• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Yeah, there will be approximately 30 or so DP Pokemon mostly evolutions and legendarys.

I've fixed all the glitches except the nickname one it still dosn't work (i've used namepokemon and raw values)

I havn't even released a beta yet. I'm still working on the sprites. It says on the first post in status that i'm working on graphical stuff atm.

Anyway since I probably won't be able to do anything today I thought I would show what I've been doing so far.
smaadg.png

Credits to Fanking Omega for the house, kyledove for the tree and Christos for the grass (ripped from his rom base). Not much, right? Well I seriously considered for a while starting again on Ruby but it would take too long and the benefits of Ruby aren't enough to shadow the work it would take to get back to what I'm up to.

EDIT: There is a small error in the house you probably won't notice that needs to be fixed but thats easy.

I actually do see the "error", its barely anything though...

I played the revised one, and its a lot better without those glitches, good luck!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
About the revised one... At the starting town, the fat guy won't talk at all... :\

Also, there's a tile error on the route North from the first town...

Also, there's a movement error in the second town near where the PLAYER thinks "(Wait... What about dad's PARCEL?)"...
And the person who sells those LAVA COOKIES are facing all around while having a conversation with me...

Last edited:

Roddy

Absent Scripter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2008
I've got an idea I'd like feedback on; I want to make it so that the decisions you make in the game impact the ending so you can either side with your father or the people opposing your father. It would pretty much just happen with yes/no boxes and special flags say about 5-10 that are set or cleared depending on the event. The first opportunity you will get to affect this will be in Latim City when you see your father and someone comes looking for him, you can either help them or lie. It won't change the major part of the game, ie you can become the champion no matter what but the way major people (ie. rivals, elite 4, prof. oak) will perceive you will change.

I think this idea would innovate, and it would be very pleasant to play. Like, I would for certainly play two times only to see two different finals, or, at least, some changes in the game.
But, you'll have to explain that this would happen in the game. Like, how someone would know that there are more than one possible finals? It would lack a replay factor, thinking in that.

And, yeah, make it a minor big change!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I think this idea would innovate, and it would be very pleasant to play. Like, I would for certainly play two times only to see two different finals, or, at least, some changes in the game.
But, you'll have to explain that this would happen in the game. Like, how someone would know that there are more than one possible finals? It would lack a replay factor, thinking in that.

And, yeah, make it a minor big change!

YES!!! Finally some feedback! Thank you so much! Just for that I'll show you a small update:

8x7r68.png

Yes, wooden houses because Felridge is a naturey town. You might be thinking "that pallete doesn't look right", well you're wrong it's supposed to look like that. Once again credits to Fanking Omega for the house tiles. I've changed my mind about the grass I'm keeping the good old FR ones. Hmm... what else? Oh, I'm inserting D/P legendaries (that are relevant to the game) over Lati@s and fossil Pokemon, everyother D/P will go in the ??? slots after Celebi. The reason the updates are so limited is because I have work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday all till 9 and I get pretty tired. I'll get tons more done this week though.

EDIT: Sorry, I was just so happy that I got feedback that forgot to address what you said. I would probably put the explanation in the beginning part. You know, when it says "You are about to enter a world of Pokemon" and junk. It'll say something along the lines of "You will face difficult decisions, that will affect your journey" etc. I know my idea is no way near as complex as some of the stuff that other people are doing but if you've ever played games like Chrono Trigger (for the SNES) you'll know what it's like to not have a game be linear in terms of decision making. I don't know about other people but that really appeals to me.

Last edited:

Roddy

Absent Scripter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2008
I would probably put the explanation in the beginning part. You know, when it says "You are about to enter a world of Pokemon" and junk. It'll say something along the lines of "You will face difficult decisions, that will affect your journey" etc. I know my idea is no way near as complex as some of the stuff that other people are doing but if you've ever played games like Chrono Trigger (for the SNES) you'll know what it's like to not have a game be linear in terms of decision making. I don't know about other people but that really appeals to me.

Well, if it's an attractive explanation, and, a complete one, it for certainly would make people think twice. And, yeah, Chrono Trigger is for certainly a good example of not linear game.

I was thinking about making the legendary Pokémon in the finals [not Arceus] differs from decision to decision, if you get what I mean.
Well, hope you can continue it, I'll help with what I can.

EDIT: How about an "Pokémon Genesis Supporter" similar to yours? I like that mini-Arceus.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Well, if it's an attractive explanation, and, a complete one, it for certainly would make people think twice. And, yeah, Chrono Trigger is for certainly a good example of not linear game.

I was thinking about making the legendary Pokémon in the finals [not Arceus] differs from decision to decision, if you get what I mean.
Well, hope you can continue it, I'll help with what I can.

EDIT: How about an "Pokémon Genesis Supporter" similar to yours? I like that mini-Arceus.

Here's the userbar:
321201990116dy6.png

You can find it on the first post too now.

