• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Saving money!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So back in the early Gen 2 days, there was this useful feature where your mother saved your money for you, so you didn't spend/waste it all, kind of like a bank so that you could balance it out. She also got extra items and stuff with that money that she saved to help improve your gameplay/enjoyment/etc (although they weren't really exciting!) Nevertheless, would you like this option to return in these games given that the region looks somewhat classy and investing money kind of helps wealth? It may not necessarily be by the parent in your home, but if not, who else do you think might do this for you? Would it just be annoying to you? If so what kind of items would you want her to buy, more than just PokeDolls? Share your thoughts!

Zet

Years
I think it would be great to see saving money return, along with secret bases to place pokedolls and other various items. As for saving it, I think either with your parent(s) or an actual in-game bank would work(I'm leaning more towards the bank, because it would be something new).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd like to see that feature return, but instead of having having your mother saving the money for you. How about the game has an actual bank where you can actually store your money in?

And there could be some rewards for storing in a certain amount of money in the bank, and then the person actually gives you a reward. Such as a Rare Candy or some hold item like an Exp. Share.

Wouldn't that be interesting to see happen? ^^

blue

gucci
Years
I would like some sort of banking system just as long as my Mom doesn't spends half of it on dozens of Berries that I will never use.. ;;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd like to see some sort of bank, I agree, or maybe your parents can save your money again.

Although, if your parents will save your money, I hope they don't call every 5 minutes to say that their spending it!

Guy

just a guy
Years
A bank is less likely to go out spending our money than our of our parents who will call almost every five minutes sometimes when they buy us something that is more than often of no use. I think a banking system would make for a great feature and of course the return of saving our money. And if they really wanted to go the extra mile then working it so we get a small increase in interest rate would be nice. Perhaps when we defeat a gym leader or someone of importance and overcome important obstacles, we can see a small increase in our savings account.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah a bank would be awesome, possibly both actually. This is because your mother can save it at the beginning, up until you reach the bank which is when she can transfer your funds over to there, and surprise you with something she brought with your money in the mean time! You'd get the long-term bank (with interest like Hiiro mentioned), something from your mother and a guaranteed way to save throughout the whole game.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
So back in the early Gen 2 days, there was this useful feature where your mother saved your money for you, so you didn't spend/waste it all, kind of like a bank so that you could balance it out. She also got extra items and stuff with that money that she saved to help improve your gameplay/enjoyment/etc (although they weren't really exciting!) Nevertheless, would you like this option to return in these games given that the region looks somewhat classy and investing money kind of helps wealth? It may not necessarily be by the parent in your home, but if not, who else do you think might do this for you? Would it just be annoying to you? If so what kind of items would you want her to buy, more than just PokeDolls? Share your thoughts!

I feel that this would be nice, not for saving, but maybe if you save enough you get a prize like in Majora's Mask, how you get the Adult Wallet and all xD

Back