• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Bulbapedia does. It just names the routes - it's above their base stats, I believe. There are also links to each route's page, so you can find out what the route looks like.

AllentheGuitarist

I don't even, sir.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Bulbapedia does. It just names the routes - it's above their base stats, I believe. There are also links to each route's page, so you can find out what the route looks like.

Oh really? Well now don't I feel stupid.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Oh really? Well now don't I feel stupid.
Or to make your life a little easier, here are all the locations for the Pokémon. :)

Eelektross - (Evolve from Tynamo & Elektrik); Chargestone Cave
Seismitoad - Icirrus City, Route 8 or Moor of Icirrus
Victini - Liberty Garden (You'll need the Liberty Pass, if you had received the event card)
Gothitelle/Reuniclus -
Gothitelle → Route 9 (Black) [if you want it earlier, catch it as a Gothita which can be found on Route 5 and 16]
Reuniclus → Route 9 (White) [like above, you can get it as its first pre-evolution on Route 5 and 16]
Golurk - (Evolve from Golett); Golett - Dragonspiral Tower

Happy training!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
In need of urgent help in the dream world!...

how do i get to other places (aside from the forest) in the dream world, like the sea or the sky place?

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
You need to obtain dream points by playing games with pokés, watering other's gardens, and trading items on the share shelf
I think at 2500 DP you unlock the sky, and at 5000 DP you unlock the sea (not entirely sure though)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Oh, no problem.

But ya'll bear in mind that Thank You Posts are not allowed and a simple thank you can just be said within VMs. We've been getting a lot of these lately, so try to remember this. (;

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
Fling and Pickup

So I was reading on Serebii that:

In addition to this, in Pokémon Black & White, Pokémon with the ability PickUp will pick up almost any item which has been flung in the battle meaning you may be able to keep certain items if you lose it.

What does this mean, exactly? Does it mean my opponent with Pickup will obtain the item (which would make it useless) OR does my Pickup pokemon in my party pick it up?

eman1192

Shiny Collector
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
hey quick question, so right now i only have 8 boxes in my pc and i already beat the game. how do i get more? do more just show up as i fill up my boxes?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Add at least one pokemon too all 8 boxes then it goes to 16 boxes, then once you got 16 boxes add one to each of the 16 and you should finally get all 24 boxes.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

What does this mean, exactly? Does it mean my opponent with Pickup will obtain the item (which would make it useless) OR does my Pickup pokemon in my party pick it up?
I'm assuming it's saying that a Pokémon with the pickup ability, whether it's on your team or your opponent's, will be able to get back an item (in which, it already has been holding) if lost with a move like fling. Not sure if that makes total sense, but hope that helps. :o

hey quick question, so right now i only have 8 boxes in my pc and i already beat the game. how do i get more? do more just show up as i fill up my boxes?

Just keep putting one in each of the 8 boxes. That should make more boxes appear; with a total being 24.
...and ninja'd

eman1192

Shiny Collector
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
oh ok, so i dont have to fill up all 8 completely? that makes it a lot easier then haha

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

Any Pokemon with Pick-Up will obtain any USED item (not just items used in Fling). That is, Berries, Gems, possibly Air Balloons, Mental Herbs, and other consumables. You can pick up your ally's items in a Double / Triple Battle. You cannot Pick-Up your own used items (otherwise, this would be Harvest .-.). If multiple Pokemon have Pick-Up, then the fastest one gets the item.

Of course, the same mechanics apply--you can't Pick-Up an item if you're holding one already.

*Quick off topic note* I need a heart scale to teach my zangoose false swipe, where do i buy heart scaleS?

Heart Scales can be found using the Dowsing Machine near beaches, using Covet / Thief on wild Luvdisc, in the Dream World (I think), through Pick-Up, and as gifts from in-game NPCs. One to note is in Driftveil City. Directly west of the Pokemon Center is a lady's house--she will ask for a Pokemon with a certain move every day. If you show her the move, then you will get a Heart Scale as a reward.

Also, in Gen V, False Swipe is now a TM (#54). You get it from Juniper in Nuvema Town after seeing 25 Pokemon in your Pokedex. No need to waste your valuables here.

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
Years
Any Pokemon with Pick-Up will obtain any USED item (not just items used in Fling). That is, Berries, Gems, possibly Air Balloons, Mental Herbs, and other consumables. You can pick up your ally's items in a Double / Triple Battle. You cannot Pick-Up your own used items (otherwise, this would be Harvest .-.). If multiple Pokemon have Pick-Up, then the fastest one gets the item.

Of course, the same mechanics apply--you can't Pick-Up an item if you're holding one already.

So, just to clarify, having Pickup pick up the used item will ONLY occur in double or triple battles, only if you have Pickup out on the field, and in no other situation?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
So, just to clarify, having Pickup pick up the used item will ONLY occur in double or triple battles, only if you have Pickup out on the field, and in no other situation?

Pickup has two effect:

1. After every in-game battle, each Pokemon with Pickup and no held-item that was in your party has a 10% chance to generate a held-item (from a set list of possible items).
  2. During battle, a battling Pokemon with Pickup and no held-item can acquire items lost by other battling Pokemon, including any allied Pokemon as well as enemies. Therefore, the item can be any item so long as it is consumable or used by Fling, etc. Knock Off probably works too. Faster Pokemon get the item first.

Think of it logically. You have to be out of your Pokeball to Pickup an item. In the heat of battle, items are constantly being used, and the fastest one to get to the item can reap its benefits. You can't Pickup your own item because then the ability would be pretty broken. After a battle, the Pokemon leaves the Pokeball to scavenge for anything else dropped.

Check me on the second one, though.

I'm not even sure if you get to keep the item you obtain with the in-battle effects.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
I'm new to breeding and i was wondering what my two pokemon should be and have if i want this:
Scraggy
Nature : careful
move : drain punch
Ability : shed skin

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
team building help

ok, so ibe got the game beat n have gotten sum of my favorite pokemon to lv.100 however im not sure which 1s i want to keep as my team, any suggestions? my pokemon r as followed:
hydreigon
haxorus
scizor
gallade
bisharp
sammurott
braviary
gengar
crustle
serperior
emboar
zoroark
ferrothorn
tyranitar
zekrom
reshiram
thundarus
tornadus
landorus
dragonite
weavile
well ya those r all my lv100 pokemon out of those can any1 suggest which to put in my team or any other good pokemon?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I'm new to breeding and i was wondering what my two pokemon should be and have if i want this:
Scraggy
Nature : careful
move : drain punch
Ability : shed skin

Scraggy / Scrafty (F)
Careful Natured
Hold Everstone

Mienfoo / Mienshao (M)
Drain Punch

Keep breeding until you get it right

Last edited:
Status