• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

RedZero

~RedZero~
Years
This looks pretty cool i like the emerad rom base are you going to leave the battle frontier in it tho?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
He said that he wants his hack to look like vanilla crystal with some minor changes in johto and kanto and a new storyline for sevii im just asking questions and making suggestions...
Suggestion. Why not see if these are the types of changes he wants to make by asking him? I've offered an idea for Shining Opal that I thought would be great and talked with him about it directly, and even offered to create some of the maps for it; he likes the idea but prefers to do it himself if he uses the idea, so I'm respecting and leaving it at that (though that offer remains extended as I know he's in school while I'm roasting in a chair).

My point, however, is that not everyone needs to see everything. I started pointing out bugs in the Light Platinum thread but eventually decided to just go ahead and fix the ones I can, and I'm keeping in contact with Ash regarding other things I think are quirky (just seeing if they're supposed to be, in part).

Cyclone

Years
Dude i played this hack and crystal and i noticed that he really cares about stuff that most people wont even notice when they play and he made this hack look exactly like crystal even add the same text for things like the reflection text or the text for the pokemon pictures and stuff and he said it himself that he wants his hack to look exactly like crystal and have some minor changes in kanto and johto.
Im just a guy who likes this hack and im trying to understand what diego wants to do with it in the future so im asking questions and if he wants he will answer to them i dont demand anything from him.
And i saw that he didnt include some stuff and im not him to know if he didnt add them on purpose so thats why i posted those pics to show them to him and ask him because maybe he forgot to add them hes a human after all and he can forget too.
And after all i was trying to find missing texts and bugs i dont tell him to add things i would love to see in the hack like new areas or trainers if i want something new in the hack i will suggest it to him here.

Anyway why make so much noise about this im asking the creator of this hack not you if you dont like it then just ignore me lol or if you think my ideas are bad your welcome to correct me but i will ignore people like ash who will answer for the creator of a hack and i saw him being like this in other posts in other hacks hahah so i will just do what i said.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Dude i played this hack and crystal and i noticed that he really cares about stuff that most people wont even notice when they play and he made this hack look exactly like crystal even add the same text for things like the reflection text or the text for the pokemon pictures and stuff and he said it himself that he wants his hack to look exactly like crystal and have some minor changes in kanto and johto.
Im just a guy who likes this hack and im trying to understand what diego wants to do with it in the future so im asking questions and if he wants he will answer to them i dont demand anything from him.
And i saw that he didnt include some stuff and im not him to know if he didnt add them on purpose so thats why i posted those pics to show them to him and ask him because maybe he forgot to add them hes a human after all and he can forget too.
And after all i was trying to find missing texts and bugs i dont tell him to add things i would love to see in the hack like new areas or trainers if i want something new in the hack i will suggest it to him here.

Anyway why make so much noise about this im asking the creator of this hack not you if you dont like it then just ignore me lol or if you think my ideas are bad your welcome to correct me but i will ignore people like ash who will answer for the creator of a hack and i saw him being like this in other posts in other hacks hahah so i will just do what i said.
Note that he's not working on this hack right now. Thus, it's up to him whether to do "fixes" now, or whether he wants to wait until he's done the next Shining Opal beta. Heck, maybe he'll even contact you via PM. You do know he'll read all this, however, as he subscribes to his hack threads.

The rest I am sending you via PM, and that should thus close this line of discussion here. I get the feeling that emotions are going up a little here and would rather keep it out of this thread.

Cyclone

Years
Yeah i know that he is working on opal now and that he will probably read those messages and its up to him if he will fix or add something if he wants to do it and when he wants to do it im not telling him to do it now i will finish this hack and post any question or bug report i will find here and then visit this thread again after a very long time so dont worry i wont get this thread to have 50 pages full of pics lol

And yeah this got a bit off topic so that will be my last off topic sorry :p
Btw i aint no hacker if i could fix something i wouldnt be here and i would probably make my own crystal remake :d
But i wouldnt make 1 bc playing ur own hack wouldnt be that cool because i would know anything that will happen and that would suck wouldnt it? :p

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
But i wouldnt make 1 bc playing ur own hack wouldnt be that cool because i would know anything that will happen and that would suck wouldnt it? :p
No, actually. Some people merely create hacks for others' enjoyment. :)

Cyclone

Years
Yeah but i rather play someone elses hack so i wont know what to expect :p

I found 2 more bugs

The animation is messed up here if the player goes in this position it appears as the tools are above him

