• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Pokemon Jundo (Pure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Personal Introduction
================
I'm new to the hacking world. I was interested with making my own Pokemon world mod for a new region I've began working on with my sister. We've come up with about 30 new Pokemon so far (some are already sprites), and we are quite happy with them. I am a professional programmer, but have yet to take a stab at hacking and modding.

Story and Gameplay
===============
The region I've been working on is called Hirodo and will incorporate Pokemon from all 5 generations, along with new Pokemon that we are creating, into a darker storyline where Pokemon are being murdered or converted by an evil corporation to revive the ultimate evil Pokemon, the dragon of end times Onigon. Another organization, aimed at maintaining peace in the world are working to awakening the Pokemon of virtue, Tenryu to combat the forces of evil.

The game will be incorporating a feeling of virtue versus vice. The player will have a choice as to which paths to follow at different points in the game, which will affect the story and the Pokemon made available to them. The game will focus on balance and purity, which will be represented in the Pokemon and the world itself.

For example, the first generation Pokemon that evolve via trading (Haunter, Graveler, Machoke, Kadabra) will have new evolutions representing virtue (represented by Normal types) and corruption (represented by Dark types). The evolutions require new items called the Ten and Oni shards, which upon leveling up while holding will evolve the Pokemon.

I have also created Undead versions of Magikarp and Gyarados called Corpsikarp and Bonydra to work in with the story. Since Magikarp is the most common Pokemon in the world and the easiest to catch/kill, what better to use as a catalyst for Onigon's resurrection?

View attachment 62990
Corpsikarp

Gyms and badges were planned for the game, but after some thought, I believe it would be better suited to the story to have challenges similar to Gyms that the player must complete to obtain parts to an item, etc. instead of badges and would make use of puzzles to work through in addition to battles.

Planning
======
The game was initially planned to use Diamond/Pearl as a base, but I cannot find very many tools (like map editors), and my experience with modding is non-existent, so I may begin with a R/S/FR/LG mod of the game and move up to DS after I have learned more.

Currently Working On:
-> Deeper Storyline
-> New Pokemon Early Development (Concept, Sprites, Stats)
-> Old Pokemon for Pokedex
-> Map layout and locations

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
Sounds fine so far. So tell me, to which extend will the player able to make decision? Can he kill Pokémon himself? Can he kill his own or get them killed? (That's Nuzlocke for you!)

Also I like the sprite of Corpsikarp :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
I'm thinking basic story paths for starters, like text box choices, but I would like to add in the ability to choose whether to kill pokemon or not later on and maybe even track the "evilness" of the player somehow. I may even allow the player to commit murder. We'll see :d

I have been looking around tonight for any tools or tutorials I could get to mod/hack D/P or B/W and have found some on the Project Pokemon site, so I may decide to just take the dive and go straight to D/P and hope for the best. Worst case scenario I could always just ask around for specific help.

Oh and thanks :p

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
Since I thought about creating a "do what you want to and take responsibility" game, I would like to suggest you actually gain something when killing a pokemon. Would give you a boost for the evil site, but if people know about it, you probably won't get help in a pokemon center or they even confisfy your pokemon for their own safety.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Since I thought about creating a "do what you want to and take responsibility" game, I would like to suggest you actually gain something when killing a pokemon. Would give you a boost for the evil site, but if people know about it, you probably won't get help in a pokemon center or they even confisfy your pokemon for their own safety.

That's what I've been thinking. If you kill Pokemon, you get money, special items, access to certain pokemon, but are not allowed to use Pokemon Centers and Officer Jennys will always be after you.

For example, if you are too evil, certain types of pokemon you own will try to escape you during battle while if you are too good, you cannot use the more evil Pokemon as they will turn on you. I might even allow for a "happy medium" where most pokemon will stay with you, except for the very good or very evil ones. Hence why I mentioned the evilness meter earlier.

As a starting point though, I will give access to all Pokemon and will force the player down the "good" path, similar to the main stream Pokemon games.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Sorry pal, but this is the Game Development section not the ROM Hacking section. Try posting this there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back