• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Zowayix

hi
Years
Yes. It's been reported multiple times. Please read the first post next time before posting a glitch.

PokemonSlave

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 26, 2007
W00t! Good job for sticking it through and making an awesome game Zel. A year is a long time and a lot of people would have quit by now, so thank you very much in advance for making this sweet ROM! ^____^ I'm going to wait to permentally play the ROM until it's fully complete, it's making me just as excited and anxious like when I was waiting for D/P to come out! :P

Pieandcowz

Teh Moo Cow
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
its funny how the ghost tower thing looks like a modern day sky scraper but not as big... lol

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
speaking of going um... well... going fast in buildings, can you make it so that you can run anywhere? Like in D/P?
I'm not sure about that one. I think it's impossible...
But I also thought it was impossible to add a Phone Booth with every single detail.
So, we'll never know until Zel tells us :P

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I started over once again and started gambling at the Game Corner.
I had a lot of coins, so I traded my earned coins for a Dratini. The Dratini which I got was poisoned o.o
It only happened once thus far

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Not just the common grunts, but our friends J&J. Will we battle them? I don't know... (Well, I know, but won't tell XD)

Heheh... Sounds exciting, zel... The old Team Rocket that never get's old (or do they...?)...

Well, best of luck, zel!

I'm not sure about that one. I think it's impossible...
But I also thought it was impossible to add a Phone Booth with every single detail.
So, we'll never know until Zel tells us :P

It's not impossible, though. In fact, it's very simple to do... I just use A-Map and the jb's done! Eheheh...

Years
For the Radio Tower, in the other screenshot, I couldn't see the top, which, to me, made it looks a bit big.

And Zel, I did mean the Pokemon Cemetary. I just couldn't think of the name at the moment.

pokemon1.0

zeikku SSJ7!
Years
Question: Why are the unfinished cities so glitchy anyways? Surely they'd be the same as they were in the untouched firered game, or am I missing something?

(No Airplane "don't call me Shirley" jokes please)

they're not the same because tile borders and the order of tiling was changed so in a result it messes up the towns 'look'

ive been away so i have a few questions..

will the item sprites for items like the mystery egg etc. be added into B5?

will we see new sprites (reposes/revamps) for the existing 386 pokemon in the hack?

o yeah and i suscribed to you on youtube, i love the new music you added to SG!, and i wish you the best, if you need revamps/sprites in general just ask! il always be here to help you or anyone else if they need it XD

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
can someone tell me where i get an english advance map plz.
i really hope that that jirachi will be good.i love jirachis and weaviles lol.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
they're not the same because tile borders and the order of tiling was changed so in a result it messes up the towns 'look'

will we see new sprites (reposes/revamps) for the existing 386 pokemon in the hack?

o yeah and i suscribed to you on youtube, i love the new music you added to SG!, and i wish you the best, if you need revamps/sprites in general just ask! il always be here to help you or anyone else if they need it XD

Probably not, he will do that when he thinks he needs to, besides thats not the most important thing, i dont even look at them

Definitely not because you dont need that in Shinygold, the sprites are fine just the way they are and that is unnessacary time wasted, the only sprites that need to be done are, Gold, Cystal, silver and a second red

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Probably not, he will do that when he thinks he needs to, besides thats not the most important thing, i dont even look at them

Definitely not because you dont need that in Shinygold, the sprites are fine just the way they are and that is unnessacary time wasted, the only sprites that need to be done are, Gold, Cystal, silver and a second red

I remember something about zel saying he would fix that in beta five

Pokemon_X

Trainer
Years
It's not impossible, though. In fact, it's very simple to do... I just use A-Map and the jb's done! Eheheh...
actually it should be impossiple, because using A-map would result in that you also can ride your bike anywhere(as far as I know)

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
actually it should be impossiple, because using A-map would result in that you also can ride your bike anywhere(as far as I know)

I might be wrong here but I've never seen anything on A-map for riding the bike. I think that's a scripting thing.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
I've seen a hack and all they did was make it so you could run and ride your bike inside
Edit this was on ruby btw

Your probably right I was just taking a wild guess, but it would be the same for ruby and fire red because fire red was built off ruby.

Anyway, Zel those screens of Lavender look amazing!!!11!1!one!eleven I can't wait to see more of what you've done to kanto.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Let's answer the questions first, and maybe later in another post I'll put more screenshots... I have to slow down from now on with my screenshot release madness, 'cause still there's some more stuff to do...

speaking of going um... well... going fast in buildings, can you make it so that you can run anywhere? Like in D/P?

I can try to play with AdvanceMap, I don't know if there was any map in which you could run and not use Bike/EscapeRope/etc
If there isn't well, bad luck, it's not like walking hurts THAT much... -_-

I started over once again and started gambling at the Game Corner.
I had a lot of coins, so I traded my earned coins for a Dratini. The Dratini which I got was poisoned o.o
It only happened once thus far

Are you sure it was poisoned and not with the "Pokérus"? :o

Question: Why are the unfinished cities so glitchy anyways? Surely they'd be the same as they were in the untouched firered game, or am I missing something?

'Cause of the tile changes (that's what happens when you start putting new tiles without being too careful), with the new releases the cities will start looking better, as I will be fixing them.

I'm not that good spriter to sprite new items, if anyone who considers himself/herself good at spriting items, drop me a PM.
I also remember there was a list of items at the old thread, maybe? Well, the problem is that I don't want to use the stuff Platinum made for their game (unless permission could be gotten), or the stuff from serebiinet, 'cause I don't know how to do it (getting permission, or something like that, I'm kinda confused at what I'm writing at this moment, sorry)

About Pokemon reposes, that's something Marnic knows (he told me last time he made a few Pokes, though I don't remember which right now), so expect a few more for B5.

Back