20f6zb5.png

Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female and Sunkern areas are Unknown in the Pokedex but they can be seen at National Park when the Bug Contest is not held

And some questions

In Crystal Ilex Forest was always dark because of the big trees in this hack it can be day and night will this change in the future
Is Headbutt working ok i used Headbutt like 50 times or more and only 3 pokemon appeared i used to get like 8 pokemon in 10 tries in Crystal
Will you add a shaking animation for the trees when we Headbutt them?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The animation is messed up here if the player goes in this position it appears as the tools are above him

20f6zb5.png

Nidoran Male, Nidoran Female and Sunkern areas are Unknown in the Pokedex but they can be seen at National Park when the Bug Contest is not held

And some questions

In Crystal Ilex Forest was always dark because of the big trees in this hack it can be day and night will this change in the future
Is Headbutt working ok i used Headbutt like 50 times or more and only 3 pokemon appeared i used to get like 8 pokemon in 10 tries in Crystal
Re the bugs, those qualify as bugs moreso than the earlier posts. The tools are simply a tile error (easy fix) and the Pokémon whose areas are unknown is definitely something that also needs fixing.

As for the question I've bolded (I can't answer the other two): the trees I Headbutt in SoulSilver either have nothing all the time or have specific Pokémon that appear all the time. I can Headbutt the same tree knowing I'll get Exeggcute at all times, whereas another might produce Ledyba at all times. Trees are individually determined. I don't think this kind of setting can be set in the case of what we can do on an Emerald base, meaning Headbutting trees comes across more as a standard percentage like walking through the grass. Normally, 3 Pokémon in 50 steps is a good number, and once in a while in games I see more often and less often. For Headbutting, I think I can agree the percentage needs to be higher, maybe more like a 65% or more.

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Wow, I forget to respond to posts on the thread for a few days, and look what happens. XD
Hm ok Cyclone

More stuff i found:

This woman says that before you get the map card in crystal and something about pokemon after we get the card but in this hack she already says her 2nd speech before we get the card

2upz1c1.png

veu2w2.png

vo5w5y.png

2r7pmh3.png

And this text is missing too, that guy says this when pokeballs are available in the first market and in this hack he only says when they will sell pokeballs

2e4xlyf.png

21or2w5.png

Also 2 other minor stuff
1. In crystal the pokemon pc is named bills pc from the start in this hack its name is someones pc
2. In crystal we can remove or add the town map and the bed in our house via the decorations option in the pc
in the first parts of the game will you add an option for that in this hack?

Heheh im playing crystal and crystaldust from the start at the same time to find every bug or missing text in this hack xD
The two problems are fixed and uploaded. I actually didn't miss the second one, but it simply would never say the right text until I fixed it. The first one, I wasn't aware of until now. Thanks!
Bill's PC will be Someone's PC until you meet Bill simply because it makes more sense than knowing straight off who Bill is and what PC is his. As for number two, that simply isn't possible with my current knowledge, sorry.
1. It is? I obviously don't remember this. Tells you how long ago I played Crystal!

2. I know R/S/E has the secret base option, but I don't know whether the bedroom had a similar option. Thus, this might be difficult to replicate unless you start in your "secret base" - a.k.a. your bedroom.

Cyclone
The bedroom has the option of putting down dolls and such, but it can't remove the bed or the Town Map.
Lol i noticed that about bills pc when i played crystal yesterday and maybe it will be easy to add an option to put away bed and other stuff with asm hacks im not a hacker though so idk if its possible :p

Some last stuff for today first i noticed in Violet City this house and the other 1 with the pidgey and the 2 wonen look very different than the ones in crystal.

2hnrm90.png
20rsrhe.png

There are 2 weird things here, First the town map uses a model of a portrait and second when you click on the open window it says "my reflection looking good" 0.o

692ds4.png
24zktty.png

In this house in another town of this hack you can see how the town map looks like and this closed window gives a proper "my reflection looking good" message

28wmffc.png

And also this object is missing

j7682g.png
2r26skj.png

This happens in both houses

And some questions:

1. Will you add lights outside the houses at night in the future?
2. Is the hoothoot of the dude who teaches how to catch pokemon supposed to miss its tackle attack he did miss once for me lol
3. Will you add different music when its night for sevii islands and maybe for johto & kanto too?
4. Why did you choose Sevii Islands for the third region is there any specific reason for this?
Im asking because maybe it would be better to make it a different island or a big or medium sized region we visited sevii in fr/lg an adventure in a new area would be better in my opinion (like liquid crystal where they made valencia islands as the 3rd region)
5. Will there be 16 badges like in crystal or will you add some gyms in sevii and add more badges and will we be able to check badges earned in kanto and sevii if you add more badges?

