• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
I don't think that would work out. Lance has a gyarados too, and I think it would just be better to just find a way to make that gyarados shiny. If there are other trainers that might have gyarados, then they would end up shiny too.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Hey, I've noticed a few other glitches...
1) When I use the Pokémon Center outside of Union Cave, the game freezes.
2) All of the Team Rocket people in the Slowpoke well are f'ed up, except for the last one.
3) Celebi's Shrine in the forest covers your head, instead of you covering it.

Zowayix

hi
Years
I think you get fly after beating cianwood gym, talk to the girl outside the gym.
But i think in ShinyGold, Zel made that girl one of your rivals, so... ...?

Years
No, the Gym leader has a daughter, who is one of your rivals, the other female however is the Gym leaders wife, who gives you FLY upon beating the Gym in Cianwood.

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I'm not sure but if zel is unable to make the gyrados shiny couldn't he just use one of the empty pokemon slots in the rom and replace it with a shiny colored gyarados, of course I'm not sure if this would work, im just suggesting alternatives.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
I'm not sure but if zel is unable to make the gyrados shiny couldn't he just use one of the empty pokemon slots in the rom and replace it with a shiny colored gyarados, of course I'm not sure if this would work, im just suggesting alternatives.

heh some people already mentioned this earlier but i think zel doesn't want to do it this way

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
he some people already mentioned this earlier but i think zel doesn't want to do it this way

Oh I didn't know someone had suggested this earlier sorry about that, I was trying to suggest something helpful.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Guys, just let zel figure it out. After all, it is his hack. We've pitched many ideas to him about the Shiny Gyarados and tons of stuff, but he's an amazing hacker and there's no doubt he won't figure it out.

It seems like you're losing faith in the almighty scripter Zel :P

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I LOVE THIS GAME. I wanted them to create a remake like they did FireRed and such, But Ive found something better. *grins* Love it Zel

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
If zel makes a new pokemon that looks like a shiny gyarados what happens when you breed it?

If it would probably might look the same once you evolve it into a gyarados, because zel would replace the regular gyarados sprite, to input a shiny look-a-like in. Unless he has his ways of scripting. ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
If zel makes a new pokemon that looks like a shiny gyarados what happens when you breed it?

First of all, you ignored my post :P

Second of all, you have a very good point. That, and, how weird would it look to see Gyarados (obviously zel won't actually name is Red Gyarados) #387 on the stat screen?

userpr

Quilava Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
First of all, you ignored my post :P

Second of all, you have a very good point. That, and, how weird would it look to see Gyarados (obviously zel won't actually name is Red Gyarados) #387 on the stat screen?

Im not sure but isn't it possible to work it out like the unowns so that it shares the same pokedex data as the normal gyarados, and he could just name it Gyrados and breeding should be pretty easy if it works similarly to evolution.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Im not sure but isn't it possible to work it out like the unowns so that it shares the same pokedex data as the normal gyarados, and he could just name it Gyrados and breeding should be pretty easy if it works similarly to evolution.

Another smart idea. But you know how you need a special Pokedex upgration to access the UnknownDex? What a waste of space just for one subDex of a Gyarados. It doesn't seem all that worth it, if we have space on the ROM, then it could work out. I suggest zel keep that idea in mind.

EDIT: Gyarados Pokedex = GyaraDex :P :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
well i dn't see the need to breed (rhymed) gyarados i mean as long as you have a shiny one does it matter?

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
well i dn't see the need to breed (rhymed) gyarados i mean as long as you have a shiny one does it matter?

True, cause when you breed with a shiny, the chances of hatching one, are still the same even as you breed with a normal gyarados. So one shiny gyarados is good enough, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back