• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
The funny thing is that theory originated from 4chan's Pokemon board /vp/ and even the guy that posted said that he was and I quote "speaking out of his ass".

Don't look too much into that theory seriously haha

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh. At this stage, any theory looks 'sound' as long as it sounds like it makes sense. :3 I saw that theory too and, yeah, it sounds quite interesting; I thought that in that case, Xernas might be led to an "electric" type.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Eh. At this stage, any theory looks 'sound' as long as it sounds like it makes sense. :3 I saw that theory too and, yeah, it sounds quite interesting; I thought that in that case, Xernas might be led to an "electric" type.

Oh yea, it's all purely speculation and I'll admit the theory is worth a read but after the person coming up with it said he didn't even believe it I got turned off from it hah

Xerneas as electric? Hmmm idk

blue

gucci
Years
We're looking waay into this now aren't we? Having Zekrom as Electric for me lowers the chances of either of these two being Electric or Fire, I know its been done with Dragons but yeah.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I dunno; I was just supposing that, because neurons send signals through out the body "electrically", so... maybe?

I'm not sure how I feel about another electric-type, or another dragon-type legendary either; it would be since to see new dual type variety with them.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
It's pretty much guaranteed though that we'll probably get Dragon and Psychic types as legendaries. I want to see a Poison Legendary for once arceus doesn't count

blue

gucci
Years
Yes, I would also slike to see a pure or dual type Poison Legendary, it is the only typing that hasn't been used for a legendary yet.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Poison is a very versatile type in competitive play. O: Well, at least when it comes to species of pokemon. Moves? noooooot so much aside from Toxic Spikes / Toxic / Sludge Bomb. Yeah, if it's going to be a poison type, I agree that it should add to the versatility; and maybe have a new viable poison move altogether~

blue

gucci
Years
I would have thought Genesect to be Poison type judging from the appearence but they can be decieving. I guess it's like the Dark type Gym, maybe we'll get one after five generations.

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
Years
I think it would be nice seeing a poison-type legendary arrive as it is one of the few types that hasn't been turned into a legendary yet and Yveltal sort of has the appearance for it but I'm suspecting its Dark/Flying. Poison-types don't have the greatest moves sadly, Toxic and Sludge Bomb are about the only ones I can think of so hopefully if they do make a poison-type legendary I agree they should make it at least a little versatile :D.

~Rainbow

Midkari10

Oshawotts shine!
Years
I would like to see a Poison-type Legendary sometime, cos we never had one so far. I do agree with Rainbow that Yveltal will probably be Dark/Flying, and Poison Pokemon usually get shallow movepools.

And if we were to have a Poison Legendary, at least give it a workable moveset.

~ Hikari

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm unsure about how I would feel with a poison-type legendary. On one hand, I think it'll be unique, but on the other hand, as someone that somewhat likes to use legendaries on their team, would it be a waste in the end? Poison isn't that fantastic of a type to use competitively at all, so unless they really beef up the type, there's going to be some issues. ._.

Well we have to remember that GameFreak doesn't create the games tailormade for competitive battling. Legendaries are simply there for story and lore purposes so a poison legendary would be fine.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I know this. As interesting as it would be having a poison-type legendary, it would just be kind of a disappointment to me unless they make new/better moves for it. Cross Poison/Poison Tail was a start, but sadly it's been really left out, while there are other types like Electric(Volt Switch), and even Flying(Hurricane), and Psychic(Psyshock) got some pretty good boosts.

Just my personal view, though. D:

No, I agree. Poison type is my favorite type and it's definitely been slept on by GF. We get a few things here and there but it's one of the weaker offensive types. It's a much better defensive type so for Gen 6 I'd love to see rad Poison pokemon/attacks, etc.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
No, I agree. Poison type is my favorite type and it's definitely been slept on by GF. We get a few things here and there but it's one of the weaker offensive types. It's a much better defensive type so for Gen 6 I'd love to see rad Poison pokemon/attacks, etc.

I totally agree. 1st gen with the most amount of poisons introduced in a single region holds about half the population of poison types(correct me if i'm wrong) and I'd like to see more vareity in the new poison types as well as more creative poison moves. Anyone for a Poison Komodo Dragon? Possible first dragon/poison poke?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I totally agree. 1st gen with the most amount of poisons introduced in a single region holds about half the population of poison types(correct me if i'm wrong) and I'd like to see more vareity in the new poison types as well as more creative poison moves. Anyone for a Poison Komodo Dragon? Possible first dragon/poison poke?

Thinking back on this, you're absolutely correct. It's astonishing to see just how many poison types Gen 1 has but how little were added in the following regions...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm definitely in favor of a Dragon/Poison Pokemon! I imagine something that looks a lot like Hydreigon, except more lethal, as it show more of it's "poisonous" side or something like that. If there's more powerful Poison type moves this gen, then this possible Dragon/Poison Pokemon could be quite a threat~!

Except now thinking back on it, it'd be easily countered by faster Psychic types, and plus there's still that agonizing Ground weakness, unless it has levitate...

But if it has Levitate it won't be able to absorb Toxic Spikes :(

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
How about a Pokemon based off the Leviathan biblical myth? You know, the huge ship wrecking flesh-eating sea monster o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back