About the changing legendary pokemon. A big part of the Legend Of Arceus (for my game) is that one of his creations, Giratina hates Arceus and wants to overthrow him. So that basically means that Giratina is the evil legendary in this so I might do something like Giratina helping you depending on your decisions but it'll take some time to think over.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot I'm working on the Latim City tileset which is taking forever due to the national library. Think of the Silph Co. building (how hard it would be to insert) x2. But it'll definitely be worth it in the end.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
YES!!! Finally some feedback! Thank you so much! Just for that I'll show you a small update:

8x7r68.png

Yes, wooden houses because Felridge is a naturey town. You might be thinking "that pallete doesn't look right", well you're wrong it's supposed to look like that. Once again credits to Fanking Omega for the house tiles. I've changed my mind about the grass I'm keeping the good old FR ones. Hmm... what else? Oh, I'm inserting D/P legendaries (that are relevant to the game) over Lati@s and fossil Pokemon, everyother D/P will go in the ??? slots after Celebi. The reason the updates are so limited is because I have work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday all till 9 and I get pretty tired. I'll get tons more done this week though.

EDIT: Sorry, I was just so happy that I got feedback that forgot to address what you said. I would probably put the explanation in the beginning part. You know, when it says "You are about to enter a world of Pokemon" and junk. It'll say something along the lines of "You will face difficult decisions, that will affect your journey" etc. I know my idea is no way near as complex as some of the stuff that other people are doing but if you've ever played games like Chrono Trigger (for the SNES) you'll know what it's like to not have a game be linear in terms of decision making. I don't know about other people but that really appeals to me.

I know it would probably take forever, but u should have made a wooden PC, gym, and mart.
It would look good with the town.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow great hack dude i hope you can finish your hack and put some d/p :D gudluck

Roddy

Absent Scripter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2008
Well, some glitches.

Ivy, the first gym leader, gives you Rock Tomb as a gift. Is it right?
There´s an unpassable tile near the Felridge exit, in the bottom right diagonal of the top flower. Uh, complicated.
Also, the fat guy in the beginning doesn't say anything. Is it right too?

And, last, when you talk to OAK and you're rival come's up, he does not face the right spot. He faces right when it haves to face up.

Hm, test it if you can.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: One more. You can walk on water in Felridge Canyon.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
About the revised one... At the starting town, the fat guy won't talk at all... :\

Also, there's a tile error on the route North from the first town...

Also, there's a movement error in the second town near where the PLAYER thinks "(Wait... What about dad's PARCEL?)"...
And the person who sells those LAVA COOKIES are facing all around while having a conversation with me...
Thanks, I'm not sure what the movement error you're talking about is but I'll check it out. The lava cookies guy was only meant to be a preview. After certain events you can buy different stuff from him so he won't be in the game till the final release. The tile error shouldn't be a problem now since I've completely re-done the first route (unless it's a levelscript or something). The fat guy was just an oversight, I used him for a lot of experiments with scripts so I guess i must have just forgot.

Well, some glitches.

Ivy, the first gym leader, gives you Rock Tomb as a gift. Is it right?
There´s an unpassable tile near the Felridge exit, in the bottom right diagonal of the top flower. Uh, complicated.
Also, the fat guy in the beginning doesn't say anything. Is it right too?

And, last, when you talk to OAK and you're rival come's up, he does not face the right spot. He faces right when it haves to face up.

Hm, test it if you can.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: One more. You can walk on water in Felridge Canyon.
Rock Tomb is wrong but since it's pre-beta I didn't feel like changing it cos it would mean digging through hex which I hate. I've completly re-done Felridge too so once again won't be a problem. The rival thing with the Oak script is an oddity it only happens when you hit the 'A' button before rival can finish his movement (although I'm sure I had a pausemove in there, I'll have to check). And I've fixed the walking on water thing.

I know it would probably take forever, but u should have made a wooden PC, gym, and mart.
It would look good with the town.
Hmm, well you're right it would take a long time but if I really wanted I guess I could just use Kyledove's tiles. BUT it would look really inconsistent and the PC, Gym and Mart are in pretty much every town so they need to be easily distinguishable so I probably won't.

The Latim tileset is a b*****. It's taken nearly 6 hours now and I'm still not done. I've got everything inserted I just need to fine tune it and modify the palletes. Oh and there's this really weird problem with the door which I can't figure out.

EDIT: All right, here it is. 7 hours worth of work (mostly because I made so many mistakes).
2z4x26g.png
ru8zt0.png

Needs to be fine-tuned a little bit more but I am just really sick of tile inserting at the moment. So onto scripting now... great :tired:. First though, I'll update the first post.

Last edited:

Eyriol

Random Brazilian Noob
Years
Ok,er...I must say something about the inicial pokémon.The choice is great,if you pick mareep,you'll have a hard time against Flygon.If you pick Flygon,Walrein almost rapes you.But I'm fiding almost impossible to finish the first gym,I picked trapinch,so Water/Grass attacks are killing me.And the lack of the trainers,makes a little hard to up.

