• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020
All right, I figured out what I was doing wrong with my ID abuse earlier.

My new problem is that I can hit my target delay, but I'm not getting my desired ID/SID.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

My new problem is that I can hit my target delay, but I'm not getting my desired ID/SID.

Which game are you doing ID/SID abuse in? And are you getting the same "wrong" ID each time?

The only game I've tried [succeeded too] was Black [going to get a second copy of Platinum to do soon though].

loucas

100% hot
Years

Try checking your initial frame first, and try to focus on one seed rather than changing everytime you didnt hit. Happens to me when i did my id/sid, reporter doesnt tell right initial frame, well atleast for me it didnt

Btw you can tell what your initial seed is when you Check what seed you have hit on the middle tab pandora's box

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
erm... the word DELAY indicates it's 4th gen ^^

you prolly get seconds other than desired. I had that issue.

For example, you want to hit 50 seconds but you hit the delay and 53 seconds. Adjust you timer to 47 seconds instead of 50 sa target seconds. It will work. Just just add x when you're x seconds before target and substract x if you're x seconds after the target. :)

loucas

100% hot
Years

For example, you want to hit 50 seconds but you hit the delay and 53 seconds. Adjust you timer to 47 seconds instead of 50 sa target seconds. It will work. Just just add x when you're x seconds before target and substract x if you're x seconds after the target. :)

Oh, silly me. Go ahead, don't mind me, go talk your talk. Idk where you get the patience regarding IV gen.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2020

How do I determine how many seconds off I am?

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Challenge Complete. First thing I thought of was Squirtle! Squirtle will always be a favorite of mine as he was my very first starter/pokémon. I thought way back then that Squirtle would make an amazing pet...I still do to this day. Not sure how well Squirtle and my dog would get along, but I would hope they could be friends. lol. Plus, a lot of people keep turtles as pets...so Squirtle would be perfect.

004.png
007.gif
004.png

Squirtle
male.png
| Level 1
Jay Jay | 37261 | Black
Bold | Torrent | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Rapid Spin | Scald | Yawn | Protect​

Last edited:

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Thank you everyone for participating in the challenge with great abuses! Now, time for the next challenge!

March 23rd was International Puppy Day... so RNG a Pokemon that you'd keep as a pet!

Make sure you explain why this Pokemon would be a good pet.
I do not have time to do challenges anymore :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
International Puppy Day... This exists? xD Anyway, I did the chellenge ^^ I thought what better to catch as a pet than a Lillipup :3 I think my reasons are obvious haha. It's shiny with 31/31/31/x/31/31, I think x was around the 15 mark :3 Bad ability though D:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
How do I determine how many seconds off I am?

You've got column seconds in IV Gen Pandora's Box, don't you? XD

And my answer to the topic -
I never plan my abuses unless they are for my new team or a BP/CP for someone. I also get inspired by Smogon or my friends' Polish anylises and I RNG 'mon when I feel like RNGing, never in a rush, because it destroys the fun of RNGing. It's never in my schedule, I just get the spark to do it and I do it :)

International Puppy Day... This exists? xD Anyway, I did the chellenge ^^ I thought what better to catch as a pet than a Lillipup :3 I think my reasons are obvious haha. It's shiny with 31/31/31/x/31/31, I think x was around the 15 mark :3 Bad ability though D:
it's not international it's either British or American Day. Mac was sleepy when posting this XD
And Lillipup has both of his abilities valueable. Intimidate is fantastic in doubles while Sand Rush is awesome in low tier sand teams.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Hey Mac, I finally figured out how to RNG for non-shiny egg pokemon...lol.

Well, remember how I said I inputed a random PID and SID? Somehow, the 5 numbers I chose for both IDs matched a real working PID and SID spread. So my random IDs made the pokemon still come out shiny. I only saw one thread on gamefaqs that recommended randomizing IDs would allow for non-shiny flawless breeding, but the guy couldn't confirm that it worked...so I wrote it off when it didn't work for me.

