• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge (Revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I understand, but this is a random challenge, so you may or may not end up with a balanced team. I had a Fire and Ice weakness last time I did this, and on my current one, I have three Normal types. It happens to all of us, but that's what makes it a challenge, ya know?

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
I understand, but this is a random challenge, so you may or may not end up with a balanced team. I had a Fire and Ice weakness last time I did this, and on my current one, I have three Normal types. It happens to all of us, but that's what makes it a challenge, ya know?

Yea I totally understand. Its no problem, just wanted to know if it would be possible. It is random and hey on the bright side I got my trusty Snorlax to get me through this :)

Team confirmation:
Venusaur, Weezing, Golbat, Snorlax, Chansey, and Arcanine

Last edited:
Years
Name: Tim!
Game: Pokémon Leaf Green
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFE's: NO

Restrictions: Only Kanto Pokémon please

Years
Update 1 Sorry it took so long zubat and voltorb a take a while to grind
Spoiler:

Current team

Batula(Golbat) lvl35
-Air cutter
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray
-Bite

Flare Gun(Flareon) lvl35
-Bite
-Sand-attack
-Growl
-Quick attack

Bowler(Electrode) lvl32
-Charge
-Tackle
-Spark
-Sonicboom

HMSlave(rattata) lvl8
-Tackle
-Tail whip
-Quick attack
-Cut

Years
Ok, here's the first update for my Random Challenge on Sapphire. Here we go!:

-Saved Prof. Birch from Poochyena/Zigzagzoon (Can't remember which) with Mudkip.
-The Prof. gave me Mudkip, which I promptly named Hunter.
- Sped through the 1st 2 gyms with Marshtomp, and finally caught a Gulpin, which I named Gulatin, north of Slateport
- I beat the 1st Trick House, and beat all the trainers before your battle with your rival on that route.
- I checked to make sure that Gulatin was the only member of my team that I could get by that point, then saw that I had stupidly skipped over Skitty, to the east of Rustboro, since I thought that Skitty was only found north of Mauville.
- I went back and caught Skitty, and then saved.

Well, that's it for now, but there is something I want to ask. Since I could get Skitty before the first gym, does that mean I need to restart the challenge, fighting the 1st 2 gyms with Skitty? Or can I just keep going?

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Hi i have a doubt, when you guys say "number of pokemon: 3" does that mean only 3 pokemons in team we can use? or we can use rest 3 of our choice?

Years
Name: DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
Game: Blue Version
Restrictions: No Legendaries or Red Version Exclusives, willing to use NFE Pokes

Here is your team good sir
Horsea
Butterfree
Dragonite
Marowak
Pinsir
Dugtrio

The"???" When we say 3 pokemon it means your only aloud to use those 3 pokemon I personally said It because your pokemon are higher level

Years
Pokémon Leaf Green
Badges: 1/8
Team:
005.png

Update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2020
I'd like to sign up for this challenge:

Name: Rodygo
Game: White II
NFEs: (Yes/No) NO
Restrictions: No Legendaries, I only want a maximum of 2 pokemon that need to be traded in order to evolve.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'd like to sign up for this challenge:

Name: Rodygo
Game: White II
NFEs: (Yes/No) NO
Restrictions: No Legendaries, I only want a maximum of 2 pokemon that need to be traded in order to evolve.

Gothitelle, Klinklang, Hydreigon, Vespiquen, Claydol, Lunatone
Good luck!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I want to do the challenge again! :D
Name: legendhunter14
Game: Firered
Restrictions: 5 Pokemon, No NFE, no legends, no repeating types, one Surfer. I don't have trouble with hacking :)

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Name: MrBunny9612
Game: White
Restrictions: Only Gen 6 pokemon + A bunny :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Name: MrBunny9612
Game: White
Restrictions: Only Gen 6 pokemon + A bunny :)

Woow woow hang on..., you want Gen.VI? You probably mean Gen.V.
Anyway, here is your team;
Pawniard
Blitzle
Scolipede
Klingklang
Carracosta
Eelektross

There are no bunny Pokemon in Gen.V, but you could replace one of these Pokemon with Buneary or Azumarill.

Nidoqueen
Parasect
Pidgeot
Lapras
Mr. Mime

Not the kind of Pokemon I expected,but that's the challenge! Confirming my team;
Nidoqueen
Pidgeot
Lapras
Mr.Mime
Parasect

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Update on Fire Red Challenge:

Eventual Team: Vileplume, Nidoking, Machamp, Golduck, Poliwrath, Jynx

Current Team:

Gloom Level 34: Absorb, Acid, Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder

Machamp Level 34: Brick Break, Hyper Beam, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss

Nidoking Level 34: Brick Break, Shock Wave, Dig, Thrash

I'm up to Pokemon Tower which I'm finding a bit trickier than usual due to the litany of fighting/normal/poison moves I employ. The team will grow soon after I get the flute and then the super rod. Going to use leaf stone next level after getting moonlight with Gloom. Having fun with is so far, I rolled a good team despite the 4 pokemon with psychic weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back