• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Maker] Dragon Quest 3D Online: The Curse Of The Dark Sages

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
A Game Created Using Game Maker From yoyogames
Game Maker 8.0 Pro to be Presise

Development will Begin In About 2 Weeks as that is when My Christmas Holidays Begin

I Plan to have the Game Use Graphics Similar (No Doubt A Bit Worse) To That Of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey Of The Cursed King On The Playstation 2

This Game will Feature All New Monsters

Here is a List Of some Of The Names I Have thought Up
He-Slime
Description: A Purple Slime Similar To Its Cousins The Slime and She-Slime They are also just as Weak as our Regular Slimes

Globil Vault
Description: The Monster That Acts As The Global Vault In Lunar Town which Was Eating Everyones Equipment the Monster was Created By the Dark Sages as An Attempt to Stop People from Fighting Back Against Them However This Monster Is Met Shortly After Arriving In Lunar Town and Is Defeated Quite Easily This Is Also The First Boss Monster Of The Game and Therefore Can Not Be Fought In a Party and Must Be Fought Alone

Plot:
Hundreds Of Years Ago When The Celestrians Protected The World Of Earth Against An Evil Celestrian Named Corvus They Sucseeded But Unknown to them They Broke the Seal On another Evil which took Hundreds Of Years to Finally Be Released

Now In The Present Day Of The Year 3000 (A Long time after the events Of Dragon Quest IX) The Evil Known as The Dark Sages Has Risen To take Over the World

They Created Minions Millions Of Minions which were Released Into this world Which Started Attacking The Cities All Over the world

Now the People of this world Were Unable to Fight Back as they Lacked the skills to create even the Most Simple Equipment Required to Fend of these Feinds

However One Day A Single Person Came to The Small Town of Lunar Town and Brought with Him the skills Of Creating Equipment He Taught the People Of that Town the ways Of Creating their Own Equipment Who then Passed It on To Other Cities Until the entire World was Ready to Fight Back

You Will Have to Upgrade Your Weapons To get Better Equipment Everything Can Be Upgraded After a Certain Amount Of Upgrades You Can Either Alchemise Your Weapon with Items or another Weapon to Create a Stronger Weapon In the Next Tier Or you Can Transform It Into the Maximum Level Weapon Of your Current Weapon to give it a Special Abillity Doing so will Prevent It from being Alchemised

But Dont worry You will be able to Buy Stronger Weapons Using Gold

Features
Fully 3D Enviroment
Online Gameplay
Single Player

The Single Player will Differ slightly from online Play
For Example
You Wont Be able to Alchemise Or Upgrade Your Weapons those will Be Online Content Only Instead There will be something else That is Yet to be decided
In Single Player You will Be able to Recruit Monsters Onto Your Team How Ever Online You Can Form Parties With Other Players

Also Since Im Sure Lag will Come with the Game for Most People Im also Going to have the Option to turn Off 3D Mode and Switch to 2-D Mode But It will Come at a Price

Some things will Work Differently In The Game
2D Mode will Be Required to access Certain Areas
For Example
In 3D Mode there Might Be a Bridge Fallen at The Bottom Of a Huge Lake which Jumping onto would Surely Kill you Due to Fall Damage
However Switching to 2D Mode will make the Game World Flat Bringing Everything Onto the Same Level as Your allowing you to walk Over it as If it were Right In Front Of You

You Will Not Be able To See Battle Animations In 2D Mode as It would Look weird

Classes (Basically The Pathway Of Your Characters Skills)
Warrior
Description: A Swordsmen Sure But Master Not So Much Out Of all the Other Classes If You Need help In Melee This is your Class to choose

Mage
Description: A Spellcaster Sure Master Not so Much However The Mage Can Learn all Level 1 Spells Including Bang, Frizz, Crack, Zap, Splash

Priest
Description: The Master Of Healing Spells The Only Spells this Class Learns Are Healiong Spells However They Can also Learn those Special 1HKO Spells Known as Whack Thwack And Kathwack and The Ultimate Brand New Never Before Seen KaThwackle (100% 1HKO Uses all MP Kills 2 Enemies)

Wizard
Description: A Very Good Spellcaster with Both Healing Defensive and Offensive Spells On their Side Can Learm All Level 2 Spells Including Frizzle, Crackle, Boom, Zapple, WaterBall

