• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirolu

Expert Trainer
Years
1. Not sure if there is a program for that... but I could be wrong.

2. Huh... no other way to do it, as with your first question. There are no programs for this atm.

Final note, BOTH of these require HEX editing, you are moving bytes of memory around to get your desired effect. The programs you would use to do this just do all the byte relocation and calculations for you :)
I still have no idea what Hex Editing is...
There IS a Pokedex Editor, called Dexter i think, but, it doesn't work...

Note: I know how to change Flying Positions, but how to change World Map Picture?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I still have no idea what Hex Editing is...
There IS a Pokedex Editor, called Dexter i think, but, it doesn't work...

Note: I know how to change Flying Positions, but how to change World Map Picture?

Hex editing is the manipulation of data bytes within a file/document and so forth. By adjusting the values you can manipulate commands that your computer uses to preform a certain task.

If it does not work then saying that the program edits the pokedex is a farse :P only working programs count.

You need to use unLZ to extract the maps tilemap, open it up in a tile map editor, I use cyclone. From there you can re-arange the map. You can import your new map image into unLZ then extract it in tile map form and then edit it with cyclone.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Hi there I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question but I have one 'bout IconED.
Could anyone tell me how to change icons there? I mean if I have to draw them or is there any other way

You have to draw them or find someone who has drawn them and have them export it for you so you can import it.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
I have another question.

I recently got the shiny hack maker from here. I think it was on page 3 of the toolbox subsection. anyway, it says patched and I can't click patch again. Thats not the problem. The problem is that for some reason none of the pokemon are shiny. So what does it do? do I need to do anything extra?

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
Years
Where can I find a tool to edit the introduction scenes with Oak? I've been looking for a while.
Thanks

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi there I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question but I have one 'bout IconED.
Could anyone tell me how to change icons there? I mean if I have to draw them or is there any other way

IconEd...?
I have a tutorial once about that but I am not sure if it's useful... :\

P_K

Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2011
In a hex editor, I'm trying to repoint the type strengths and weaknesses in Ruby version to some free space because there isn't enough room for me to add the types I want to add. I read a bunch of tutorials, including something about reversing the bit numbers (Such as 1A3B0A to 0A3B1A), but the problem is... I don't know what I'm supposed to even click on! Can someone tell me a specific list of what I have to do? Preferably as specific as possible... I'm just the kinda guy who can't add 2+2, but I can do, say (81/3)*(X/420) = 82 in my head (Metaphorically, I mean, who CAN'T add 2+2?). In other words, I think outside of the box too often.

(I can do the actual type editing on my own, so... I don't really need help there.)

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I have a problem,when I put a gym leader it has a normal trainer music,what to do to give him a gym leader music?,I've got the same problem with a legendry pokemon that got a music of a normal pokemon. I also don't know what to put in setflag in order to make zapdos dissaper...
please help I'm asking this several times,but nobody answers....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Trainer - Use A-Trainer check one gym leader and remember the music number he has for example I'll be using Blaine in FR
Here's a screen -
20090516103204.gif

see? Music has number 0 :) So that means Gym Leader's music is 0 here :)
Pokemon legendary music - You have to script it I think music is "sound 0x4B" but I'm not sure

Larsie13

Trainer - Use A-Trainer check one gym leader and remember the music number he has for example I'll be using Blaine in FR
Here's a screen -
Spoiler:

Pokemon legendary music - You have to script it I think music is "sound 0x4B" but I'm not sure
Well, that's where you're wrong. There's currently no way of changing the in-battle music with any tool. The Music in A-Trainer is the music it plays when the trainer challenges you. I've figured out how to change the in-battle music in Emerald, and given that information to HackMew, but I think he's not going to implement it into A-Trainer until the method to to this on R/S/FR/LG is known as well. Also, those data are stored for each trainer class, not for every individual trainer, and they're nowhere near the actual trainer data.
As for the Wild Battle music, it's the same way, I think. It's stored somewhere in the ROM, but I think it's not stored for EVERY Pokémon, just for the ones that have a special music.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Well, that's where you're wrong. There's currently no way of changing the in-battle music with any tool. The Music in A-Trainer is the music it plays when the trainer challenges you. I've figured out how to change the in-battle music in Emerald, and given that information to HackMew, but I think he's not going to implement it into A-Trainer until the method to to this on R/S/FR/LG is known as well. Also, those data are stored for each trainer class, not for every individual trainer, and they're nowhere near the actual trainer data.
As for the Wild Battle music, it's the same way, I think. It's stored somewhere in the ROM, but I think it's not stored for EVERY Pokémon, just for the ones that have a special music.
OK but what to put in set flag to make zapdos dissaper -___-

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I have a problem,when I put a gym leader it has a normal trainer music,what to do to give him a gym leader music?,I've got the same problem with a legendry pokemon that got a music of a normal pokemon. I also don't know what to put in setflag in order to make zapdos dissaper...
please help I'm asking this several times,but nobody answers....

Change Zapdos' ID to the number of the flag. The gym leader class has it's own music. MM_X's ASM music hack will let you "replace" which music is played during an event with a different one.

Here's a screen -
20090516103204.gif

Like Larsie13 said, that changes the encounter music

the ASM music hack will let you "replace" which music is played during an event with a different one.

Why when I insert the D/P sprite of Eevee, it turned like this:

I believe you may have ruined the palette, Consult Destinedjagold as he has inserted DP Pokemon into a Pokemon gba ROM

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
Years
I tried EVERY SINGLE TUTORIAL, but they don't work. I'm trying to put in the world map but it never works. I can't get past the part where you put in the hex and stuff, I guess I'll never make a hack.:'(

Here's my world map:
mapbase.png

Kalsard

Years
I'm trying to make the guys in another room disappear after I've beaten this trainer in a different room.
I'm not really sure how to, help appreciated =)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Umm, I need help about 2 things, but 1 I need to know right away.

How do you change the National Pokedex's order? I guess it may involve Hex Editing, and I would like to know how, or even if it is possible.

Kalsard

Years
I gave the main char a bike, but Prof Oak stops it from riding on these maps i made. Ive searched forums but, bike has too many threads.

Help please?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back