• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Favorite GBA hack game!! ? (your opinion)

N7

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Always enjoy the Ruby Destiny games. Playing through Light Platinum at the moment, seems very cool though.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
For me, Pokemon Light Platinum is the best until now, but it looks like some even more sweet hacks will come out eventually.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Had a read through most of the thread for what hacks to try.
I'm looking for a new hack to play, what I'm looking for:
A completed hack
A good range of enemy pokemon there's hundreds of pokemon but alot of games you only seem to ever come up against the same pokemon over and over,
Preferably a new map or maps, but not essential.
plenty of buy able TMs and stones.
A good range of pokemon early on to catch.
A decent length.
Unrestrictive HMs don't want to be bogged down with HMs
Only a small amount of legendary pokemon, not a fan of these in game generally.

Have played light platinum which was my first one several months ago got to orange islands as far as it'd let me go.
In general enjoyed it but some parts felt a little to stretched at times and from the 2nd half on seemed to only come up against the same 10 or so pokemon that AI trainers used so got a tad boring.

Currently playing light platinum, and again seem to always face the same AI pokemon, especially against team steam. Like the game as a whole but having just beat the first elite 4, I've got a little bored of it.
I won't go into detail as I can only imagine how much hard work goes into these games so don't want to bash on people who are giving something for free.

Sorry for the ramble hope someone can recommend a hack to suit what I'm after.

Last edited:

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 1, 2014
I might start playing that Ruby Destiny series. Perhaps you should add a poll to break down the statistics and see what the main favorites are?

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
I have a few favourites.
Pokemon Glazed
Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians
Pokemon Dark Rising
Pokemon Super Rising Thunder (Even though it's an alpha that was never finished, the concept and morbidness of the game was amazing and I loved it. Shame it won't ever be finished though :( )

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
My Favorites And All Likely Completed.
POKEMON: Dark Rising 1&2, Victory Fire, Resolute, Glazed, Liquid Crystal, Emerald Omega And Fire Red 251+

Non Completed Favorites:
POKEMON: Sinnoh Legacy(The Nds Style One), Mega Power, Order Destroyed And Fire Red Evolution.

So Few Of Them Huh? Lol, Not A Fan Of Ruby Hacks Though.

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 10, 2022
I know I already gave an answer but I'd like to change it.
1. Aethestode's hacks
2. Liquid Crystal
3. Light platinum
4. Glazed
5. Aquamarine by Cap
6. Ruby Destiny Series
7. Flora Sky
8. Apollo
9. Ash Gray
10. Skyline
11. Victory Fire and Resolute

UltimateFacepalmMaster

*facepalm* ah... I'm stupid...
Years
Ruby Destiny SERIES:play it in order (RoL,RR,LoG)otherwise youse wont understand anything...
Light Platinum:Its got awesome tiles,awesome maps and a L E N G T H Y storyline....
Pokemon Snakewood: I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME!!!Lemme tell you're not human if you dont like it.Funny,Creative and #glued_to_it game
Pokemon Flora Sky:Um.... its an okay game...though its got d somewhat same storyline as Emerald...I din lyk dis game much.. :-( (no offence 1234)
Pokemon Mirage Of Tales:A New Age Dawns:Its not completed,though its got a REALLY interesting storyline and concept,and it has varying results...You can be a Researcher,Seeker,Trainer OR a Villain (Loxar's Gang)
Ash Gray: My first hack... It is awesome! metapod23 knows what he is doing....Does his Scripts well,gives you the original Kanto adventures as Ash Ketchum
Dark Rising: PLAY THIS GAME!!!!Gripping storyline...clear concept...not the usual get badge-dissolve evil organisation-become champion game...

well thats all i guess... If I missed something,VM me.... :) :) :) :)

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
Well, Light Platinum was very enjoyable but offered not difficulty. Especially if you started with Charmander.

The Ruby Destiny series by DJG is awesome. They offer a good blend of everything. Some challenging things and just some good story lines.

Pokemon Mirage of Tales. The link is in my signature. I love this hack. It isn't complete but with all of the different outcomes it is going to probably be one of the best hacks ever. There is a playable version though that runs through a little over half of the game.

Aesthode's hacks. They are just manga remakes. He has a different hack for every main character and they are all very enjoyable. I do recommend reading the manga first though.

Ash Gray. I say the best anime remake there is so far. It is very detailed and offers a good amount of difficulty.

Pokemon Dark Rising series. The first two are released and have and amazing story line! They are extremely difficult though

Well, all of my opinions!

Byte me

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Call me crazy but my favorite is still Shiny gold. Classic game revamped and it was the first rom hack i played.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 5, 2015
It would have to be hands down ash gray for me. It follows the anime closely but just with Brock and Misty only making brief cameos and has a bit of a harder difficulty for example when i was at my first gym ready to beat Brock i got my ass handed to me on a platter and looked up how to beat him and learned i needed to farm some wild Pokemon till my Pikachu was LVL 18 and can be confusing without looking at walkthroughs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
I like very much dark rising but when i reached the thunder moutain after i defeated v i talked to the purple dressed girl and the game froze/crushed/corrupted say it as you prefer.I play it on my android device with the game boy advance light john emulator application from play store and downloaded it from cool rom.com.Pls tell me how to fix this.

Years
  • Age 102
  • Seen Nov 29, 2014
Anyone know a hack with 2 NEW regions and most of starters especially 1st 3rd and 4th gen starters with good storyline? sorry i am new here i dont know hot to make a thread

Treezard

PokeTre
Years
I like very much dark rising but when i reached the thunder moutain after i defeated v i talked to the purple dressed girl and the game froze/crushed/corrupted say it as you prefer.I play it on my android device with the game boy advance light john emulator application from play store and downloaded it from cool rom.com.Pls tell me how to fix this.

download a different rom and/or emulator i prefer using myboy I play multiple hacks and I never had a problem like that.

Back