• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Today marks the end of my 3rd year of splicing. 3 years ago today was when I first posted my splices, and ever since I've looked to improve. Although this is a bit of a small batch, I wanted to post something today to celebrate. I hope you enjoy them.

SpliceSheet57.png

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014

My try to revamp Cloyster's Yellow sprite.

Comments are welcomed.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
My computer's gone off to be repaired so whilst I was bored on this old copy of windows so I made a fusion:
gruine2.png

The feet are terrible, so is the shading a bit... Any words of advise?

My try to revamp Cloyster's Yellow sprite.

Comments are welcomed.
Im not at all really good at critiscism, but i'll give it a go.

Well first of all, it just looks like you've just recoloured it, adding a little shading to the head - although it works well considering there is a lot of detail already in the original sprite. Also I would consider working around with the outline, using black.

Second of all, you said revamp right? Well fist of all, take a look at the newest Sugimori artwork:
200px-091Cloyster.png

Take a look at all the colour differences.
200px-091Cloyster.png
969lq0.jpg

First of all, your colours for the shell are way too a bright purple, use a lighter yet dimmer purple if you don't want to use colours from other sprites. Also take a look at it's face, now I know it doesn't look like it was puple in the first few games but thats just because of limited amount of space, if you take a look though the generations it's face is noticibly more purple, so change that too. Also change the inner shell a more greyish steel type colour like in the artwork.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
@Mew: I don't know much about fusions... May I ask what exactly you have fused together?

treesl.png

I recoloured some tree sprites, any (useful) comments?

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
Please help me! I'm making Dialga and Palkia Fusion based of the manga, look:
Spoiler:

Can someone change its head, hand, and foot so it look like this?:
Spoiler:

Sorry if this's wrong place, by the way I see a person that make a fusion like that too! But I forgot, if You know, please tell me

Last edited:
Years
Please help me! I'm making Dialga and Palkia Fusion based of the manga, look:
Spoiler:

Sorry if this's wrong place, by the way I see a person that make a fusion like that too! But I forgot, if You know, please tell me
There's a request thread for pixel art here (though it doesn't see much activity) and a general art one here (which also isn't very active).

But if you want some advice, you'll probably want to do a little scratch work to get the effect you're looking for. I took the liberty of doing a little modification to your sprite to show you what I mean.

ic0mfr.png

I simply redrew part of the grey head stuff using the parts that were already there as a guide. If you're interested in trying to finish the sprite yourself I'd suggest you just keep experimenting. Eventually you might come up with something you like.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
i thought it was eight colors...
heres the edited version(the colors are from the yellow version bulbasaur sprite)
gsctreeko.png

I don't think this really matches GSC style very well.

If we look at other sprites of small Pokémon:

Spr_2s_004.png
Spr_2g_007.png
Spr_2g_158.png
Spr_2g_152.png
Spr_2c_231.gif
Spr_2s_116.png

None of these make use of dithering to anywhere near the extent you've gone with here, and I also imagine that if Game Freak were to have drawn a Treecko in the GSC style, they would focus more on getting the correct colours by using a single green for most of it's body and using the second colour for the red on it's belly. By using a palette from Yellow you've nearly locked yourself in to imitating that style because the use of colour between RB, Yellow and GSC is very different.

In GSC, colour separation often takes priority over shading, unless you can create a palette that just about manages to fit for both shading and colour seperation, such as in Magby:
Spr_2s_240.png

Last edited:

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
There's a request thread for pixel art here (though it doesn't see much activity) and a general art one here (which also isn't very active).

But if you want some advice, you'll probably want to do a little scratch work to get the effect you're looking for. I took the liberty of doing a little modification to your sprite to show you what I mean.

ic0mfr.png

I simply redrew part of the grey head stuff using the parts that were already there as a guide. If you're interested in trying to finish the sprite yourself I'd suggest you just keep experimenting. Eventually you might come up with something you like.
Wow! Thanks man! I'll finish it myself :)

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Thanks for the critism Mew :3. I'll remember that next time.

Now here's what Gothitelle might look like if she had to recolored if TPCi found her appearence stereotypical for goths.

I used the same purple they used for Jynx in B/W.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Rayce's slices and sprites

Okay I've recently made a few splices and a few made from more than 2 but not really any huge combinations or custom sprites(The blank sheet scares the crap out of me)
Some are cleaver(at least in my opinion) some are simple and some are just plain weird. My little sister came up with many of the ideas so you can thank/blame her for many of the weirdest ones
scaled.php

This one is armaldo and tyranitar with colors from Ho-oh. It's one of my personal favorites
scaled.php

I'm not sure why I even posted this one. It's a just plain weird mix of crobat, unbreon, and ghastly. Very strange and I might end up removing it
scaled.php

This one is Pigeotto and Arbok. I like it for no reason what-so-ever.
scaled.php

This is aerodactyl and kabutops with charmeleon's color
scaled.php

This is a sprite I'm surprised I haven't seen before. Slowking+Slowbro. It's probably been done so if it has just alert me and I'll take it down
scaled.php

This is the closest thing I have to a scratch sprite. It's base is actually buneary believe it or not and I added a bunch of grass type stuff and made a whole new idea. It was origonally going to be my first type change, but I like it(kinda)
scaled.php

This is a mix of piplup and porygon 2. My little sister wanted something with piplup sooooo
scaled.php
zocario.png

Two versions of locario and the new legendary. They mix so well...
scaled.php

My little sister pointed at two random pokemon to give me a challenge...
scaled.php

I love this one because it makes no sense! I grafted pigeotto wings on snorlax. I wonder if he can fly...?
Expect to see more later and me making the sprites more my own, maybe even a real scratch sprite

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
Deja Vu's Sprite Cabin

Welcome to my cozy little base of amateur spriting. I hope you enjoy my work. All criticism welcome! If you would like to use a sprite of mine in a hack of yours, please ask!

Splices
Spoiler:

Trainers
Spoiler:

Devamps/Revamps
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back