Thats it no more beta testing today for me ill stop at the beggining of route 32 and continue tommorow hehe
The reason for the houses looking different is because I don't have the right tiles for them, so I have to make due with what I have. This goes for the incense burner as well. The portrait is not supposed to be a Town Map, just an unusable portrait. Fixed. The window is actually not open, so the player can still see their reflection.
And now for your questions:
1. I wish to be able to, but the only way I know how right now would be very hacky.
2. He can miss, the NPC's Pokémon aren't perfect.
3. I may, but instead, I'm having someone make the GB Player for the hack. It'll be much better than the one in HG/SS!
4. Well, considering Liquid Crystal took the Orange Islands as a region you can go to, I thought it would be interesting to see how the Sevii Islands are after three years. Besides, after never seeing it mentioned again outside of FR/LG, I thought it needed some attention.
5. I'm not planning for more gyms on Sevii right now, but that doesn't mean that there never will be. And yes, you can check the badges of the other regions if you're in them.
Oh cool game :) ill surely love to play it:)
Thanks for the comment!
@ElitePokes: You do realize that Diego does not have any obligation to make the hack EXACTLY as Crystal, don't you?

He said that he wants his hack to look like vanilla crystal with some minor changes in johto and kanto and a new storyline for sevii im just asking questions and making suggestions...
Yeah, exactly. I really do appreciate the oddities that ElitePokes is telling me, and I'm glad that CrystalDust can be more accurate.
This looks pretty cool i like the emerad rom base are you going to leave the battle frontier in it tho?
There will be a Battle Frontier in the future.
Suggestion. Why not see if these are the types of changes he wants to make by asking him? I've offered an idea for Shining Opal that I thought would be great and talked with him about it directly, and even offered to create some of the maps for it; he likes the idea but prefers to do it himself if he uses the idea, so I'm respecting and leaving it at that (though that offer remains extended as I know he's in school while I'm roasting in a chair).

My point, however, is that not everyone needs to see everything. I started pointing out bugs in the Light Platinum thread but eventually decided to just go ahead and fix the ones I can, and I'm keeping in contact with Ash regarding other things I think are quirky (just seeing if they're supposed to be, in part).

Cyclone
It's perfectly fine if he posts the glitches here. It gives more attention to the game.

I found 2 more bugs

20f6zb5.png

And some questions

The bugs are fixed and uploaded. Ilex Forest will probably not get perma-night; instead, being slightly darker will have to suffice. Headbutt has been slightly reduced in Pokémon variation due to Emerald's limitations, and there might be an animation in the future.
Re the bugs, those qualify as bugs moreso than the earlier posts. The tools are simply a tile error (easy fix) and the Pokémon whose areas are unknown is definitely something that also needs fixing.

As for the question I've bolded (I can't answer the other two): the trees I Headbutt in SoulSilver either have nothing all the time or have specific Pokémon that appear all the time. I can Headbutt the same tree knowing I'll get Exeggcute at all times, whereas another might produce Ledyba at all times. Trees are individually determined. I don't think this kind of setting can be set in the case of what we can do on an Emerald base, meaning Headbutting trees comes across more as a standard percentage like walking through the grass. Normally, 3 Pokémon in 50 steps is a good number, and once in a while in games I see more often and less often. For Headbutting, I think I can agree the percentage needs to be higher, maybe more like a 65% or more.

Cyclone
Headbutting acts completely different in GSC. Maybe I should up the amount of Pokémon in the trees though.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Just wanted to say you're doing a great job. Few hacks have the level of quality and polish that this has, and the way the scripts work to reproduce what was is rather incredible, this is game completely emulates the feel of what would have been a 3rd generation remake. Heck, if I saw this in a store and didn't already know that it wasn't official, I'd probably think that it was.

