• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Fluorite Version (8-13-15, Beta 3 Released!)

Should the player speak?

• Yes

Votes: 327 55.1%
  • Only during important events

Votes: 148 24.9%
  • No

Votes: 119 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Well, this is Angel City, remapped. Huge thanks to Le Pug for the church tiles. How does it look?
oR9T0.jpg

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Well, this is Angel City, remapped. Huge thanks to Le Pug for the church tiles. How does it look?

It looks really huge XD. Is the city supposed to be in the middle of a forest? :o I, personally, would like to see some watering holes here. A pond or two with no Pokemon is fine :D.

Last edited:

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Hey nice hack, Loving the progress ;)
The story seems nice and I got a laugh out of this post so Im sure your hack will be fun! And also knowing your a good scripter I know it will have some awesome scripts
3QE1Pdy.png

LOL I love this screen!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I redid the region map.. does it look better now? (I have to make it 16 colors now :D)

alNe2.jpg
As you already know, I like it, but even though I know the light blue are waterways, what is the dark green in the left sticking out of the bottom part of the land?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
So once I fix a few bugs left, the game will be playable up to the next two routes after the first gym. Should I release it once I do that or should I release the first alpha after the Second Gym city? Oh yeah, and those lines are just there to.. be there.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
So once I fix a few bugs left, the game will be playable up to the next two routes after the first gym. Should I release it once I do that or should I release the first alpha after the Second Gym city? Oh yeah, and those lines are just there to.. be there.

Hmm... tough call. But I guess I can wait for the second gym. It would make me crave the game a little less than having the first gym lol

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Alright, update time. I have a major update..
I have switched the rom base from Fire red to Emerald. The reason being I had made a lot of mistakes in the old rom, I had bad scripts, bad maps, etc. Now with Emerald I get to restart now that I have more experience, and I can add stuff to the games like the battle tent, battle arena, battle frontier, contests, and maybe even the Rayquaza cutscene. Also Emerald was my first game, so I think I at least owe it this :)
Also, not to mention this hack is based of Team Aqua and Magma, and although I won't be using maps from Emerald (except sky pillar, I have plans for that, and the battle frontier, maybe, I might change it around a bit). I hope this won't upset anyone in any way, the only downside I see to this change is the game being released later, but at least it's going to be better than it previously was. Now, I have worked a bit on the emerald rom, I have decapitalized a bunch of stuff, thanks to the amazing tool, anti-exploud, I have remapped a few maps from Fire Red Fluorite which I will put in the spoiler, which now look even better, and even though this isn't in the ROM, I have made a pokedex for the game of 386 Pokemon, so I will not be expanding the dex. Click the spoilers for more info.

Spoiler:

Questions, comments? :)​

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Alright, update time. I have a major update..
I have switched the rom base from Fire red to Emerald. The reason being I had made a lot of mistakes in the old rom, I had bad scripts, bad maps, etc. Now with Emerald I get to restart now that I have more experience, and I can add stuff to the games like the battle tent, battle arena, battle frontier, contests, and maybe even the Rayquaza cutscene. Also Emerald was my first game, so I think I at least owe it this :)
Also, not to mention this hack is based of Team Aqua and Magma, and although I won't be using maps from Emerald (except sky pillar, I have plans for that, and the battle frontier, maybe, I might change it around a bit). I hope this won't upset anyone in any way, the only downside I see to this change is the game being released later, but at least it's going to be better than it previously was. Now, I have worked a bit on the emerald rom, I have decapitalized a bunch of stuff, thanks to the amazing tool, anti-exploud, I have remapped a few maps from Fire Red Fluorite which I will put in the spoiler, which now look even better, and even though this isn't in the ROM, I have made a pokedex for the game of 386 Pokemon, so I will not be expanding the dex. Click the spoilers for more info.

Spoiler:

Questions, comments? :)​

There's no way the change could upset me. Based on what you said, it makes perfect sense that Emerald would be the better choice! Plus, I've seen a lot of FR hacks, so it seems nice to have an Emerald hack. I don't mind waiting, just keep doing what you do well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The change, in terms of making you repick tiles a bit, has worked wonders - we've gotten rid of that bright green grass hurrah! :D And the houses don't look too out of place with the general RSE tiles.

One thing I did notice about your maps is there are a few one-tile walkways, in the middle. Is it because you've got a script tile there? If so, it would look way better to open the gap to 2-3 tiles and just have multiple s-tiles.

