• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)

what don't people understand...its a remake!
he made it like it was in G/S/C
So its not his fault...

NOw, he's going to make another elite four, part of his ideas.

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2011
What you don't understand is... those moves are annoying!

Bruno uses Detect rarely on GSC, but in the remake, he abuses it. DUH

Years
What you don't understand is... those moves are annoying!

Bruno uses Detect rarely on GSC, but in the remake, he abuses it. DUH

Yeah, and lets make pokeballs never miss, because thats annoying too. [/sarcasm]

Zel said in his last post that he gives pokemon at least one support move. They are decent moves, the pokemon have them, so why not let them use the moves?

Streamlining takes most of the fun out of a game.

dude120

Rom hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2009
Zel, I want to point out that if you're going to make a second wave for the Elite Four, don't give any of the Elite Four's Pokemon "Protect" and "Detect" because abusing it all the time can get irritating. No offense, but none of the Elite Fours from FrLg have a Pokemon with those moves, besides Prima's Cloyster for the first time only. ;)

I think that adding detect and protect would be a good idea. It is a challenge and since these pokemon are high-level, it make it that much harder/more fun to play(in my opinion of course).

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
those moves are putting the battle more of a challenge. If you are annoyed by those, then I guess don't post about the matter at all. besides, one against a million will be impossible to win.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have a suggestion, zel..
what really bugged my in G/S/C was that you have to wait until you get all the way to cerulean to get a leaf/water/fire/thunder stone.
It would lower irritation levels quite a bit if there were some alternate access to the stones sometime before the E4.

Actually in Dragon's Den you can get one of the stones even before getting the 8th badge by beating the three trainers there.

Where can i find the site with beta 5 on it i searched a bit already but can only find version 4

Uhhh... try the first post of this thread?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
it's been a while since i've been on this thread :D I see your hard at work as usual, hope to see some cool new features in the new beta, i loved the sprites you inserted into this in beta 5, they game a great new feel to the game, keep it up my friend :D

Years
This is a great hack. I must say that I'm incredibly impressed at the amount of effort you've put into this. Aside from 1 or two small glitches (mostly just text), the game seems to be a great remake. I didnt like FRLG too much, but I must say, if this were an official game, I would buy it. I cant wait for more GSC music as for the simple fact that FRLG's music drove me up a wall. Keep up the good work.

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
Actually in Dragon's Den you can get one of the stones even before getting the 8th badge by beating the three trainers there.

ohh, really?
how? does the last trainer you beat just give it to you?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Well i haven't played it yet because i hacked all my firered roms(Just mapping) but it looks great and those flowers with the white and red are from d/p in case you haven't noticed.

And why do people whine about every little problem in the game?
Instead of telling zel about it why dont you just deal with it?
If you don't like the problems then just ignore it!
Its not that hard.
Anyways sorry for double posting zel but these guys won't get it through there thick skulls.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
To Ajg.dude, there are 3 dragon tamers. Depending on what order you battle them you get a certain stone (i think Water, Fire and thunder/leaf stone). You get the stone from the last one you battle.

Hope I helped :bandit: :) ;)

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2008
I must be doing something wrong because I can't get the game to work. The screen just flashes red to black to white and back to red. I applied the patch to what I assume was a clean rom (I can't really tell) and followed the directions posted. Can someone help please? I am also using a mac which I'm guessing is probably the issue.

Team Rocket Valen

Team Rocket fan
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2008
Wowie. I can't wait to try it out. XD

And.. Maybe a suggestion..

Perhaps if you ever get spare time, you could add an option to be part of Tearm Rocket? I know in some of teh games they ask you and if you say yes, they say you're lying.. That's what really gets me.

What if we want to be in Team Rocket? It could be an optional thing, and if you click yes you'll be an automatic Leader (as pertaining to what is said in Leaf Green/Fire Red, that with that fighting you'd be a top leader).

For all the conflicts with Team Rocket, lets say you rub them the wrong way with becoming a leader as soon as you joined.

Of course, at the end, it could be that you quit team rocket.

... :P And if you don't take this suggestion, I'll attempt to make a Team Rocket-themed hack. XD

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Wowie. I can't wait to try it out. XD

And.. Maybe a suggestion..

Perhaps if you ever get spare time, you could add an option to be part of Tearm Rocket? I know in some of teh games they ask you and if you say yes, they say you're lying.. That's what really gets me.

What if we want to be in Team Rocket? It could be an optional thing, and if you click yes you'll be an automatic Leader (as pertaining to what is said in Leaf Green/Fire Red, that with that fighting you'd be a top leader).

For all the conflicts with Team Rocket, lets say you rub them the wrong way with becoming a leader as soon as you joined.

Of course, at the end, it could be that you quit team rocket.

... :P And if you don't take this suggestion, I'll attempt to make a Team Rocket-themed hack. XD

There is already a hack like that called Pokemon Rocket's Revenge. And zel would never do that in this game as it is supposed to be a Gold Remake. However zel may do something like that in kis next hack which i am not expecting to see until like October.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
The attack sets are just fine, I don't see any problem... even in G/S/C if u used fly on hitmontop he'd detect next turn to stop it (smart AI imo :p)

I can't wait for b6 and i can't wait to figure out damn celebi :p

but my first poke hit level 100! say congratz to my beast of beasts salamence :o

(yes he was very hard trained :p) you got no idea how hard it is to get a salamence fast xD
i beat e4 atleast 104 times xp
all in good fun

gl with next release!

every 1 stop *****in ;p

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2009
errr I am having a problem with beta 5.. I patched it onto a completely clean fire red rom, but when I am in the game, whenever I press the start button, it crashes. And I can't really play a pokemon game without the start button..

Years
errr I am having a problem with beta 5.. I patched it onto a completely clean fire red rom, but when I am in the game, whenever I press the start button, it crashes. And I can't really play a pokemon game without the start button..

Finally, someone that read HS's patching guide!
Do you get this issue on any other games? if not, then find another rom.

Back