• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rollerskates??

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I can see the bike being replaced by skates, but not running shoes. In the trailer, the guy seemed to be using running shoes at one point and then skates at another, and I never saw him use a bike (though that doesn't mean it won't show up, so eh).

...Maybe we'll have running shoes, skates, and a bike. :D

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think it'd be great if they applied logic to this generation and allow us to run without the need for any "specialized shoes." Why can't we run with regular shoes on? If they're fit enough for travel, they should be fit enough for running.

Then we can either receive the skates as a gift by someone we meet and/or it can replace the bike altogether. I actually wouldn't mind them doing something along the lines of RSE, where the roller skates can be used for certain obstacles and the bike for others. So long as we don't need to keep going back to some shop to switch them. Heh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm really crossing my fingers that we can run at the start of the game without any instructions on how to run. Those instructions always take away so much from being immersed in the game (PRESS B AND YOU'RE ZOOMING!!, and things similar to that). It's like, oh, it's just a game and suddenly a character in it is talking to me instead of my character. It just seems so unnatural. I feel like I'm the only one who didn't see rollerblades in the trailer, and even looking at the screencaps some have posted, I still don't make them out to be it. But rollerskates would be really cool and a nice change to the typical game.

Years
so pokemon is going all Mega Man Battle Network with rollerskates for running? awesome. also having momentum running might be a cool thing (sorta like sonic-style running.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Omg rollerskates/blade I REALLY hope so. i'd think if anything they'd replace the bike. That'd be cute and junk. I just really hope its rollerblades. <3

Years
Hahaha yeah it's so silly to have INSTRUCTIONS on how to RUN... XD

I think it's okay if they tell us how to trigger running (because maybe there's a part like in the desert in Unova where you have to walk or you'll fall) but please don't make us get special shoes to run... XD

Or just have a self-explanatory button on the touch screen to choose if you want to run or skate or walk... Similar to HGSS I guess.

...I'm laughing right now because I totally forgot that in the Megaman Battle Network series that you got around by rollerskates. XD That was pretty awesome. I loved those games. lol

kammond

Huh
Years
You can't ride rollerblades on grass and rocky terrain though.. A problem if you want to go from city to city quickly. So maybe we will still have the bike too? Also I think it's unlikely they'd get rid of the running shoes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that!

He does run at certain points in the video, but the animation when he's moving away from the tower is very different, and makes it look like he's rollerskating. My guess is that the skates will replace the bike (and really, who wants to animate a 3D bike for such a small screen? There's very little chance it will look as nice as the rest of the game), in a sort of homage to the unused "Skateboard" of generation 2.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I like the idea of rollerblades/skates, but I think I would miss the bike. @_@

Years
Maybe you can't ride NORMAL rollerblades on certain terrain... But maybe these are special. Maybe these work anywhere. Maybe they're specifically crafted to work anywhere. Maybe they're magical. XD

I think they should get rid of the "running shoes" as a thing, but they should let you run in your "normal shoes".

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Since the game is on the 3DS with the analog stick, it would only make sense that running didn't have to be initiated with holding a button of any sort. Like in any game that uses an analog stick on the controller, if you hold the stick all the way in the desired direction you would run, but if you need to walk in order to be accurate, tilting it slightly would allow you to walk. I mean it only makes sense, since the game isn't on the DS at all. And roller blades just seem a lot more realistic in a Pokemon game. I mean, one second you're walking along and the next you have mounted a large bike. I can understand that the bike may have been compactable, but it just seems weird.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I dislike bicycles both in real life and in the Pokemon universe, so if they were to implement new skates and get rid of the bike, I would be happy. If this allowed you to use the skates indoors (which may happen), that'd be taking out two birds with one stone.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm kind of thinking that we'll have both Rollerskates as well as a Bike. Probably might be along with a customization option that allows you to change your shoes and all that.

That would be interesting to see, not just the Running Shoes.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Since everyone's mentioning how one can't simply roller blade on rough terrain, I'm wondering if maybe the roller skates are used in towns to get across them because they're larger than in previous games. And then there's also either a bike or "better" roller skates for routes.

Either way, I'm happy to see them try something different.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmm, I'm starting to think that the bike will no longer be used. I mean think about it. With the new graphics engine, it's going to be very hard to animate a bike with someone riding it well. Roller skates would fix that problem well. Also, about rough terrain and stuff, what about a pogo stick? :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm I'm interested in the idea of two types of rollerskates, kind of like Mach and Acro bikes. One is to go really fast, and the other is to perform tricks. Maybe there could be something else to reach the harder-to-reach places, such as a unicyle, or something really different that completely shocks us. I mean, imagine trying to perform tricks and ride on that lmao. But rollerskates, if for the whole game, is an interesting idea and is a nice change from the bike, hopefully we get them early on in the games, though. I hate having to just use Running Shoes. ;(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe the roller skates will be like the Acro Bike and the Bike will be like the Mach Bike. It's an interesting add nonetheless. It might even make me want to learn to roller skate. xD

Nah I don't think it'd be as easy to perform jumps and stuff on rollerskates as it would be compared to bikes. XD;

Back