Pokedex doesn't look too bad - I'm glad to see (unless I'm missing them) not too many legendary pokemon! :D

Ttar0914

Years
The change, in terms of making you repick tiles a bit, has worked wonders - we've gotten rid of that bright green grass hurrah! :D And the houses don't look too out of place with the general RSE tiles.

One thing I did notice about your maps is there are a few one-tile walkways, in the middle. Is it because you've got a script tile there? If so, it would look way better to open the gap to 2-3 tiles and just have multiple s-tiles.

Pokedex doesn't look too bad - I'm glad to see (unless I'm missing them) not too many legendary pokemon! :D

You're right, the only legendaries are the weather trio, and for some reason, the Regi trio. So there's no eon duo, no jirachi, and no deoxys. Also, there's a little mistake: Tyrunt and Tyrantrum are Rock/Dragon Pokémon not Rock/Steel. And the same goes for Frogadier. Only Greninja is a Water/Dark Pokémon, Froakie and Frogadier are both just Water types.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
The reason there won't be many legendaries is simply because I don't like legendaries. Idk it just kinda pisses me a bit off when people use a team of full legends or uber mons to beat a game. The only legendaries before the Elite Four that you can catch are gonna be the regi trio and Rayquaza (maybe, not sure). And as for the Pokedex stuff, it's been fixed, thanks.

Ttar0914

Years
Uhm, why don't you move azurill and its evolutions to the other fairy type pokemon? Since they've gotten the fairy type as secondary type like igglybuff and its evolutions, it'd be kind of an advantage moving them to the other fairies.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Uhm, why don't you move azurill and its evolutions to the other fairy type pokemon? Since they've gotten the fairy type as secondary type like igglybuff and its evolutions, it'd be kind of an advantage moving them to the other fairies.

The picture was just so I can count to make sure I have 386 Pokemon without messing up, since I don't want to expand, so by dividing them by types it made it easier. It doesn't really matter since right now I'm making the dex order stuff.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I have a little update :)
Well, since switching over to Emerald I've been remapping, scripting and making things better than Fluorite emerald.
One of the new things is I've made a new starter script(s).
The previous one was just no in my opinion and this one is much better.
It's in the spoiler :)

Opinions on this? :)
(Power Punch = Power Up Punch, I got rid of legendary exclusive moves of legendaries that aren't in the game, and since emerald animation stuff hasn't been very well documented (At least that I know of) I had to use an existing move's animation, that's why it looks kinda dull)
Huge thanks to Hackmew for his taking pokemon ASM routines by the way

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
I have a little update :)
Well, since switching over to Emerald I've been remapping, scripting and making things better than Fluorite emerald.
One of the new things is I've made a new starter script(s).
The previous one was just no in my opinion and this one is much better.
It's in the spoiler :)

Opinions on this? :)
(Power Punch = Power Up Punch, I got rid of legendary exclusive moves of legendaries that aren't in the game, and since emerald animation stuff hasn't been very well documented (At least that I know of) I had to use an existing move's animation, that's why it looks kinda dull)
Huge thanks to Hackmew for his taking pokemon ASM routines by the way
1. You should probably implement the attack boost Power Up Punch gives.

2. "Would you mind helping me out here getting it back?"
I feel like "Would you mind helping me out here and get it back?" might sound better.

3. "I'll be going now, if you tell anyone about this incident you're gonna regret it."
That's a comma splice, and you should probably fix that by making the comma a period.

Nothing else to criticize at the moment I guess. Good luck with your hack.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
1. You should probably implement the attack boost Power Up Punch gives.

2. "Would you mind helping me out here getting it back?"
I feel like "Would you mind helping me out here and get it back?" might sound better.

3. "I'll be going now, if you tell anyone about this incident you're gonna regret it."
That's a comma splice, and you should probably fix that by making the comma a period.

Nothing else to criticize at the moment I guess. Good luck with your hack.

1.Last time I checked, it was, maybe it didn't give the boost because Carvanha died fainted in one hit. I'll double check though, thanks.

2.Alright, will do, thanks :)

3.^same

Ttar0914

Years
Surprised that it was an Emerald hack which doesn't give me eye cancer.
That means you're doing at least something right ;)

Of course he is, and yep the old maps were too bright, due to the fact that they were from FRLG. The RSE ones are definitely better and of course the change from Fire Red to Emerald gives him more opportunities ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back