• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
i m expectin tauros to evolve into bouffalant n luvdisc into alomomola(its stats should be improved, cuz its too horrible)

wat I don't think that's going to happen. :( This is new Pokemon anyway, and those aren't technically new Pokemon, and they weren't related in Black and White, so...

Plus Alomomola's stats are great as they are imo.

Oh btw I want more dogs too. Dogs appeal to me... greatly.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Imagine if this was a Pokemon.
Spoiler:

It's called a mantis shrimp. Actually I think a shrimp like Pokemon would be pretty cool. I think it would be Water/Bug.
Other Pokemon:
Panda Pokemon (One that actually looks like a panda and less dopey than Spinda)
Dolphin Pokemon
Hampster/Gerbil Pokemon
Lemur Pokemon
Alpaca Pokemon
Collie Pokemon
Robin Pokemon(could be the generic bird? )
Flying , Fighting or Steel type Eeveelution (actually any new Eeveelution would be cool)
Farfecth'd evolution
Corsola evolution

StrikeOfYvetal

Lord of Darkrai
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
Perhaps a flying/poison smog pokemon? Nothing like grimer or muk, it would be able to take different forms... naturally or evolutionarily? It also would be an event pokemon.

Also, an ice/poison type. Perhaps an ice snake.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Ice poison is cool.. It can be offensive...

@forever - it can be possible cuz this region isnt completely new like unova..just like how pichu was introduced in johto n was the made d pre evolutn of pikachu.. Just like dat they cn be evolved as this tym genetics is introduced. So there would be some genetic link btwn luvdisc n alomomola & tauros n bouffalant...

Flydro

doobz
Years
I think a Psychic/Dark type panda bear would be a good addition. We already have a grizzly bear in Ursaring and a polar bear in Beartic, so I think a panda bear would be a good fit. It could be two stage evolution like the other bears but with a Psychic/Dark typing and good special stats since the others are more physical. Psychotic panda would be a lot of fun to train and battle with.

Also would like to see a Komodo dragon inspired pokemon. Surprised there hasn't been one yet but I think it would make for a cool new dragon pokemon. Maybe it could be Grass/Dragon type and be able to learn Poison Fang by level up to reference the toxic bite of the real world Komodo dragon?

I have too many ideas, I should email the game developers lol

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Pure Dark type panda

Grass/Ghost type monkey with Prankster

Steel, Ground, and Poison type Eeveelutions

Evolutions for the elemental monkeys

Normal/Ghost type.

Fighting/Ghost psuedo-legendary, to complete Metagross and Tyranitar

Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Psychic psuedo-legendaries for Hydreigon. Latios/Latias don't count.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 9, 2013
I'd love to see the following;

Narwal, water/psychic
Owl, flying/ice
Cheetah, electric, with higher speed stats than any other pokemon of course ;)
sabre-tooth, ice/dark or ice/fire

and of course eeveelutions!
*would be awesome to have like a white eeveelution that has a set of wings and maybe sparkles a bit.
*a rock type eeveelution with tusks
*and a steel type eeveelution with metal fan type thingys on its head, similar to vaporeons frill, that can detach with a new move

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As mentioned already, a dolphin Pokémon is a Pokémon I'd like to see really badly. It could be Water/Psychic, as a reference to how intelligent real-world dolphins are.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Perhaps a flying/poison smog pokemon? Nothing like grimer or muk, it would be able to take different forms... naturally or evolutionarily? It also would be an event pokemon.

Why would it need different formes though, to represent the different types of pollution? Not sure how else smog could be multiple things as put into multiple formes :(

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I want a grass/fire type based on chili peppers, a ice/fighting type based on snow macaques, a fire/ghost type based on jack-o-lanterns, and an ice/steel type based on mountain goats.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
A legendary poison type would be awesome.
An evolution for ditto (with more HP) would be great. Or maybe an item for dittos to hold that doubled it HP or something.
I'd love to see a poison type eeveelution, as well as a ghost type eeveelution.
Lions.
Fire/Ice pokémon.
Audino needs an evolution.
Kangaroo pokémon. A Fighting type. Something that seems fast, unlike Kagaskhan. Pre evo of Kangaskhan too.
Lions.
Tauros and Miltank to breed together, just like nidoran and volbeat/illumise. Maybe to celebrate this, they could make a pre evo of both of them. I can imagine how cute they'd be :P
A female for the tyrogue line.
Komodo Dragon - Dragon/Poison
Did I mention Lions? Lions!
Wolves too.

A sparkling vampire pokémon would be funny xD

Flydro

doobz
Years
I'm just tired of seeing so many Bug/Flying or Bug/Poison types. Insects are the most diverse group of animals in the world, and all they could come up with are mostly flying or poisonous bugs? Come on now...

My ideas for some new bugs:

Dung beetle (Bug/Poo Ground)
Stink bug (Bug)
Tiger beetle (Bug/Fighting or a physical Bug/Electric)
Cockroach (Bug/Dark)
Bombardier beetle (Bug or Bug/Fire since it could cause burns)
Scarab beetle (Bug/Psychic)
Doodlebug (Bug/Steel)
Mosquito (Bug/Ghost) - yeah it can fly, but that's too obvious. Maybe the ghost typing could represent how Mosquitos drain the blood and life of other animals.

Bug isn't even my favorite type, but I think they have potential and need more diversity in their group. Same with Electric types.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are based on lions.
But only them! I agree on the fact that we NEED more lions.
We have the electric one, how about a fire one? Or an ice one? I really enjoy pokemon based on animals.

How about a cool, tiger-like ice type with white fur?
Or an awesome Cheeta-like fire type?

I mean, that's a solution if you don't like lions...

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Shinx, Luxio, and Luxray are based on lions.

You think so? To me they look more like apes. They're not feline at all. Not even Shinx.

We have a legendary that resembles a lion, Entei. Raikou looks like a tiger.

There are white lions, so pokémon could have them too. They could very well be ice types. A tiger could be electric (stripes?), but I'd prefer if it was Fire. Won't say dark, because we have liepard.

I agree with Flydroo, more bugs! A cockroach would be nice.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Aw, come on! The Luxray evolution line resembles apes in nothing more than the ears!

I would also love to have more rabits. I love Azumarill so that'd be awesome! Perhaps an electric rabit one? Walking on all fours and not only on it's hind legs and enormous ears that drag behind it, I'd definately have it on my want list.

Back