• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
i have been checking every day since like october to see the progress of your hack. I want to play so badly but i am being very patient. i am playing pokemon blaze black 2 to kill days lol. :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Beta 2.3 shall be coming soon! Haha. I'm finally starting to attack the graphics now.
Well, here's the hero's sprite! (credits to acertony!)
-----

-----
Time to get messy with the overall graphics of the game!

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Beta 2.3 shall be coming soon! Haha. I'm finally starting to attack the graphics now.
Well, here's the hero's sprite! (credits to acertony!)
-----

-----
Time to get messy with the overall graphics of the game!

Nice hero trainer sprite! Can't wait for the look of the OW :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Thanks! I am going to redo the "Normal Version" and make it look bigger!
And I'll just make a new start button! The Classic Way!

Edit 1 - I think I'll leave it like this! But still working on it! Needs a little more touch ups.
-----

-----
Edit 2 - Finalized! I had too many ideas what Pokemon I should use for the title screen, so I just went with Flareon, haha. Although Regigigas is the version mascot, I wanted the underused Flareon to receive some glory, lol.
-----
http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/F...ormal Version/TileScreen_zpsedaf1f0b.png.html
Why don't you add Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Leafeon to the screen as well? They deserves some glory too.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
When are you realeasing the next beta/Checkpoint? I want to beta test it xD
The next Beta will be 2.3. I took a huge change in paths with the development of my hack, haha. I'll send Beta 2.3 to my beta testers before public release. One thing to look out for is to see if older events repeat itself while walking through a visited town. Although, I doubt this will happen because I tested this already.
In the original post he is touting for a Christmas release.
Yup, a Christmas release, definitely before New Years!
------------------------------------------------------------

How many badges will be available in beta 2.3?
There will be 5... but then your fifth one gets stolen. There's a sub-plot with that sad story. Hehe!
Why don't you add Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Leafeon to the screen as well? They deserves some glory too.
I would love to, but that would make the title screen too cluttered! And there's also palette limitations!
The palette might get crappier XD
I love the title screen. But I think Regigigas should be on the center. .-.
Yeah, during the earlier development of the titlescreen, he was planned to be in it. The game has two main themes to it. The Ice/Fire theme and the continental drift theme (Regigigas). I wanted to equally represent both themes. Also, I wanted the screen to be similar to Fire Red, as having the starter Pokemon on the cover.
----------
On second hand, I finally learned how to properly use Vars! So now I can make my story much more immensely intense! HAHA!
-----

-----
Seems like this bad guy has some kind of relation with the Uityo Region...
(These will not be their graphics in Beta 2.3!)
There will be a lot of back tracking and non-linearity in the game!
Some puzzles will make you want to rage quit! (Haha, just joking! Maybe xD)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Hey this hack looks like it has a lot of potential. Good luck completing it!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey this hack looks like it has a lot of potential. Good luck completing it!
Thanks buddy!
----------
Here's more of what to expect in Beta 2.3 (story-wise). Players will start learning of the plot and characters. Characters will have their own unique personalities. Speak to the NPC! You'll learn lots of things!
As we can see here, our friend Kali is severely outdated with the new age! Hehe!
-----
[URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/PokemonNormal_01_zps7d9e4e0e.png.html][/URL]
-----
I bet you guys didn't know that Frozen has an actual real name! Hehe! Will we ever find out?!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
How far does beta 1.5 go and how far does beta 2.3 go i want to know because i don't know if i should play beta 1 or just wait for beta 2 to come out.
I recommend waiting for Beta 2.3. People that have played Beta 1.5 will have to start the game over for Beta 2.3. It will be required. There have been a lot of internal changes and many changed vars and flags. After Beta 2.3, players will no longer need to restart their game.Restarting Beta 2.3 will be refreshing anyways because there have been many changes to the earlier portion of the game. I think of Beta 1.5 as more of a demo. Beta 2.3 will be more of a defined beta.

Oh and Beta 1.5 contains 1 gym. Beta 2.3 will have 5 gyms.

Years
I recommend waiting for Beta 2.3. People that have played Beta 1.5 will have to start the game over for Beta 2.3. It will be required. There have been a lot of internal changes and many changed vars and flags. After Beta 2.3, players will no longer need to restart their game.Restarting Beta 2.3 will be refreshing anyways because there have been many changes to the earlier portion of the game. I think of Beta 1.5 as more of a demo. Beta 2.3 will be more of a defined beta.

Oh and Beta 1.5 contains 1 gym. Beta 2.3 will have 5 gyms.

Thank for the reply and i'll wait for beta 2.3

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I love taking screenshots!
So I present to you some more!
-----

-----
Brawly's Surfing Mini Games takes place on Route 66! He's the host of these events!
You can win prizes! Don't worry, Brawly will take you there since you can't surf yet! Hehe!

Last edited:
Back