• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My college isn't one of the colleges listed either weh. :( But it does look like a good site otherwise.

Sirfetch’d

Mine wasn't listed either, haha. I wasn't too surprised though.

Years
I would say perhaps private colleges weren't listed, but when I saw University of Tampa, I knew there were private colleges listed, because UT is a private college.

And ofc community colleges wouldn't be listed xD but it would be nice if they were :P

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
speaking of community colleges would you recommend it? it's a disgrace in the Asian community to go there but I already have Bs and Cs in the previous four semester sooo

i go to a community college. i like it. i might transfer eventually though.

Years
speaking of community colleges would you recommend it? it's a disgrace in the Asian community to go there but I already have Bs and Cs in the previous four semester sooo
I'm not sure, so it depends. The reason I'm enrolled at one is because of the lower tuition costs and the lower class sizes. And even though I'm not enrolled in it, my community college has an honor's institute, so I would check up on that as well. But it's all entirely up to you.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm not sure, so it depends. The reason I'm enrolled at one is because of the lower tuition costs and the lower class sizes. And even though I'm not enrolled in it, my community college has an honor's institute, so I would check up on that as well. But it's all entirely up to you.

is it a good stepping stone to a better college like they say in the news?

Sirfetch’d

is it a good stepping stone to a better college like they say in the news?

Indeed! I go to a community college and it was really an easier step out of high school than it would have been if I had gone straight to a larger college.

Years
Indeed! I go to a community college and it was really an easier step out of high school than it would have been if I had gone straight to a larger college.
This.

It's essentially a more gradual step towards earning a degree.. and you can transfer into a four-year university from community college if you wish to as well.

That's what I plan to do is once I have my AA degree, I plan to go straight into a 4-year university to complete my final years in school to get my bachelor's degree.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Community colleges are a lot cheaper. If you don't want to end up spending so much money, or if you don't have a scholarship, or if you are just not ready to travel afar yet, it's probably the best choice to go. They can also help you with any transfer options as well.

Years
That's exactly why I chose community college, was because I didn't want to transfer away from home and because it's cheaper..

Anyways, this is the second day I've woken up around 7am (instead of around 5am) and so far I'm not displeased at all. I just at least like the fact that this sleep schedule is making me feel better when I wake up and I feel less tired later in the day as well.

TY

Ah finally i got some time to spend on PC again

Even though its only a introduction week, college took a lot of time for me, but it was pretty fun and today i have a day off xD

Sirfetch’d

Ah finally i got some time to spend on PC again

Even though its only a introduction week, college took a lot of time for me, but it was pretty fun and today i have a day off xD

Introduction weeks are the worst ugh. They are so boring and repetitive to me. I have a day off as well, but it wasn't supposed to be, haha. My A&P teacher was sick so class was cancelled for today. Not gonna complain about that though!

TY

Most introduction weeks are boring indeed, every school i was on had a boring one, but this one was pretty fun...

Years
What I hated about being in grade school was in the first day of classes we had to go over the school district's handbook of policies, which has had little amendments to it, if any at all, and I know yadda yadda...

Thank gosh I'm out of grade school. <_<

Sirfetch’d

What I hated about being in grade school was in the first day of classes we had to go over the school district's handbook of policies, which has had little amendments to it, if any at all, and I know yadda yadda...

Thank gosh I'm out of grade school. <_<

Yeah we had to do that too. I'd always forget to tear the "I agree to the policies above" form out and return it >_>

Years
Yeah we had to do that too. I'd always forget to tear the "I agree to the policies above" form out and return it >_>
At least within the first week of school if you didn't have an AP class you didn't have homework most of the time :P that was probably the best thing we did for the first day of school xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Last week was my introduction week. Since I have one class a week for four classes I have to say the same introduction over again.

"Hi, I'm <irlnamehere>, and I'm taking this class because it is a requirement, and I'm majoring in IT."

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
We only had to do actual introductions in one of my classes. For my other class it was just syllabus and what we need and so forth. But I really don't mind the syllabus classes that much because it gives me a bit more time to get the textbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back