• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

sengana

lovely potato
Years
oh, okay, it might sound stupid but where's the hm for cut? i checked everything, i spoke to everyone, i'm after the second badge but can't go to next town bc the missing hm D:
i can't be this blind and stupid, can i? ._.

[EDIT]: nothing, just found it. it seems i CAN be this blind XD

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Do you think you can make rare candies and all TMs buyable in the next Beta?
Rare Candies are actually already available to buy during the night in RC 1.

As for TMs, a good portion of them will be for purchase in Aqualight's "Top Secret Facility" which will become open in RC 2.
----------
You'll finally be able to use the Breeze Train! I'm going to try to make it like Johto's inter-region SS Aqua where you can battle trainers occasionally and find items.

Now trying to see if I can get regional wild battle and trainer music to function.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm not sure how savestates work, but doesn't it take an actual capture of the game? Therefore, if you were to update the beta, that actual capture is no longer valid... am I right? Would that mean it would cause glitches?
----------
Small update. Here are some scripting I've done.

Years
In fact I played reign of legends recently and I used save states to upgrade to recent version – and it worked without problem… After all it is possible to use your old save (in-game save) for the new version, I guess thats because the alterations between both version aren't too big, at least at the level of the place you saved : if that place remains the same in both versions, the game just upgrades the other places without crash. So if you do the same with save states (in poke center for example, which just never change), you could avoid bugs, no ? Just a guess xD After all it worked for me.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
In fact I played reign of legends recently and I used save states to upgrade to recent version – and it worked without problem… After all it is possible to use your old save (in-game save) for the new version, I guess thats because the alterations between both version aren't too big, at least at the level of the place you saved : if that place remains the same in both versions, the game just upgrades the other places without crash. So if you do the same with save states (in poke center for example, which just never change), you could avoid bugs, no ? Just a guess xD After all it worked for me.
Oh okay. I guess savestates can work although I don't recommend it, I'm just not used to them. I never used them before. And yeah 3.0 RC 1 will be compatible with all future releases. The reason for 2.3 and 3.0 non compatibility was due to a change in flags during the early portions of the game when you just start. There was a flag problem that needed to be fixed. So this was an automatic brake in compatibility. Plus I slightly updated and refreshed the early parts of the game as well. Also, there were just way too many internal changes to the game that I was afraid of having people experience random unwanted bugs.

Yeah. Pokemon Centers never change. That's why it's best advised to save there. I wouldn't want you to be caught in an area that may have got updated or closed off and be stuck there.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Who is the Gym Leader of Pokewood. What types does he/she use?
As the sixth gym leader, she will use the normal type. I might have to put some Scraggys during Route 61's nighttime. Alba may be the hardest Taejo gym leader yet. Kinda like Whitney's trolly Miltank. Lol.
Tip: Train a female fighting type!
----------
Further update on the progress:
The only mapping to be done for RC 2 is that of Conquest Road/Cave and of course the league. I'm currently scripting Alba's gym opening and Normaly's 2nd encounter. Then I'll script the Breeze Pass, Powerstone City, Aqualight's Super Rocket Takeover (this will be funny), then the water routes, then finally Chert Town. Then I'll take a rest to brainstorm the Conquest routes. RC 2 will end right after defeating the champion.

Also! When you battle cops at night now, they'll have their own battle music!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
As the sixth gym leader, she will use the normal type. I might have to put some Scraggys during Route 61's nighttime. Alba may be the hardest Taejo gym leader yet. Kinda like Whitney's trolly Miltank. Lol.
Tip: Train a female fighting type!
----------
Further update on the progress:
The only mapping to be done for RC 2 is that of Conquest Road/Cave and of course the league. I'm currently scripting Alba's gym opening and Normaly's 2nd encounter. Then I'll script the Breeze Pass, Powerstone City, Aqualight's Super Rocket Takeover (this will be funny), then the water routes, then finally Chert Town. Then I'll take a rest to brainstorm the Conquest routes. RC 2 will end right after defeating the champion.

Also! When you battle cops at night now, they'll have their own battle music!
Hi Frozen I'm at Pokewood & a Little Girl Stole my badges What do i have to do at Pokewood?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Breeze Train via Route 50 - Aqualight is now 100% functional! And of course it doesn't travel to Seijo right now. There are other Breeze Passes like the W Seijo Pass and N Taejo Pass...

And check the first post for new screenshots regarding RC 2!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
So I read that you could beef up your eevee with the gene stone...only when I try to use it both my normal eevee and the G-eevee say "no use". Has it been changed in beta 3 ? Searched the thread but no luck :(

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
So I read that you could beef up your eevee with the gene stone...only when I try to use it both my normal eevee and the G-eevee say "no use". Has it been changed in beta 3 ? Searched the thread but no luck :(
I originally made it so the Gene Stone can be used on Eevee to transform it into G-Eevee. I then decided to make Eevee not transform into G-Eevee. I instead made G-Eevee an event giveaway. G-Eevee is in fact just a stronger version of Eevee but cannot evolve, in RC 2, it will be able to evolve into Flareon, etc just like the normal one. G-Eevee is useful in that it learns very unusual attacks. I also made the mistake in giving it the fairy type. That is fixed for RC 2.

Back