Well, I tried it again, this time with a different set of randomized PID and SIDs, and it obviously worked. I think the odds of me randomizing a set of IDs that actually matched for shiny spreads must be insane.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Hey Mac, I finally figured out how to RNG for non-shiny egg pokemon...lol.

Well, remember how I said I inputed a random PID and SID? Somehow, the 5 numbers I chose for both IDs matched a real working PID and SID spread. So my random IDs made the pokemon still come out shiny. I only saw one thread on gamefaqs that recommended randomizing IDs would allow for non-shiny flawless breeding, but the guy couldn't confirm that it worked...so I wrote it off when it didn't work for me.

Well, I tried it again, this time with a different set of randomized PID and SIDs, and it obviously worked. I think the odds of me randomizing a set of IDs that actually matched for shiny spreads must be insane.

Wow, that's crazy. Glad to hear that you figured it out though! Which version of RNG reporter do you use, anyway?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Wow, that's crazy. Glad to hear that you figured it out though! Which version of RNG reporter do you use, anyway?

9.92 is the latest version I can get running on my macbook. Just grabbed my non-shiny flawless Charmander. I might be up all night doing this. :D

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
9.92 is the latest version I can get running on my macbook. Just grabbed my non-shiny flawless Charmander. I might be up all night doing this. :D

Oh, right, I forgot that you're a Mac user. I hope to do the challenge soon, but been a bit busy this weekend. :3 I also need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do for it xD

And by the way, did I ever tell you that I love Charmander? ;) Congrats ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Well...well...well...there's a lot of RNG abuses going around, right? Well, I present my RNG abuse for the current challenge...

Spr_5b_393_s.png

No.393 Piplup, Lv.1 (UT), Naive nature, Torrent ability.
OT Jason, ID No. 56796.
Moves: Pound / Surf / Cut / Waterfall
IVs: Unknown
EVs: None

Just like the Zubat, it's only shiny. The IVs are bad. I'd like to go to RNG abusing IVs, but it's really hard. The delays are really hard.

I chose Piplup because penguins may be a pet...it's pretty cute, like some pets (if you'd say Piplup is a penguin) and owning a Pokemon is also a bit similar to having a pet. The whole reasoning thing is pretty hard. I actually did Piplup because I just felt like I'd like to do so.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
I did the challenge, but it took such a long time! The NPCs kept trolling me :( I kept hitting one frame off, which was Maractus. Now I hate Maractus.

557.png

nestball.png
Dwebble
Sturdy|lvl. 20|Jolly
31|31|31|21|31|31
Sand-Attack|Faint Attack|Smack Down|Rock Polish

I imagine dwebble being a great pet, it's like a little hermit crab you'd keep in a terrarium. It's pretty small so it's easy to keep around, and it's just so very cute!

EDIT:

Decided to abuse this seed a bit more as the frame next to the one above is a shiny sandile, so here he is!

551.png

luxuryball.png
Sandile
Moxie|lvl. 19|Jolly
31|31|31|21|31|31
Torment|Sand Tomb|Assurance|Mud-Slap

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Both nice RNGs and good pet choices ^^ I like seeing some unique entries. For the challenge, I chose something that most of you probably wouldn't even thought of. I wanted a Pokemon that is cute, but also useful as a pet. So I went with...

007.png
170.png
007.png

Chinchou ♂ Lv. 40
OT: Luna | ID: 4440
Nature: Calm
Ability: Volt Absorb
IVs: 31, 5, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: BubbleBeam, Heal Bell, Discharge, Ice Beam
Non-Redis

Chinchou! It's cute and who wouldn't want one swimming around in a giant tank in your house? You could go surfing on it too, but try not to get shocked ;) I don't know, I just think it'd be a cool pet :B

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
9.92? I'm still on 9.90. I'm gonna have to search for the latest version tonight then. I'll also have to RNG my pet Pokémon tonight... what to choose?

The latest Reporter is 9.95 -- you can get the link from the Trade Corner Chat... or I could just paste it here.

http://j.mp/zjoiIX

And for your abuse... just think about anything really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back