• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nintendo Pokemon Rom Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Hey I have a bug. When I try to open platinum I get this error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count)
at LibPkMap4G.PkmnMapDemuxer.DemuxMovBytes(PkmnMapHeader map)
at PG4Map.Program.LoadMap(FileInfo file)
at PG4Map.Program.ShowOpenMapDialog()
at PG4Map.Program.OnLoadMapClicked()
at PG4Map.GLForm.btnLoadMap_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Pokémon DS Map Viewer
Assembly Version: 1.0.4372.1434
Win32 Version: 1.0.4372.1434
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/______/Downloads/NPPRE%20beta%201.0/NPPRE%201.0.exe
LibPkMap4G
Assembly Version: 1.0.4372.1071
Win32 Version: 1.0.4372.1071
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/______/Downloads/NPPRE%20beta%201.0/LibPkMap4G.DLL
LibNDSFormats
Assembly Version: 1.0.4372.1071
Win32 Version: 1.0.4372.1071
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/_______/Downloads/NPPRE%20beta%201.0/LibNDSFormats.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/________/Downloads/NPPRE%20beta%201.0/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.12
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/_________/Downloads/NPPRE%20beta%201.0/Tao.OpenGl.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can anyone help me?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'm just thinking about how much this tool really will open up the next generation of ROM Hacking. It's only a matter of time before we're able to change the maps, even though there is a way of doing it on Autodesk 3ds Max 8, but everyone would much prefer to be using NPRE, since it's built on hacking the BMD0 maps. There is one thing that needs to be fixed before everyone is able to properly use it though, which is the 3D display. Though I'm sure on the developer's side... it may be that he has the 3D settings on his computer set differently to ours. Try testing it out on other computers, it may have the same result.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
For now
1. Added support for BW2 ROM.
2. Fixed 1-polygon show problem, so now we can see also these kind of Nsbmd.
3. Added full object and movement handler (Now you can add, remove and edit all object of all the rom)
4. Added a preliminary BW (and BW2) script viewer. It works, but I have some problem regarding movement loading.
5. Changed a little the interface, with preview of object localization on map (textual, not 3d).

I know that I can work better, but I have to do a lot of things for now...

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I've managed to save polygon directly reading from polygon table. (Previously I saved it not command by command, but using a stream pre-loaded separately (So you couldn't edit properly).
I've some problem because all gone well if I mantain all the old table values: if I edit a value, from a strange unknown reason the polygon is partially messed.
Need to test with other nsbmd...

Sorry for double, but important.
First actual editing of a NSBMD file.
I used the first model of build_model, editing through the table two coordinates value (For now work only "Const" column.)
Seemed work with simple model.
Screen:
Original:
http://s15.postimage.org/t7eveexej/original.png
Edit:
http://s8.postimage.org/fdb7tv8dx/First_Editin.png

Edit 19:33: It works also for multipolygon model!

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6563/fountainr.png

Last edited:

Pinta77

^That looks incredibly complicated. I'll stick to gba rom hacks for now :P

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Can you update the tutorial in the first post? When I open land_data-0 with map viewer, all I see is a blue screen. I can see the movement permissions with no problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Lugiaz@ Which tutorial? I don't have a real tutorial of the tool, because I'm focuzing on editing for now...

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Released Beta 4.0!
All Info into the first page!
Please comment any bug or suggestion.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
links down m8 please fix it

nvm,, i got it fixed but now i can't single out the name of the map i edited to be able to repack it any help on that?

Last edited:

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
As soon as I open it (DP land_data_release.narc) , it freezes and won't respond.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
As soon as I open it (DP land_data_release.narc) , it freezes and won't respond.
This happen on old computer, like my sister's one. I think It's a problem with OpenGL rendering itself. Can you open Map Editor through button or not?

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
This happen on old computer, like my sister's one. I think It's a problem with OpenGL rendering itself. Can you open Map Editor through button or not?
I open land_data_release, and right after it asks me to select map origin, it freezes if I click anywhere. So I can't open Map Editor to edit it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
You can try to open Map Editor without opening ROM.
In the Main interface there is a button on top-right, with written Map Editor. Try clicking on it. If freezes, your PC have problem rendering OpenGl...

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hooray! The BMD0 viewer for viewing the maps works once again! Though I'm not sure if the controls for viewing the map is normal... but it seems that in the 3D Command, it has the controls set to be zoomed in too far, what I think might fix it... might be to re-position the BMD0 model position, 'cause as you can see in this in this screenshot.
mapcontrols.png

Though you might also want to include an extra Elevation command in the 3D viewer, if that is possible. I've had to adjust the 3D command to have it in the position I'd like it to be, but even that wasn't enough to put it in the correct position. As you can see in the screenshot. Not only have I tried Black, I have indeed tried Platinum as well, I would assume Diamond/Pearl, HeartGold/SoulSilver as well as Black Version 2/White Version 2 would have the same problem as well.

But the good thing is, we'll finally be able to edit the maps now and create our first ever DS Pokémon ROM hacks. ^^

Welcome to the next generation of ROM Hacking! ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Thanks! But I don't undertand a thing (In which direction the new slider must operate (across Z,X ,Y?))

Status: A little update. I implemented a function to Reset Polygon (Fill with 00 OpenGL Command) and I'm working on a function to Resize a Polygon. (Removing give me some strange problem).

Platinum Lucario

Years
Thanks! But I don't undertand a thing (In which direction the new slider must operate (across Z,X ,Y?))

Hm... actually when I think about it... it might be the camera angle might be in the wrong position. Try maybe -120 less in Y rotation. As well as zoom out a fair bit, 'cause when you open the NARC... it's zoomed in too far as default. As for the new slider should be for Y position in Elevation, so there will be a Elevation X and Elevation Y. As I can already see... that the Elevation for position Y is already implemented. So there needs to be position X as well for Elevation.

Remember... X is depth, Y is width and Z is height.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I decided to added a slider for each DOF (RotX,RotY,RotZ,TransX,TransY,TransZ), and I wanna know if do you like this camera as default.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1918/newdefaultcamera.png

Tell me what do you think!

Edit 7:31 PM

Released Beta 4.1!

ChangeLog
- Added more slider, with total of 6 (RotX,Roty,RotZ,TraX,TraY,TraZ).
- Direct render when load Map from List Narc or change Polygon from Visible command, with a default camera that "attempt" to render map like A-Map.
- Added command to Reset Polygon (Change All command to 0x0 command) and to Resize Polygon (Seemed it work only when "enlarge" a polygon, need to test).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back