• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
I think I stopped when Pokemon was moved to cable. I'm just not willing to pay for channels I don't watch and if they ever come up with a'la carte channel packages, then I just may paid for TV.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I was stopping watching Pokemon Anime months ago when my watching schedule was interrupted, but now I watch it again because of Episode N hype.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
It was during the Johto Saga that I kind of got behind on watching the anime, and I just stopped for awhile. There's still a big chunk of episodes during those seasons in Johto that I haven't seen yet. Then again, I don't think I missed much given all of the fillllleeeeerrrrrr Johto had. It was only two or three years ago when I finally watched all of the Silver Conference episodes that I hadn't seen already.

When the Hoenn Saga was about to begin, that's when I got back into watching the anime again and followed it pretty closely for awhile. There was a time in the middle that I got behind, but it wasn't as bad as with Johto.

Ever since Sinnoh, I've been following the show consistently. There were a few episodes in Best Wishes that I missed and haven't caught up on yet, but I can't be bothered. As I will continue to watch the anime, I have to say the Black and White season has been kind of disappointing to say the least.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I'll be the odd man out here. I actually lost interest in the anime more or less after the sixth episode of the original series. After that when I got my first Pokémon game (Blue), I tried to watch it again only because I was curious how the gyms from the game would be represented in the anime. And somewhere during the Orange Islands arc, I lost interest again, this time for good.

I think I never really got into it. Then again, I'm not a big anime fan in general.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I stopped watching when Ash went to the Hoenn region. It just stopped being charming at that point.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I stopped watching the anime years ago, I think it was because we got rid of the channel or they stopped putting it on TV or something like that.
Just looking at the pictures of Ash in the newest series though, it's scared me off!

I've started watching the pokemon episodes again though recently, right from series 1!

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
yeah...once. i banned myself from watching it 'cause i was FURIOUS that i missed Keldeo vs. The Sacred Swordsman. when i finally got to watch it ONLINE, though, i was back to watching episodes! though now i need to catch up on what i missed.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
At one or two points, yes, I have considered to stop watching the anime. It was mainly because of Ash, actually. Now, I have realized that I've missed the anime a lot and how it got me into Pokemon. I only watched until the end of the Sinnoh saga, and only watched the BW episodes with Dawn in it, since Iris was pretty lame and I just didn't like it. :I I might consider watching more of BW, though.

Gzomyndzor

Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder
Years
I did watch a lot of it when I was younger, but since I wasn't that dedicated I missed a lot of episodes and jumped around the series a bit. I really did enjoy it, however I guess I grew out of it; it started getting stale and I preferred to play the games than watch the anime. I only like the really old 'classic' series, but I did watch most of the movies (stopped at the Gen 4 movies). I won't ever get back into it, but I may watch the old series just for nostalgia sakes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2013
I stopped watching around the beginning of the "Advanced" seasons. I guess I just reached the age where I was too busy to keep watching it. That or I never remembered when it came on a the time either. The show also felt like it was just repeating itself over and over again so these days its like "You seen one episode, you pretty much seen them all". I hear the black and white seasons gotten better, but I haven't caught an episode of that yet.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I've stopped watching when the seasons with gen III has started. Then I started watching again in Diamond and Pearl.

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Yeah, I'm not watching it right now...
I watch the episodes in Japanese sometimes, but not the whole thing.
Like, last thursday, I watched The first episode N episode.

I only watch if something cool, important happens.
And I really only watch the dub if it's a new movie, or the episode has a new opening.

So in conclusion, I only watch it if I really want to.
I usually only watch if there's a new opening/ending.
I don't know why...

This is the reason I watched it last time:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I stopped watching maybe halfway through Hoenn and completely missed the last few gyms, League, and Frontier. No clue what happened there but I think it involved a Sceptile. Then I completely missed out on Sinnoh while it was airing until just before the League battles when I was on Serebii and I happened to look at Ash's team and go "Oh hey this looks pretty sweet" so I watched a condensed version (captures, gym battles, evolutions, character introductions only, pretty much) and caught up in time for Ash vs Paul and it restored my faith in the anime.

Then I showed how restored my faith was by putting off the newest journey over and over until I just decided to give up and not watch it.

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
I stopped watching the anime, because Ash is as dumb as a bag of door knobs, I would actually love to see him 4 or 5 years older. I mean, I know it's a kids show but a lot of us grew watching it and it just make me lose interest with the same cyclic Team Rocket tries to take pikachu again and again. I think the majority of people actually playing the games or watching the anime are 14+. A little more "mature" content would be great, just like in the manga at least to throw a hint that the characters actually have a gender and not all of them are happy friend-zoned forever.

That's just how I see it

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
The only thing bad about pokemon is that the writers are too lazy cause they know they will make their money regardless they could of let ash win years ago but they have to milk it while its still hot that's why I know pokemon is never going to have a final episode these guys are going To run it into the ground with repetitive-ness and were going to wake up 1 day to find out pokemon was cancelled due to lack of ratings

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 16, 2018
Pretty much ended my anime marathon after Johto.

Thereaperofdeath19

The Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
lets see i stooped watching pokemon when i was 10 and got into other anime like DBZ Bleach etc until i saw pokemon in jb-hi-fi and thought why not might as well get back into it again that was last year and now watching the hoenn one soon it will not have the old voice actors

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I stopped watching when the voice actors changed and the show moved to Cartoon Network. I didn't like the new voice actors at all, and I didn't have cable, so I didn't have any way of watching new episodes when they aired anyway. My interest started to dwindle a couple of seasons before that, though. I never liked the Hoenn series characters much, and I also disliked how Ash essentially dumped all of his Pokemon (sans Pikachu) and "rebooted" at the start of the Advanced series. As a result, though I watched the Hoenn episodes until they went off the air, I wasn't as upset by Pokemon's switch to cable (and therefore, off of my TV) as I expected to be.

Back