EDIT:The lava cookie guy isn't selling to me(I got 1700$$) and he stills looks around when I talk to him.

EDIT²:Just killed that god damn Tangela.And killed roselia with luck;Magnetude 8.

EDIT³:Ok,I promise I'll stop editing.The beta stops at route 2?

[Off-Topic]:I just caught a Chikorita,a Wynaut and a Larvitar.Am i lucky?

Oh,yes,another Bug:When you beat Ruby,and you don't go outside(for exemple,go right and get the Repel),his position Resets and you can't get out.And,ever if you send the letter,you can't enter the cave again.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ok,er...I must say something about the inicial pokémon.The choice is great,if you pick mareep,you'll have a hard time against Flygon.If you pick Flygon,Walrein almost rapes you.But I'm fiding almost impossible to finish the first gym,I picked trapinch,so Water/Grass attacks are killing me.And the lack of the trainers,makes a little hard to up.

EDIT:The lava cookie guy isn't selling to me(I got 1700$$) and he stills looks around when I talk to him.

EDIT²:Just killed that god damn Tangela.And killed roselia with luck;Magnetude 8.

EDIT³:Ok,I promise I'll stop editing.The beta stops at route 2?

[Off-Topic]:I just caught a Chikorita,a Wynaut and a Larvitar.Am i lucky?

Oh,yes,another Bug:When you beat Ruby,and you don't go outside(for exemple,go right and get the Repel),his position Resets and you can't get out.And,ever if you send the letter,you can't enter the cave again.

I have no idea why he doesn't sell it to you, I've checked the script and it should be okay. The looking around thing is just because I forgot to put in a lock.

It's that hard to beat to Ivy with Trapinch? It gets Bite at level 9 I think and then it'll be a breeze and I thought you would get more than enough training, you beat rival which gets you to 6 then going to Felridge encountering 3 Pokemon would get you to 7.5 then going back you'd be at 8 then going back to Felridge you'd be 9 and then you are forced to fight the girl which will take you to 10. It's hardest with Trapinch because Trapinch I thought would have been everyone's first choice (like Charmander is in FR).

The beta does indeed end at Route 2 I was going to put it up to Route 3 but the trainers kept glitching.

Wow, a Chikorita and Larvitar? That is pretty damn lucky they are the hardest to find in their respective areas. Wynaut is pretty hard to.

And the thing with Ruby... I thought I could get away without doing a level script but I guess not, at least I won't have to prevent the player from going in to cave.

I just haven't felt like hacking today, all I've done is indexed and inserted the pictures of 13 D/P Pokemon. Oh, and I would like 1 beta tester who would also help me out with little jobs here and there.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I have no idea why he doesn't sell it to you, I've checked the script and it should be okay. The looking around thing is just because I forgot to put in a lock.

It's that hard to beat to Ivy with Trapinch? It gets Bite at level 9 I think and then it'll be a breeze and I thought you would get more than enough training, you beat rival which gets you to 6 then going to Felridge encountering 3 Pokemon would get you to 7.5 then going back you'd be at 8 then going back to Felridge you'd be 9 and then you are forced to fight the girl which will take you to 10. It's hardest with Trapinch because Trapinch I thought would have been everyone's first choice (like Charmander is in FR).

The beta does indeed end at Route 2 I was going to put it up to Route 3 but the trainers kept glitching.

Wow, a Chikorita and Larvitar? That is pretty damn lucky they are the hardest to find in their respective areas. Wynaut is pretty hard to.

And the thing with Ruby... I thought I could get away without doing a level script but I guess not, at least I won't have to prevent the player from going in to cave.

I just haven't felt like hacking today, all I've done is indexed and inserted the pictures of 13 D/P Pokemon. Oh, and I would like 1 beta tester who would also help me out with little jobs here and there.
Don't think that way, because its not like trapinch gains a level after every battle he does.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey guys, I'm new here. This hack looks nice!
Welcome to PokeCommunity! If you really like the hack show your support by putting the 'Pokemon Genesis Supporter' userbar in your signature. Hope you have fun here!

Oh,can I be a beta tester?*-*

[off Topic]My rom folder screwed up and I lost my pokémon D:

EDIT:Gotta love the edit button.Only edited to say this.
Sorry but I only need 1 beta tester and Roddy asked first. If I need anyone else you'll be my first choice.

I've inserted the pictures of all 31 D/P Pokemon, I won't say which ones they are you'll have to figure it out yourself. I haven't done the icons of any of them because I really hate icon editing, I'll leave that for just before I release beta 1. I also haven't done the stat/attack editing which I will leave till Darthatron releases a stable beta of his Pokemon Editor. I'm also gonna De-Capitilize the attacks and items. I'm not sure how long I should make the beta. I was thinking of 5 towns. Is that too long or short or about right?

Fendaril

Novice Mario 64 hacker.
Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
if you need beta testers why do you have a download link on your page?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
viewing around the thread and wow, I saw a huge building. That was an awesome screeny! :D

Keep up the great work around! ;)

Back