• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
I hate Garbodor, not only because it' poison type, but also because it reminds me of every time i have to take out the garbage xD(seriously). I also don't like alomomola, it looks like a pair of gloves sewn together to me. In the other hand, I like a lot of the new pokemon. Samurott is awesomely cool, and serperior too. Haxorus and Hydreigon are just draconic power :P and emolga is cute :3 Also, cryogonal's desing is pretty elaborate IMO so it's nice :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
I would have to agree with some in this thread!

That Conkeldurr is by far my fav! Granted, there are some seriously wicked designs in Gen V. I can understand many not liking them, but if Pokemon (as a genre) is to "Evolve" (no pun intended (or is it)), then so must the variety of Pokemon.

But anyways, Conk just looks SUPER imposing to me! I can just imagine him standing there saying "CONK SMASH!!!" (In his best Hulk immitation LoL)

As for my least favorite? Hmm, thats a good question... I am very open to new design. So i can't say i hated any. I thought Gothita was a bit aweful honestly. I named her Stripper and put her in my PC to collect dust and rot. And her evolutions? All they did was take the bra and multiply it.. Gothita has 1 bra, Gothorita has 2 and Gothitelle has 4.... I mean, come on now.. Seriously? If Pokemon had a brothel, it'd be infested with Gothorita's.. LOL Kinda poor taste IMO. Although im sure there's a group of young boy's out there with a Gothorita fan club! LOL

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
As for my least favorite? Hmm, thats a good question... I am very open to new design. So i can't say i hated any. I thought Gothita was a bit aweful honestly. I named her Stripper and put her in my PC to collect dust and rot. And her evolutions? All they did was take the bra and multiply it.. Gothita has 1 bra, Gothorita has 2 and Gothitelle has 4.... I mean, come on now.. Seriously? If Pokemon had a brothel, it'd be infested with Gothorita's.. LOL Kinda poor taste IMO. Although im sure there's a group of young boy's out there with a Gothorita fan club! LOL

well Gothita and Gothorita are based on the Gothic lolita concept and Gothitelle based on the gypsy fortune teller
And those are not bras but bows

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Well, while they may be bows. They were surely placed strategically enough, and shaped appropriately to be the other. Or then again my mind could just be too mature minded for its own good sometimes LOL

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
Well, while they may be bows. They were surely placed strategically enough, and shaped appropriately to be the other. Or then again my mind could just be too mature minded for its own good sometimes LOL
Considering they don't have any straps and have that big obvious middle knot then yes, I think this one is entirely your fault.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Considering they don't have any straps and have that big obvious middle knot then yes, I think this one is entirely your fault.

Well, unfortunately i am going to have to call you out on this one. There is definitely ZERO visibility of ANY form of a knot.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gothita_(Pokémon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gothorita_(Pokémon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gothitelle_(Pokémon)

Nowhere does it show a knot. It shows the two oval shapes coming together.

Nesferxty

*90s Kid Forever*
Years
My favs are a toss up between Liepard (reminds me of my Bengal cat haha!) and Deerling for the cutness and colour changing in the seasons.

I HATE Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe...I dont really appreciate having a pokemon that looks like an icecream :(

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
I hate most of the designs in 5th gen, but there are a few I kinda like. My favourite would have to be Oshawott, although I hate Dewott and Samurott. I also like Trubbish, but really really dislike Garbodor.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
despite what most people say, i like all of the pokemon in 5th gen, but i will admit that they could have been made with a bit more care and a bit more effort, then we would have seen the true pokemon masters making their masterpiece!

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
Favorite non-legends: Hydregion, Zoroark, Eelektross, and Chandelure
Favorite legend: Kyurem
Least favorite non-legends: Stoutland, Scoliopede, Basculin, Beheeyem, Stunfisk, and Durant
Least favorite legend: Terrakion

Sorry I couldn't narrow it down to one in each category! lol

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
Gothita, Gothorita, and Gothitelle are my favorites and I dont have a least favorite.

Cyru

-
Years
Am i the only one that likes Garbodor? I don't agree with many non-animal Pokémon but this one i liked, just because of how creative it was! I mean sure, the movepool was a bit strange, but i loved it! If there had to be a pokemon i disliked, it'd have to be Druddigon, what a disappointment that was. It was just ugly...

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Favourite- Krookodile. Also, am I the only one who likes Sigilyph?
Least Favourite- Vaniluxxe. It's an ice cream. Also Id throw Emboar in because Darmanitan and Chandelure are so much better

Years
My favorite is definitely Oshawott. It's a baby otter, so how could you not love it?

Least favorite would be Amoonguss. Whereas Foongus is kinda cute, Amoonguss just looks silly.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
so far my favorite is liligant. with the right move set she is amazing and her design is awesome. i think my least favorite is vanillite and its evolutions....

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Galvantula is amazing! STAB Thunder that's 91% accurate, plus it has a cool design (IMO).

Least favorite... I found Purrloin and Liepard to be pretty "meh" worthy. Just kinda forgettable.

Charvisioku

Psyduck Fanatic
Years
I'm not really a fan of Gen V. BUT I absolutely love Accelgor's design. He is one cool mofo. Palpitoad is another favourite - I love the weird little head wobble animation he has in-battle. And Conkeldurr is awesome. Okay so there were some gems in G5.

As for least favourite... the Simi trio. Wtf, seriously? Fire monkey, grass monkey, water monkey? What were they trying to achieve there, exactly? Just... fail.

Very intrigued to see Gen VI, just for comedy value. I reckon it'll be quite funny. I laughed my head off when I saw Woobat and Swoobat. Good lord...

Also, am I the only one who likes Sigilyph?

Nope, Sygilyph is pretty cool xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
As you might be able to tell from my sig, my favorite pokes of gen V is the reuniclus line. They just look so great. Duosion may be one of the only middle stage pokes in all gens that I really like.

Back