Sage
Description: Indeed A 90% Master Of Magic With Nearly Every Spells at His/Her Disposal Can Learn all Level 3 Spells Including KaFrizz, KaCrack, Kaboom, KaZap and WaterBomb

Grand Sage
Description: The Master Of Magic all Spells to their Disposal Can Learn The Strongest Spells Including, KaFrizzle, KaCrackle, KaBoomle, KaZapple, KaSizz(le), Tidal Wave And The Ultimate Spells MAGIC BURST And The New Atomic Sage Bomb

Things That will Require Changing Dimensions In Gameplay

Sometimes To Get Into an Area Which Has something Missing In 3D Either Because Its Suppose to be Like that Or Some Nasty Player Broke The Pathway and Its Now Only Crossable In 2D Mode (yes Im going to Make It so Players Can Break Pathways Online But No In Single Player)

Players will Also Be able to Create Their Own Cities Online Including Everything Inside Of It But First They will Need to make a Working City Using The Special 3D City Maker
Or Making a Completely Custom City In Game Maker and sending it to Me for Reviewing If I think it is Good Enough It will Be Included In a Future Update

You Can Add Quests Shops and Custom Events However You May Not do the Following

WHAT YOU CAN NOT DO NO MATTER WHAT
DOING SO WILL GET YOU POSSIBLY BANNED
Use a Custom Event To Send usernames and Passwords to an Email Address
Sending "USERNAME" Data Is Fine as Long as An Event Uses that Data and The Data does Not Get Sent to an Email For Example You could use an Event to check the Username Of Someone to Have an Area Locked so Only Specific Players Can Access Them

You Can Not Have an Event That Makes a Player Admin/Moderator as This Violates The City Creation Rules as Anything Is Possible

You Can Not Have an Event That Kicks/Bans The User Off the Server
However You Can Have an Event That Takes The Player Out Of Online Mode and Into Offline Mode Temporarily To Do A Single-Player Quest, Event, etc

However While In Offline Mode Remember The Following is Not Allowed To Happen
You Can Not Use Alchemy During The Offline Event
Weapons Can Not Be Upgraded
Players Can However Recruit Monsters which will Then In Return Appear In The Monster Pen In Zero City

However ONCE THE OFFLINE EVENT HAS BEEN COMPLETED THE PLAYER MUST THEN BE RECONNECTED ONTO THE SERVER
Unfortunatly Any items Obtained In The Offline Quest Must Leave The Player Permanantly Unless They Have Been Approved For Online Retrieval Therefore Allowing The Player To Collect The Offline Items At The Global Vault In Lunar Town (The Starting Town In Your Adventure)

Last edited:

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
Hmm.......this seems interesting.

Although the option to break stuff given to players is probably not the best idea, since it can mess up the gameplay for others. And what difference does it make? It's just one little edit.

By the way, how in the name of Arceus can you make an RPG on GameMaker? I've tried, but never have been succesful.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

Although the option to break stuff given to players is probably not the best idea, since it can mess up the gameplay for others. And what difference does it make? It's just one little edit.

By the way, how in the name of Arceus can you make an RPG on GameMaker? I've tried, but never have been succesful.

It is possible with Game Maker, It just takes alot of effort. And I see no problem with having breakable items, it'll make the game more challenging.

I'm guessing by reading,
You can buy a weapon and upgrade it to a certain point. Or buy a stronger weapon over time and be able to upgrade that to a certain point, but the stronger weapon will be more strong?

Anywho, it's clear you've put alot of thought into this, I'll be curios as to how it will evolve and adapt, especially when you get to the stage of online gaming.

Good Luck.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
It is possible with Game Maker, It just takes alot of effort. And I see no problem with having breakable items, it'll make the game more challenging.

I'm guessing by reading,
You can buy a weapon and upgrade it to a certain point. Or buy a stronger weapon over time and be able to upgrade that to a certain point, but the stronger weapon will be more strong?

Anywho, it's clear you've put alot of thought into this, I'll be curios as to how it will evolve and adapt, especially when you get to the stage of online gaming.

Good Luck.

Yes However the Way stuff Breaks will either be through excessive Use EG: Trying to do something Like walk over it after a certain amount of times it will break were it will either be repaired or replaced entirely However Online Gaming is my extreme weak point when it comes to making games in game maker but I will succeed

I have Made an RPG In Game Maker However 3D is My weakest Point of Game Maker but im most skilled in using it

Back