• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I was mauling over a question that came into my head in the car ride home today, and I thought I could share it with you guys... if I can.

I assume that every here is for same-sex couples, but what about opposite-sex couples that are may carry some controversy. For example, people say we should be able to marry who ever we want, but is there boundaries on that matter?

I believe you can marry the same sex, god bless if you do. I don't think you should marry your parents, or family, I find that ...odd, to be honest. I saw an article in the paper about parents being in love with their children, and frankly it does strike me as odd. Also, couples that have quite a large age gap also strike me as ... odd, shall we say. Not that I'm telling you not to fall in love with someone who's older than you or family, I don't have that kind of authority.

So, if same sex marriage is okay, what are your views of relatives and people with large age gaps being in relationships (any sexual orientation)?

I understand my views may be deemed immoral, but I thought I would still speak them. please don't troll me
So, does anyone else have any thoughts on the matter?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
So, if same sex marriage is okay, what are your views of relatives and people with large age gaps being in relationships (any sexual orientation)?

Don't be so timid, Impo! This is a very good question!

My view on this is essentially the same view I carry about everything in life lol - everybody is too focused on what everybody else is doing. Everybody just needs to mind their own business, focus on what they're doing and leave everyone else alone. I also find it strange for somebody to marry one of their parents, but I would never dream of trying to stand in their way if that's what they want. My motto is to live in whatever way makes me happy, and not prevent others from doing the same.

In my mind, something is only immoral if it hurts somebody else. If they're not hurting anybody, what right do I have to pass judgment? It doesn't affect my life either way.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years

I feel the same about this. It's not my life, so why should I care about it? As long as they're not hurting anyone and it's just two people in love then it's fine by me.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

I am perfectly fine with large age gaps. assuming of course that one of them isn't under 18 or anything. >__>

But with familial relationships, the fact that genetically speaking, any child they have will most likely be born with birth defects or other disorders. If they didn't have children, then I wouldn't mind at all, but once they bring a child into the world, that is a person who didn't ask to b born, suffering from problems that their parents caused for them. So, I wouldn't necessarily do anything to oppose it, but I probably wouldn't do anything to support it, either. >__>

Just my opinion. I hope nobody takes offense to it...;-;

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Hi, I'd love to join this thread. I don't know if I need to fill out anything in order to do so, but I assume not...?

Both I'm fine with. Less so on the incest part, but that's due to my fear of birth defects that often are products of heterosexual relationships like those. However, I heard arguements that that's not actually true...but I seriously doubt that. Regardless, as long as both candidates are of age and are consenting, it shouldn't matter.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

If there are two consenting adults then I don't care who you are, because your marriage doesn't affect me, and there should not be any limits on who can be married as long as the two criterion are satisfied.

First off, this is not meant to be too explicit, but what do you guys think about gay couples and roles like "top" and "bottom"? Again, this is not exclusive to sex, but beyond that the relationship roles like who pays for dinner, who cooks, who proposes and who cleans.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I personally wouldn't enter into a relationship with someone a lot older than me, with a relative, or with multiple people, but I would not limit the liberty of others who have different views and are consenting adults.

Years
Hi, I'd love to join this thread. I don't know if I need to fill out anything in order to do so, but I assume not...?
Everyone who wants to join just posts and you're automatically part of the club. So congrats!

First off, this is not meant to be too explicit, but what do you guys think about gay couples and roles like "top" and "bottom"? Again, this is not exclusive to sex, but beyond that the relationship roles like who pays for dinner, who cooks, who proposes and who cleans.

I think a lot of people kind of unconsciously let themselves fall into a more dominant or submissive role with their partner based on what kinds of personalities they have. Really, it's not a bad thing if it works for any two people. It can even be kind of freeing because it can cut down on arguments and problems because you each sort of fall into certain roles that work for you. Of course, if it gets to the point where someone doesn't want to be in one role then it starts to be a problem if the other person doesn't want to change. Like, if I were in a dominant position and started to feel like I didn't always want to be making decisions I'd hope that the person I was with would be okay with taking charge sometimes.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Hmm... I've never really thought about it past sex. I guess I would expect us to be equal in all other matters. That's just what I would want though. If someone is more comfortable filling one of those roles, then that's fine. It's up to them.

