• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Man not a day passes in which there is not an update. Can you at least make a reasonable change and then release a beta. Just a friendly suggestion ;)
Hah, I guess your suggestion worked. It's been a few weeks since my last update.
Awesome! I love it so much and I can't wait for the final release <3 I also tried the multiplayer functionality using the VBA-Link wireless adapter and it works perfect, like the original Emerald version. No lag or communication errors at all. Please DO NOT REMOVE this awesome thing from your game! All the other good hacks I've played ( Liquid Crystal, Flora Sky, Light Platinum ) have the multiplayer removed or it is corrupted and bugged. Please make it like the original Pokemon Crystal and keep the multiplayer feature alive as it is now. Even if your rom runs out of space, remove something else but keep the multiplayet intact!!!!
I am 21 and I love remember the good old times with my friends... We use Hamatchi to play online Emerald, and now your hack offer us a great single player too, exactly like original pokemon Crystal, my favourite game of all times.
Thanks for your comment! I will NOT be removing multiplayer.
will we see the beta 3 of this game or not?
Eventually.
I looked though the thread and can't find information about the friendship system. Did you leave the Gen 3 system from emerald or did you implement the Gen 2 system to match Crystal?
The friendship system? You mean the methods for Pokémon to become friendlier? It's the same as Emerald.
I forgot if i asked this already, but diego would it be possible to include your mom buying you some pokemon dolls as you progress in the game? i somehow missed that feature.
I may be implementing that in the future, after I make the banking system work.
Hey! Diego
The game freezes when u enter inside the battle tower... Only black screen appears...
I've fixed this in today's update. Sorry for taking so long!
So i won the elite 4 and lance and i liked the changes in the rooms the hack didnt had any bugs until the end when i won lance i teleported to violet town after the credits
Also finally all the week siblings appear now and the time bugs with gameboid are fixed.. except a new little problem kurt never gives me a ball after 1 day and i cant enter the bug catching contest after i compete once...
And a small graphical glitch when i evolved slowpoke to slowking while i was holding a kings rock some black boxes appear for 1 sec this happened with politoed too so it has to do with pokes that evolve while holding an item
I think I've fixed the teleportation to Violet glitch. I dunno what's up with Kurt and the Contest, though.
And I've never seen the glitch when evolving via held item on level up.
Berries are not growing...
You probably need to enable the RTC in your emulator. If you're using Windows, just download the VBA package from my website.
Um, hey there everyone. I've encountered a problem with freezing in-game.
I just finished beating clair and i've recieved the master ball from Prof. Elm.
When i set foot to kanto, the game freezes.

I've already set foot here once in order to get the moon stone inside tohjo falls and it didn't freeze before.

Please help! I really love this hack, And i really wanna finish it because GSC was the first ever pokemon game i've played, and out of all the GSC hacks i've played, this is the one I love the best. Nostalgia feels all over.

Please help me :((( thanks in advance
Fixed this in today's update. This and the Battle Tower glitch were because of errors in the GB Player.
Awesome stuff, I'll be sure to download and give it a play soon.

Two tiny things that I've noticed however, from the screenies you have on show, are that the rocket executives you're fighting in the screen below are both simply called "TEAM ROCKET EXECUTIVE"

CrystalDust_lancecoop.png

(Maybe think about giving them more distinguishable names, like "ROCKET EXECUTIVE MICHAEL" and "ROCKET EXECUTIVE LANEY")

and that you have "CUTS" in all caps in the the next screen below, where it probably shouldn't be for continuities sake.

CrystalDust_farfetchd.png

(It's typically only nouns that are capitalised. CUT would be capitalised as it's the name of a move, but not the action of cutting)

I haven't thumbed through all the pages in here so I apologize if these have already been pointed out.
The first one is simply keeping with the way GSC had it. I don't want to give them names they didn't already have *coughHGSScough*. And the second one? The S after an all-caps word has been capitalized since Gen II. I used to have it the other way, but I ended up changing it back.
It would be awesome if you imported the BW2 repel system as seen here:
pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291023
Keep it up! This is the best remake for Crystal out there! We can't wait for Beta 3, and hopefully a final completed version soon!!!

