• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Years
Welcome to the club, Buttered Coat! Yes, I know you used up all the downloading space for MLP. The fandom is like that. It gets you when you least expect it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Hi guys! Joining, if you don't mind. Even if I haven't seen all the episodes yet! (I've seen about 15 of them over the last two days though so that has to count for something!)

Favorite Episode: So far, I think it was the first two episodes where it had plot. Don't get me wrong, I love it otherwise, I just thought it was a lot more interesting when there was an overarching plot and was really disappointed it wasn't explored more. D:
Favorite Main Pony: Twilight Sparkle. But I like everyone, which is rare for me and a series!
Favorite Side Pony: Probably... all of the Cutie-Mark Crusaders. They are adorable.
About Me: It took me forever to give in and watch this. ;_; I kept saying it was the animation style and the fluidity of it that made me keep watching but now I'm not afraid to admit I'm hooked. u_u;;

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Welcome, you two! xD;
You finally joined, Erica! : DDD
Twilight Sparkle is definitely the best. But I told myself that I would keep this theme until Season 1 starts and finishes, so yeah. Still got quite a bit of time before I change it. o3o

Oh, and Scarf. It's pretty understandable how you're losing interest. For me, I've gotten tons more interested in it ever since it ended. It's pretty weird. xDD;;
It's probably the fanbase itself that's kept me interested. Alot of the bronies are really talented, and come up with alot of great stuff. So yeah!

Speaking of things than fans have come up with...
Everybody, watch this. It's pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
fyre-flye (Lauren Faust) said:
I kind of don't like to define things outside of the show in case we want to change once we think of an episode that involves that idea (which can and has happened) but here's how it currently works in my head:

Luna is not yet full grown, and some sort of evil magic turned her into Night Mare Moon. When she grows to an adult, her real form will not look so much like NMM.
That's what Lauren Faust said on deviantart.

Hmm... Season 2 may show more into Luna's heart...In my personal opinion.

The Original Post: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110728020804/mlp/images/7/7d/Xeh5kn.png

Cura

Years
She's not writing the show, but she's still the creator and still apart of the MLP:FiM roster even though she's not doing anything now.

I'm not too sure that she left. I checked her deviantart page and there is plenty of recently uploaded sketches of ponies for the show. All of them are pretty good, too. Different scenes and sorts. (Good references for drawing.) But, my point is... she might be still working with the show's development and sorts. You know, background stuff. Another thing I found out is that she attended the San Diego 2011 Comic-Con (My Little Pony booth.) I think she's still with the show.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
I'm not too sure that she left. I checked her deviantart page and there is plenty of recently uploaded sketches of ponies for the show. All of them are pretty good, too. Different scenes and sorts. (Good references for drawing.) But, my point is... she might be still working with the show's development and sorts. You know, background stuff. Another thing I found out is that she attended the San Diego 2011 Comic-Con (My Little Pony booth.) I think she's still with the show.

I think she's just taking a sabbatical from being the head of the show for a while. It was probably really stressing and taxing on her, so I think she pulled aside for Season 2 to catch a breather and focus on other things while the writers and scriptwriters worked on Season 2.

Cura

Years

I think she's just taking a sabbatical from being the head of the show for a while. It was probably really stressing and taxing on her, so I think she pulled aside for Season 2 to catch a breather and focus on other things while the writers and scriptwriters worked on Season 2.

That is a possibility as well. I don't doubt that either.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
She's now the consulting producer, so for season 2 all she did was work on scripts and create story lines.

I guess she uploaded the recent sketches just to share them, which I don't mind at all. They're all adorable.

Cura

Years
She's now the consulting producer, so for season 2 all she did was work on scripts and create story lines.

I guess she uploaded the recent sketches just to share them, which I don't mind at all. They're all adorable.

Agreed on that. Again, good drawing references. :)

Years
OK, so the other day, one of the lead story-boarding artists came to the EQD chat section. It mostly turned into an impromptu Q&A, but but what caught my interest was this:
<Solo> Sibsy: I just realized the sheer irony that this sweet children's cartoon is produced by a group of crazy people in a small room, yelling swearwords and listening to loud music.suddenly, it all makes sense. <+Sibsy> most cartoons are made that way solo ;)

I think I found out why Faust took a break. Here's the full transcript(or at least the interesting parts of it.)

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
OK, so the other day, one of the lead story-boarding artists came to the EQD chat section. It mostly turned into an impromptu Q&A, but but what caught my interest was this:

<Solo> Sibsy: I just realized the sheer irony that this sweet children's cartoon is produced by a group of crazy people in a small room, yelling swearwords and listening to loud music.suddenly, it all makes sense.
<+Sibsy> most cartoons are made that way solo

I think I found out why Faust took a break.

That's not uncommon for the creative process to go that route. Most groups have different strategies for getting the creative process going.

Cura

Years
Sorry if this is a different subject... but 15 days til season two, everyone. :D

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Can I join? :) I watched the first episode, with pretty low expectations, and I'm hooked. :) I've watched all of the season 1 episodes, and I can't wait until season 2. :D Also, my favourite is Pinkie Pie (yes, I have read part of that fanfic, and she is still my favourite) and then Fluttershy. :) Pinkie Pie is so random and amazing. XD

So, does that mean I'm a brony? XD

EDIT: I just noticed there is a form.

- Favorite Episode: Probably the first episode, although they're all pretty awesome. :)
- Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie!!! :D
- Favorite Side Pony: Apple Bloom is pretty amazing, so is Sweetie Belle (that pony can sing :O). I also like Trollestia, especially after the tea trolling. :P
- About Me: Look above ^ :) I guess I'd better put a bit more here. Well, you might know me as a (bad :P) pixel artist. I mostly watched MLP:FIM to see what the big hype was about, and, truth be told, I did think it was a kids show (OMG BUT UR ON A POKEMON FORUM???!!!!) I'm 16 and a boy, although you just have to look a bit up to see that. ;) And I can't think of anything else, so yeah. Also, my favourite song from MLP so far is Art of the Dress by Rarity. I don't like fashion, dresses and Rarity isn't my favourite pony, but I just love it for some reason. :P

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
You're in! Welcome to the club, brony. o3o

"I did think it was a kids show."
And it is! xD;
An awesome one at that.

Also, I don't really think it's a creative process. It's more like... hanging out with the team and having fun, while working at the same time. Which is awesome.
I want to work on cartoons one day. xDDD;;

Oh, and yes! 15 more days indeed. It feels so clooose. Can't wait!

...I don't think it's appropriate to post the video here, but has anybody seen: "Friendship is Magic, B***h"?
One of the greatest flash movies I've ever seen in my life.

Cura

Years
You're in! Welcome to the club, brony. o3o

"I did think it was a kids show."
And it is! xD;
An awesome one at that.

Also, I don't really think it's a creative process. It's more like... hanging out with the team and having fun, while working at the same time. Which is awesome.
I want to work on cartoons one day. xDDD;;

Oh, and yes! 15 more days indeed. It feels so clooose. Can't wait!

...I don't think it's appropriate to post the video here, but has anybody seen: "Friendship is Magic, B***h"?
One of the greatest flash movies I've ever seen in my life.

I'll watch it on Youtube sometime and yes I agree with you. A good kids show which I prefer over most shows on TV today.

However, I want to specialize in 3D animation and digital graphics for cartooning or anime. Right now, I'm trying to get Photoshop. :)
But, other than that... is okay to link Pony Art on here? Or show it in spoiler tags? I got some good stuff.

Back