I just think the concept of a HM Slave/Bibarel is brilliant and a hard concept to let go of.

BarelyMe

Jackass of Hearts
Years
  • Age 25
  • Rio
  • Seen Aug 12, 2011
I wish I had the courage to use 6 Pokemon. The most I can do now is 5. And that was painful.

That's because you grew used to doing challenges,where quick training is needed,thus 6 pokemons would make training slow.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have to have a full team of six, challenge or not, unless the challenge I'm doing prohibits it. I'm perfectly fine with training a full team of six though, and I like having a lot of diversity. I remember trying a solo-run in LeafGreen long ago and I made it to Cinnabar before breaking down and going out and catching 5 more Pokemon, lol. Venusaur was at level 70 at the time though.

Years
I have to have a full team of six, challenge or not, unless the challenge I'm doing prohibits it. I'm perfectly fine with training a full team of six though, and I like having a lot of diversity. I remember trying a solo-run in LeafGreen long ago and I made it to Cinnabar before breaking down and going out and catching 5 more Pokemon, lol. Venusaur was at level 70 at the time though.

My OCD pretty much prevents me from doing monotypes or Nuzlocke and heading into the league without 6 Pokemon. Even if I know I will destroy the E4, it's nice to have an insurance policy or two, in case the team's starts fall due to crits.

BarelyMe

Jackass of Hearts
Years
  • Age 25
  • Rio
  • Seen Aug 12, 2011

Seriously,I just HMs to become Revive Slaves

Years
The concept of an HM Slave just kind of came to me, I guess. Why give your useful team members bad, unremovable moves, when a weak Pokemon that you can also use to take a hit, can learn all of them.

Also, I reccomend the other Slave users read this and feel terrible about themselves.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
The concept of an HM Slave just kind of came to me, I guess. Why give your useful team members bad, unremovable moves, when a weak Pokemon that you can also use to take a hit, can learn all of them.

Also, I reccomend the other Slave users read this and feel terrible about themselves.

I suddenly se why i always continue my pep talk when i send out my slave... :I

Years
I think there should be one for a color theme, like have a certain number of Pokemon on your team be a certain color, say like blue, green, red, yellow and so on...

Years
I think there should be one for a color theme, like have a certain number of Pokemon on your team be a certain color, say like blue, green, red, yellow and so on...

I remember there being a few challenges involving colors, although most of them have died by now. I guess you're welcome to start one, but I'd make sure that the original post explains the team requirements for the challenge and how to beat it.

Years
Man you people got this all wrong
There needs to be more challenges where when Laure enters
Laure automatically wins
Just for the coolness of being Laure

And to Hikari10 there was a monochrome challenge it was running pretty slow though since I'm the only one who beat it, but if you look under Dream Themes there is a Rainbow challenge that incorporates 6 colors and it's pretty pro

Oh and to

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Challenge event for GT8 should be fun fun fun. Hoping to get more than just challenge regulars to participate though. Get us more noticed. Need moar challenge zombies...lmao laure did you forget to finish your sentence there....

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Why in the world would he hint about a challenge which is meant to be a surprise? That just gives you time to prepare for it, which isn't much of a challenge if you ask me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
Oooh,i'm not very patient,but well no thing can do.Just make it super awesome

P.S>: Thought Sydian was a "she",you know because of the gender thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back