Years
I battled the twins again and this time the battle music was fine idk what happened the last time i cant reproduce this bug :(
As for Bill theres a guy in Violets Pokemon Center who says that Bill Made the Pokemon PC Storage and his sister says that too so we should already know whos the storage system is :p
Have you added sleeping pokemon when encountering pokemon via headbutt sleeping pokemon like hoothoot at day drop from trees in crystal (i heard that some pokemon are asleep at day and some others at night idk if thats true) and are all the headbutt pokemon available like pineco and noctowl or you cant add them all?
Also the lady that gives the Return or Frustration TMs in Sunday at the Goldenrod Market is always there and says what she should say after she gave the TM or both tms if its possible bc i never got the frustration tm so idk if that can happen but i havent got any of them yet, in Crystal she only appears in Sundays (or maybe on other days too im not 100% sure yet)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I battled the twins again and this time the battle music was fine idk what happened the last time i cant reproduce this bug :(
As for Bill theres a guy in Violets Pokemon Center who says that Bill Made the Pokemon PC Storage and his sister says that too so we should already know whos the storage system is :p
I know this too having played SoulSilver recently. However, even after that the game still refers to it as "Someone's PC". If you want him to replicate the game exactly, this must be maintained. You could go without talking to these sprites.

One thing he DID fix that I consider a Nintendo bug is after the Bug-Catching Contest, where GF sends your contest Pokémon to "Bill's PC" but later it still shows as "Someone's PC" with your Pokémon in there. Surprised that got through the bug testing since the Bug-Catching Contest HAD to have been tested thoroughly. They missed that particular bug (pun entirely intended).

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Wow thank you for the many fixes and for answering my questions i see that this hack got the potential to become 1 of the best!
Thanks for the praise!
Just wanted to say you're doing a great job. Few hacks have the level of quality and polish that this has, and the way the scripts work to reproduce what was is rather incredible, this is game completely emulates the feel of what would have been a 3rd generation remake. Heck, if I saw this in a store and didn't already know that it wasn't official, I'd probably think that it was.
Wow, thanks a lot!
Have you added sleeping pokemon when encountering pokemon via headbutt sleeping pokemon like hoothoot drop from trees in crystal (i heard that some pokemon are asleep at day and some others at night idk if thats true) and are all the headbutt pokemon available like pineco and noctowl or you cant add them all?
Also the lady that gives the Return or Frustration TMs in Sunday at the Goldenrod Market is always there and says what she should say after she gave the TM or both tms if its possible bc i never got the frustration tm so idk if that can happen but i havent got any of them yet, in Crystal she only appears in Sundays (or maybe on other days too im not 100% sure yet)
Well, in FRLG, you had people that would talk to you about Bill making the Storage System as well, yet until you met Bill, the PC is referred to as "Someone's PC". I did the same here.
You can't get sleeping Pokémon at night, sorry to say. All of the headbutt Pokémon are available, just maybe not in the same area they were before.
The lady appearing every day is a glitch, fixed and uploaded.

Years
Lol ok then :P
Thanks for the fix ill download the patch and go to sleep xD

Edit:

Well hello i played up to ecruteak city and got some more questions for some things

In the outside area of the daycare house there was no pokemon OWs where the daycare couple keep the players pokemon when you dont give them any pokemon to raise for you and an ow of the pokemon or 2 of them would appear when you let them keep a pokemon or two to raise them for you
In this hack there are always 3 pokemon OWs outside of the house and they are not the players pokemon will that change in the future?
Also you could go there in crystal and you could use surf and find a hidden item

The other thing is that wild Growlithe can hold a burnt berry in crystal that cures freezing and in this hack they hold a rawst berry that cures a burn condition. (they hold a rawst berry in emerald too so maybe this need to change to make the hack more crystal like)

And last the dialogue with Kurt is a bit weird after he gives me a pokeball if i talk to him he will say "You have an APRICORN for me? Fine! I'll turn it into a BALL.'' but i dont have any Apricorns and then the Apricorn Menu Appears and when i select Cancel he will say "Oh... That's a letdown...''
In Crystal if you dont have any apricorns he will just say hes normal dialogue about making custom pokeballs if i bring apricorns to him

Oh and btw have you fixed the 2 X Defend in Violets Market Menu?

Edit 2:

Do badges boost pokemon stats some gym leaders tell me that the badge they gave me boosts a certain stat but i cant tell if my stats changed i was wondering the same for the official games

Do Raikou and Entei Roam Johto and if not is it possible to have them do that?
In Emerald Latios and Latias can roam the region so i think its somehow possible to make the 2 legendery dogs roam Johto

Last edited:
Years
Played some more and found bunch of more stuff

I found 3 trainers whos pokemon order is different from crystal and thats nothing major but maybe you will want to change them
1. The Guy in the route near Mahogony uses Diglett Geodude and Dugdrio in Crystal in CD he uses diglett dugdrio then geodude
2. The woman rocket executive in the mahogony uses arbok murkrow then gloom in crystal in CD she uses arbok gloom then murkrow
3. The man rocket executive where murkrow tells u the password for the electrodes area uses Zubat raticate koffing in crystal but i forgot the order in cd i think its zubat koffing and raticate sorry you can check it yourself if you want :(

