• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
90, Aspertia was the first step towards that, with a gym omg! We just need a team plasma attack there and yay! Btw, I am remaking the opening post, as this one is ugly and needs better instructions!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

The starting town is relevant for the plot since it's the town, where everything starts :P

No starting town, no plot, but I know, what you mean ^^

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
89, true, but also gyms etcetera. And ho-oh for instance. In heartgold anyway.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

That's why I said, that I know what you mean :P

I've recently discovered a brawling game called Type Wild. Looked pretty fun. You can choose one of nine different Pokemon you can fight with. Anyone who knows this game or did even play it?

Kieran_90

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
88, I never heard of it. So, who is getting a 3ds just for x/y?

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years

I did, but that was only cause I came into a lot of money one day and I was debating going buying black2/white2 and then just said "a 3DS would be best really...." and got it. I gotta admit, the 3D is pretty cool but I rarely use it - it's pretty annoying having to hold the console at the same angle the entire time.

That annoys me too, but Game Freak did that to encourage trading with other people.

Or to encourage buying both games if you're pokefriendless like me..... {XD}

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

I won't buy one, because I already have one, since it was released. If I buy one of the new versions, that's another story.

CliCliW

Years

Another related question - how many people are likely to get the XL model of their system (eg, DSi XL or 3DS XL) if they already have the previous system?

CliCliW

Years

The 3DS is better when you have 3D games to play on it. I just can't suffer playing White on the 3DS - the fuzzy graphics are just terrible :/ Other than that, it's fine though :) Personally, I've never bothered with the XL versions - I just see it as a waste and a money grabbing thing :/

Years

I'm confident that by the time I actually need the 3DS or variations of it, I'll be able to buy it without trouble.
On the other hand, I can't imagine buying the thing for reasons other than playing X/Y/GatesToInfinity/RumbleBlast/Possible6thGenDungeonGame/Possible6thGenRangerGame/Possible5thGenRangerGame/Possible3rdGenRemakes unless Nintendo makes a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 3DS game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
unless Nintendo makes a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 3DS game.
This game wouldn't be nearly as awesome as the series is. xD
Maybe, if Nintendo allows third party games for its consoles...

Well, I didn't buy my 3DS for Pokemon games, that's for sure. If I buy a console the amount of money I spend buying it in the end should never exceed the amount of money I spend buying games for this console and I don't think that the 3DS will get so many Pokemon games (that I care about) to make the price even.

Right now it's only Gates to Infinity and maybe X or Y in the future.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I can't decide yet between X and Y. I'll wait for the list of exclusives before I decide.

Back