I guess I don't really have an opinion on it. lol

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I don't think there's anything wrong with conforming to traditional gender roles if both partners wish to do that.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012

Lol, well in the end...somebody's got do it. Now, hopefully they can split it evenly so not one doesn't have to be the bearer of burdens in the relationship, and it shouldn't necessarily follow over based on who has what position in bed, it's entirely up to the couple themselves. But it's important that they recognize it early on.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

Well, I'm straight, so I don't know a lot about gay couple etiquette. But, as far as my girlfriend and I, we've both taken "top" and "bottom" roles, from each perspective that statement can be seen from.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I really have no trouble with this, though I would prefer my own partner and myself being more versatile with our activities, taking various responsibilities from both positions that suit us best.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome, Blue Rose!!

I would expect total equality. Not to be too graphic, but sexually I am neither an exclusive top or bottom, and I would expect the same in the other aspects of the relationship. I would not want a dominant partner, nor would I want to dominate a partner. That said, I have zero cooking ability lol

EDIT: gdi I got ninja'd like 3 times in the time it took me to write and post this lol

Saturday's Child

Workin' Hard...
Years

I feel that if a couple wants to assume "top" and "bottom" constant roles, then that's totally fine by me, but I wouldn't approve if they felt like they had to. I mean, if you want to be equal or switch up roles from time to time, go ahead. You don't have to conform to anything "traditional." Or anything, for that matter.

Saturday's Child

Workin' Hard...
Years
Okay, this might seem off-topic, and was probably brought up ages ago by someone else, and might seem a bit childish, but I have a question for all of you;

If you're gay/lesbian, have you ever had a crush and not known if they were gay/lesbian or straight (or someone had a crush on you and not known that you are gay/lesbian)? And if you're straight, has anyone gay/lesbian had a crush on you (or vice versa)? For both sides, how did you handle it?

I'm just curious. Also, I have a crush on this one guy...and it's weird, because I get mixed signals from him. I looked at him for a couple of seconds once, and when he looked at me, neither of us looked away for a considerable amount of time. And then another time, I was sitting by him in the cafeteria, and some girls came over and pretended to flirt with me to try to embarrass me (not knowing that I am gay), and one started to shove me away periodically. Now, my crush and I have a sort of small friendship, but this next thing was different; He called me stupid, playfully. I did the same back. And we went back and forth like this, how many times I don't know, all the while this girl behind me shoving me within inches of his face, of his eyes that had something different about them. They weren't fun and goofy; they looked more serious...more--greedy, maybe? Idk. :nervous: But that was just...electric. And when I rocked forward, he never pulled back...

EDIT: Of course, I am totally freaking out because I'm still unsure. It's not my life depending on this, but I just can't imagine him not liking me...but I can't imagine him liking me.

And if you don't want to answer, go ahead, not like you have to. Just asking. ;p

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
If you're gay/lesbian, have you ever had a crush and not known if they were gay/lesbian or straight (or someone had a crush on you and not known that you are gay/lesbian)? And if you're straight, has anyone gay/lesbian had a crush on you (or vice versa)? For both sides, how did you handle it?

I had several crushes, but they were mainly by appearance.
I was pretty sure that they were all straight, but you never know.
I think that you should never flirt with someone unless you know their sexuality. High school was interesting, since I was "straight" I didn't really think about acting on crushes, but I felt like a perv when I was on the basketball team, because I showered with all these guys that I thought were cute, lmao.

The one thing that I cannot stand is when gay guys think that you will sleep with them just because they know that your sexual orientation is the same as theirs. Sorry, but I have a lot of standards, and I don't do "hookups."

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

Yeah, mainly because in real life, I am still in the closet. :\ So yeah, there was a guy in high school that I had a crush on, but the only evidence in my favor here was that I wasn't sure if he had ever had a girlfriend, and THAT'S certainly not conclusive in any way. -__-But essentially, I handled it by keeping it to myself, and never tellling anyone. XD

Back