Well... Repel system has been implemented for FR...
Diego would have to do all the work of porting it to Emerald by himself.
Besides that and the fact that it's buggy, I don't think it fits in with the "accurate remake" theme here.
Wow pokemon crystal dust came in 2nd place
It certainly did!
So after some consulting with Diego, we both have agreed that posting my track progress here would be a pretty good idea, so I'll be doing that whenever I can get around to it.

Anyways, as of late I've worked on 2 themes that you guys probably won't be hearing until the next beta is released, so I figure I'd let you guys listen to them early.

(Spoilers because the video display is rather large)

Spoiler:
Loving the music, man!
The music hears great. Too bad only the music section is being progressed though....
Look, I apologize, but not only am I trying to work on Shining Opal at the time, but I've had less free time recently. CrystalDust Beta 3 will get here when it gets here and not a moment sooner.
Wow, been playing the hack ever since Beta 2 came out.
BTW, I'm wondering whether DIA(DiegoIsAwesome) will release Beta 3, 'cause he's after updating the main thread
I have literally made NO progress on Beta 3. I haven't even made the script for Elm's phone call. And it's a good thing too, otherwise I wouldn't be able to send out bugfixes so easily.
Awesome! I've been playing the hack for the past two weeks and I have not encounter any bugs or something annoying at all! The only thing it might should be improved in the next beta is the regional map full view. Personally I like the pallete and graphic details better in Liquid Crystal town map. ( I haven't got enough posts to attach images so i give the links to compare the two of them! )

Liquid Crystal: linkandzelda.com/liquidcrystal/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2yorbza.png

Crystal Dust: o15.com/w/images/9/92/CrystalDust_johtomap.png
Thanks! FRLG style all the way!
I don't know if it's me or something. But followed the steps on your website and when i go and open the emulator only a whitescreen appears. HELP!

You need to change the save type to Flash 128k

Also you must be using a clean Emerald hack so that this foes not occurs. Generally the white screen issue comes from the bad choice of base ROM
These two problems could be what's causing your white screen issue. Generally though, it's the first one.
If you don't want to bother setting up your emulator yourself, just download VBA straight from my site.

Onto today's update! It's not a very big one, mostly bugfixes, but I've also included new Town Maps made by yours truly:
CrystalDust_johtomap.png
CrystalDust_kantomap.png

Tell me if you have any bugs with them! (If the images haven't updated for you, Shift+Refresh)

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm really interested in this hack, as Crystal was my first Pokemon game. The main story is finished, correct?
The Johto story is finished. Kanto is a work in progress.
i can't wait for the Beta 3!!!!!!!! i hope there's a new pokemon like 4th or 5th gen :)
What would they do in 2nd generation remake?
Exactly.
We just download the latest patch from the wiki site right? Is there anyway of telling if it is the latest patch?
Well, it does say "Download the Latest CrystalDust Patch" as the download link, so I'd assume that's the latest. ;)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think it would be nice if you added physical/special split in beta 3
Was it in the 2nd generation? No. There's no point in adding it.

People seem to be too demanding from the other hacks...
You guys should really understand that this is supposed to be 2nd generation remake and quoting diego "Most accurate one". So you shouldn't suggest things that do not exist in 2nd generation.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
Hi Dude am.. i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's JUST AWESOME!!!
,But the point is today i just arrived at ecruteak city and i met the 3 legendary dogs..i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear ??
Note : i have not met them in the bushes..
Once more i say your ROM is AWESOME :D and cya!

Hi ..amm i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's just AWESOME!!!
but the point is, i arrived to ecruteak city today and i met the 3 Legendary Dogs,i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear?????
Note : i have not met them in the bushes!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Ok, I few things:
*Why is the Mach bike put in instead of the normal bike/acro bike? I find the Mach bike not really useful and I'm pretty sure crystal had a normal bike
*I've only got 2 trainers registered on my phone card, Dana and Joey.
*If you look at the area tab on the Pokedex the map is really distorted.
*Berries don't regrow! I know that my Real Time Clock works since the weekdays and lapras work and the in-game time is synced with my actual time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2016
Oh wow, this looks fantastic! Great work OP. I can't wait to try BETA 3.

