• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
Playing this on a gpSP, and map in the distortion world seems to have some errors on the left hand side (some tiles are missing). Also when choosing whether I am a boy or girl, the houses in the background turns black though these bugs are probably cause of the emulators.

Nice work so far though.

leews24

ha
Years
I dont really know portugese, so I'll just tell you whats in english

new game start,
portugese....
"But people often call me PROFESSOR"
portugese again...
''In this world, there are creatures called Pokemon"
up to
"You're..."
and portugese, asking me if I'm a boy or a girl

and then after asking my name again to make sure,
and there's "Sim, Ok!"
and somethin in portugese about neighbors(?)
and english again

hope this helps

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
leews24, I really have no explanation for that at all. The text is simply NOT in the rom. All I can suggest is to delete the .sa1 or .sav file (assuming you're using VBA) and start over. Maybe you played a previous version? Or something? I have no idea, but it should be literally impossible for you to see that text as it hasn't existed in my rom in three weeks... First thing I changed.

EDIT: Maybe try a different Ruby rom...?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Silent Storm: Thanks for the input. With one or two exceptions where it actually affected gameplay, I haven't altered the maps at all, so any tile errors that were in the portuguese version will still be present. And yeah, I'm guessing the fadeout just has to do with how Wesley changed the intro. It's nothing serious. 99% of what I've edited is just text, and .9% of the rest are scripts and flags. :P

Years
Okay, then- I know that everyone's excited about the English release of Light Platinum, but I think I'll leave this here as a reminder to people to please keep their posts wholesome and on-topic. As in, no posts that are just a sentence or two long saying "Oh, sweet, it's finally here. Thanks dude, good work!". That's generic, and spammy, and.. Frankly, I think everyone would agree that this thread has had more than its fair share of spam.
So, to sum up:
Please keep your posts on-topic, and avoid making short generic posts. Thank you.

Is disturbed by the amount of guests viewing this thread that will inevitably join

I'd like to say though, myself, that I too am glad that an English version has been made available. I'm eager to see how it will affect my playthrough, when I'm able to actually understand what's going on :) Congratulations on getting it done in such a relatively short time, Snakebyte! Perhaps you should consider adding screenshots of the English text in-game; I think I've yet to see that, even for the previous translation.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Thanks! I might edit in some screenshots later, but for now I'm done messing with it. XD

And to keep this post non-generic, I've talked to Wesley, and he'll be adding the english version to the front page when he gets a chance. For now, there's a link in my signature. I hope no one posts asking where the download is. ;)

Years
Um my vba is set up correctly, and when i opened up the game, there was Portuguese in the intro and a glitched intro. after I set the clock I go down leave my house and it says rainbow something I forgot exactly what i said and it was all glitched up

I did use a ruby 1.0 rom

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Um my vba is set up correctly, and when i opened up the game, there was Portuguese in the intro and a glitched intro. after I set the clock I go down leave my house and it says rainbow something I forgot exactly what i said and it was all glitched up

I did use a ruby 1.1 rom
You have to use a 1.0 rom..

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Delete your .sa1 or .sav file and try again. If that doesn't work, try a new rom. Other people have had it work fine, and I've tested the .ips and it works for me. I mean no offense by saying this, but the problem's on your end.

EDIT: Tcoppy, you are the best ninja. You don't even know. XD

Years
This is an alright hack, nowhere near as good as it's fanbase makes it out to be, but it's fun.

I've only played up to the first gym, and noticed some bugs/oddities:
Magic.png
Trick.png

The youngster materialises upon entry to the map--move him to the left a couple of tiles.
Tile.png

I'm not entirely sure if it's fixable, but yeah, this glitches up.
Safari1.png
Safari.png

I've found this a lot in this hack--scripts reused. For example:
Roseliaa.png
Roselia.png
Roseliaaa.png

While I'm on the subject, the "HOUSE" signposts are utterly useless. It's better off without a script.
Pointless1.png
Pointless.png

Cousina.png
Cousin.png

Paste.png
Copy.png

Incidentally, the Marsh Zone has a border error:
SafariZone-1.png

The Pichu sign seems to have a) no purpose and b) a hole in it's head. Or is it one of those pose things? Because if so, you can actually...pose.
Pichu.png

This tile and the one below it are impassable.
Movement1.png

She looks pretty well-developed and...large for a lass.
Massive.png

Prof. Oak seems to magically pick up the Pokédexes from the other side of the table. Also, what's with the inclusion of like every protoganist from the Pokémon games excluding Brendan/May?
MagicalRetrieval.png

The Combee were quite annoying because they sometimes blocked the path.
Impassable.png

This is another example of the disappearing acts that happen (there's a youngster in the next route that magically appears upon entry).
Disappearingact.png

Other bugs that I don't have screenshots of:
- If you do the drowning Pichu event, but lose against Diamond, then another Pichu appears to be drowning. From this, you could in theory raise an army of inept Pichu swimmers. Yeah.
- If you decide to leave the Safari Zone early, you seem to disappear instead of walk through the doors.

There were some more but I can't remember.

Anyway, this hack is pretty good as I said. I think it's overhyped because of it's graphics (which are beautiful, there's no denying that), and I'm not so sure on the story so far... Also according to Snakebyte there is no explanation as to why your Dad taught you the Alpha language, what the Alpha language even is, etc. which is a bit of a disappointment and makes the reason a bit...lackluster, shall we say?

Anyway, congratulations on completing a hack, Wesley, it is pretty fun, and I'm most probably going to finish it sometime soon, by which time I can give a more in-depth review for more of the hack. :P

Last edited:
Back