• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
When Misty first left I was kind of angry. She was my favorite character of the original three. Now though I think it was for the best. Had she stayed in the later regions her growth would've been stunted, and she may have become as dull as the rest, and I possibly would've gotten sick of her. So if anything, her leaving was a blessing. I hope she does continue to make periodic appearances in the future, and each time hopefully there's something new to her character. When Ash's time does come to an end, I hope we see him return to Kanto and reunite with Misty & Brock for good.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Well , we will be seeing some Ash X Serena Shipper pretty soon !
Unless off course , Serena's older then Ash .
If I was in charge of Anime , I would use it to get more Audience & rating Since a huge part Pokemon Fandom are shipper .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Eeeeeh I'll have to see that whole group in action before I map out the shipping scene. I think if Serena is a rival, she'll be shipped more with Ash than if she's a companion. I can see Ash/Clemont becoming fairly popular. Not much prospect for Bonnie because she's pretty young but I could totally nevermet her with Max. FourthWheelShipping or something ehehehe.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Eeeeeh I'll have to see that whole group in action before I map out the shipping scene. I think if Serena is a rival, she'll be shipped more with Ash than if she's a companion. I can see Ash/Clemont becoming fairly popular. Not much prospect for Bonnie because she's pretty young but I could totally nevermet her with Max. FourthWheelShipping or something ehehehe.

I think Ash will get shipped with a female rival more then companion .
If -

-She act like a Jerk toward Ash like all Main rival !

-She's a regular referring character like a Main rival .

-Her rivalry toward Ash is more fierce then her friendship.

Like May & Drew .
Off Course , For once I like to see Ash playing Drew's role as a Sarcastic Mentor rival who usually piss his female rival off on purpose .

Ash is so nice & obedient in DP & BW that it make me wanna puke.
I like to Ash as a Normal Mischievous Boy , Not as some Good Boy .
I miss the time when Ash use to tease Misty and Play prank on her

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ash is so nice & obedient in DP & BW that it make me wanna puke.
I like to Ash as a Normal Mischievous Boy , Not as some Good Boy .
I miss the time when Ash use to tease Misty and Play prank on her
He will always be like that. Being bad doesn't give good example to young kids.

I can see Ash/Clemont becoming fairly popular.
Plz no shounen-ai pairing :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

He will always be like that. Being bad doesn't give good example to young kids.

The very foundation of Doreamon is being Bad .
Nobita get builed by his 2 friend and he tries to get revenge on them by using Doreamon gadget! Sometime he tries get rid of Daisuke out of Jealousy.
Young Kids & their Parents doesn't have problem with them.
So what is the problem of Ash being Mischievous like an actual 10 year old Boy!!! Atleast this way His character will seem more realistic and he doesn't need to be incompetent in order to be funny !

Remember , Ash was Mischievous in Original Kanto series . He liked to play frank with other or Tease Misty.
So , I like to see Ash to be Mischievous like an 10 year old boy and piss Serena off on purpose !

Atleast , That will create better group dynamic and shipping .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Plz no shounen-ai pairing :D
Why not, personal bias? CaféMocha was the predominant BW ship in Japan; no reason why Diode couldn't follow that. I'm predicting Ash/Serena edging it out though. And surely Ash/Serena will beat Negai because Negai following was abysmal for an Ash/Main Girl ship.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Why not, personal bias? CaféMocha was the predominant BW ship in Japan; no reason why Diode couldn't follow that. I'm predicting Ash/Serena edging it out though. And surely Ash/Serena will beat Negai because Negai following was abysmal for an Ash/Main Girl ship.

If Ash & Serena's relationship is like Natsu X Lucy (Fairy tail) , Ritsu X Mio (K-on) or Konata X Kagami ( Lucky Star) Then It will suppress all Pokemon Shipping even if Ash & Serena doesn't become an actual Couple !

I can't really explain ! All I can say that Ash will be the Funny-Man while she will be the Straight-Man with complete opposite personality.
Ash will always annoy her on purpose and get her mad at him.

Years
I really like PokeShipping, it always seemed they were meant to be together :) but I'm tolerant of most other Satoshi ships like Negai or CafeMocha. Except for most self ships, because do we REALLY NEED Satoshi x 2? (Talk about a nightmare lol) I also really like ElderShipping 'cause, come on, there ain't anyway it isn't happening XD

But a Ship I'm almost positive I'm alone on is KingdomHearts, which to me is NeverMet gone insane XD I do it partly because of the WTF factor when people find out what it is, and the other part is the lol factor. Like, really? We passed the creepy marker a loooooooooong time ago haha. And everyone needs some crack pairings in their lives :)

But, on the subject of to-be-named ships, what ship names do you guys think that the X&Y games should have?

MTG

Burning shooting star!
Years
My OTP ship is Ignitionshipping, aka Volkner x Mr. Elite Four (Flint). i'm sorry, i love that Volkner called his good friend Mr. Elite four for some reason from the Episode Flint sparks the Fire. However, that isn't the only reason, the main reason is when they were rivals and then good friends around 13. But of course, when Flint turned 20 and left for the title, Volkner felt alone without him. To me, i felt bad for him thinking of losing his bro, but of course, he didn't. :(

So far, i'm doing a crossover AU of these two for fun right now and going to edit it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ignition is such a great ship. (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ I can't wait to actually watch their episodes sequentially because sdfgh bbys

XY Ships... people are already working on those lmao. Diode! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ And Max/Bonnie is either LittleSibling or FourthWheel. Ash/Serena is probably named but not yet updated... idk I don't name ships lol.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
According to Pokemon Smash, it was apparently stated that Ash already knows Serena, and has met her else-ware before. Make of that what you will. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Already knows Serena...? Weird. Is she a childhood friend, or someone he meets off-screen, or someone he meets earlier in Kalos and then joins him as a companion later?

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Already knows Serena...? Weird. Is she a childhood friend, or someone he meets off-screen, or someone he meets earlier in Kalos and then joins him as a companion later?

Shōko Nakagawa on Smash mentioned he had met her already in the past, and the other cast members on the show asked "where?", but he didn't give an answer. Apparently she's a rookie trainer too, but that was kinda to be expected.

This has potential. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
WELL THIS IS RLLY WEIRD. I want childhood friends (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ And I wonder what effect previously knowing each other will have on their relationship?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
According to Pokemon Smash, it was apparently stated that Ash already knows Serena, and has met her else-ware before. Make of that what you will. :P

May be, She was Ash's first crush !!!
Which Ash didn't understand himself due to being too young???
He called that feeling ''unusual Heartbeat'' .
After all , The Player character (Calem/Serena) moved to kalo region .
So May be Serena used to live in Pallet Town before moving to Kalo region with her Parent .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Is Canon X OC Shipping allowed?
I mean... you can talk about it if you want but I doubt anyone else will be interested.
ehh, you mean in DP or something else? the only episodes i know are in DP. <__<;
DP of course. I've only seen one ep with Flint I think. In the process of watching all of DP~
May be, She was Ash's first crush !!!
Which Ash didn't understand himself due to being too young???
He called that feeling ''unusual Heartbeat'' .
After all , The Player character (Calem/Serena) moved to kalo region .
So May be Serena used to live in Pallet Town before moving to Kalo region with her Parent .
idk about that... shipping it that way would be fine but I really doubt it would be explicitly stated or even implied. I didn't know the protag recently moved to Kalos though- that does support a potential childhood friendship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back