Keep up the great work! :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I finished the newest beta and I liked it very much, the tiles from fr/lg work nicely as well as the custom leaves and trees that can be cut. I just wanted to point out some suggestions and errors that i have found.

errors:
Farfetch'd as a missing animation when moving (it floats), i hope this gets addressed in the future beta.

My pokemon doesn't trigger a headbutt animation on a tree, however the whirlpool hm is outstanding.

This happens when checking the pokedex area page.

Sprite-wise, the girl trainer's face looks puffy while running as opposed to the boy trainer.

Suggestions:
Contrary to rby, gsc had a different pokemon used during surf (most likely a lapras) i was hoping if it would be possible to request for a custom surf animation to compensate for this as the current animation (which uses fire red/ leaf greens) resembles the rby surf animation (a seel/ dewgong looking pokemon) (you can search for the old sprites as reference)

Let me know what you think, thank you for updating us from time to time with this hack. =)

Sierraffinity

Years
diegoisawesome? Cam you share with me your method for HEADBUTT TREES? I'm duno with it. I try do Headbutt Trees for Pokemon Ruby. And allways I failed.
Just make a script based on the rock smash rocks.
Hi Dude am.. i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's JUST AWESOME!!!
,But the point is today i just arrived at ecruteak city and i met the 3 legendary dogs..i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear ??
Note : i have not met them in the bushes..
Once more i say your ROM is AWESOME :D and cya!

Hi ..amm i like to say that im playing your ROM and it's just AWESOME!!!
but the point is, i arrived to ecruteak city today and i met the 3 Legendary Dogs,i want to ask if i can see where they are in the map with the Pokégear?????
Note : i have not met them in the bushes!
You can't find them in the wild yet, sorry to say, except for Suicune.
Ok, I few things:
*Why is the Mach bike put in instead of the normal bike/acro bike? I find the Mach bike not really useful and I'm pretty sure crystal had a normal bike Well, I don't have Acro Bike sprites, so I'm using the Mach Bike until I can get its speed down.
*I've only got 2 trainers registered on my phone card, Dana and Joey. I have not yet programmed the normal trainers into the Pokégear. I've stated this multiple times in this thread.
*If you look at the area tab on the Pokedex the map is really distorted. Fixed in today's update.
*Berries don't regrow! I know that my Real Time Clock works since the weekdays and lapras work and the in-game time is synced with my actual time. No clue about this, everything seems to be working fine here.
Responses in bold.
Awesome hack!!! I've finished it 9 hrs. =) and I haven't found any bugs good job!I be waiting at full version =)
Thanks for your support!
Oh wow, this looks fantastic! Great work OP. I can't wait to try BETA 3.

Keep up the great work! :)
Thanks for the comment!
I finished the newest beta and I liked it very much, the tiles from fr/lg work nicely as well as the custom leaves and trees that can be cut. I just wanted to point out some suggestions and errors that i have found.

errors:
Farfetch'd as a missing animation when moving (it floats), i hope this gets addressed in the future beta.

My pokemon doesn't trigger a headbutt animation on a tree, however the whirlpool hm is outstanding.

This happens when checking the pokedex area page.

Sprite-wise, the girl trainer's face looks puffy while running as opposed to the boy trainer.

Suggestions:
Contrary to rby, gsc had a different pokemon used during surf (most likely a lapras) i was hoping if it would be possible to request for a custom surf animation to compensate for this as the current animation (which uses fire red/ leaf greens) resembles the rby surf animation (a seel/ dewgong looking pokemon) (you can search for the old sprites as reference)

Let me know what you think, thank you for updating us from time to time with this hack. =)
The first glitch is because I don't have walking frames for it. The second one is because I frankly have no idea how to make the tree wiggle like it did in GSC.
The next two have been fixed in today's update. I hope you like my new custom girl walking sprites!
And the last one is the same as the second one: I don't have sprites for that so I made do with what I had.

So today's update is small: the Pokédex location map has been fixed and so have the female running sprites.

Back