Theres a dude in Ecruteaks Pokemon Center who tells about the Gyarados but theres a typo and he says Gyrados instead

Then i found a Marill in Violet while i was surfing they arent supposed to be there u can find those in Mr Mortar

Theres a trainer after u exit mr mortar who got a nidorino and nidorina, the nidorinas lvl in crystal is 16 in cd its 14

In Ecruteak after you get the badge if you try to go to tin tower in crystal you can enter this area and talk to those people in cd a man never lets you pass in that place after you get the badge and he just tells about an outstanding event that happened also in crystal he had an animation every time that the player would try to go in that area he would run fast to the players direction and not let him pass if he didnt have the badge in cd he just talks to you and you go back if you try to go to this place without the badge
Anyway here are all the dialogues in that area when you get the badge

2vjx4dl.png
9rq7g0.png
11h6ikk.png
2ly0uhe.png
nxw014.png
10prk8x.png
35cfqes.png
wrkrgl.png
2egb0vn.png
bdsl69.png
1231w8p.png
ra23xl.png
2vslreq.png
fogles.png
c6vpu.png

The last 5 show dialogue if you try to go to tin tower and that man stops you

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Good eye on the Marill in Violet City, it's not even in the Gen. IV remakes in that location. As for this, however...

Played some more and found bunch of more stuff

I found 3 trainers whos pokemon order is different from crystal and thats nothing major but maybe you will want to change them
1. The Guy in the route near Mahogony uses Diglett Geodude and Dugdrio in Crystal in CD he uses diglett dugdrio then geodude
2. The woman rocket executive in the mahogony uses arbok murkrow then gloom in crystal in CD she uses arbok gloom then murkrow
3. The man rocket executive where murkrow tells u the password for the electrodes area uses zubat raticate and koffing but i forgot the order in crystal and cd sorry you can check it yourself if you want :(
Pokémon order is decided by the opponent AI. This can be witnessed when watching a video of any hack or by playing certain battles multiple times; in Groment City on the Light Platinum hack, this becomes obvious. I played the battle with Gym Leader Atlas twice. Both times, I had different orders of Pokémon. The video showed a third.

This is something that cannot be controlled by the hack creator or even an official game's creator; the only one with any control at all is the leader first one sent out, and the rest are random. It's equivalent to you: when your eyes lock, you both send out the one at the front of your party; when you finish a round, you get to choose another Pokémon. The only difference is they don't get forewarned about your new choice after one of yours goes down, and theirs always stays out even if you bring up one with a 4x weakness to it (they can switch, but it costs a turn).

Also, there is one thing to consider in this remake. He may add Pokémon to some areas that are not found anywhere else in the game. Don't rule out this possibility; if the Pokémon you don't recognize in an area is not found ANYWHERE in the original game, leave it be. It's there because we can't trade from our emulators. That's it. :) My guess is this will happen more in Kanto and not Johto (unless it's in the 152-251 group).

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
Wew i didnt knew about this but after playing crystal and this hack i battled many trainers and only found those 3 use a different order so idk...
As for for different pokemon yeah i know that so far i havent found any new pokemon in johto so maybe he will add them for kanto like you said and sevii too.

Anyway here some more stuff i found

This Carbos in mt mortar is missing you can go there from the second entrance to the cave where there are many items inside
o5qr6x.png

Just a button that makes a sound in goldenrods market i wonder if you add it :P
i3i1bp.png

Theres a pink apricorn in this tree in crystal theres nothing in this tree though in this hack
214xyk3.png

Update: Now i got one after suicune was near it after he flees...

This guy keeps repeating 2 things in crystal in this hack he only talks about the poke gear not the pokedex heres the missing dialogue
2mcklc.png
2j6a9kx.png

This text is missing here near mahogony
qn0k0j.png
16scp4.png

The POTION item is missing from the items menu in mahogony in the place where the bad guy sells 4 items

This is the mail from the spearow you get to give to a fat guy who gives you the NIGHTMARE TM in cd you get a letter but cant read it will this change in the future?
35cj5n5.png

The 1st trainer andrew uses 2 marowaks and the other uses a kangaskhan in this hack you gave kangaskhan to the first trainer and the marowaks to the second :P Their dialogues are fine though this is in union cave near the place where you can find the lapras
2uhmw53.png
s187ki.png

And a question, do we get umbreon and espeon like we did in crystal?

Last edited:
Back