• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X: Oh, Baby Baby

Which are your favourite Baby Pokémon?

• Total voters
Years
...how was I supposed to know
that something wasn't right here?

Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
This week's poll question was once again suggested by Charlie Brown, so go thank him if you like the poll! Also, if you'd like to see your own idea used (and pick up an exclusive emblem in the process), just post or... wait- does anyone even read this anymore? Probably not, but type 'this POTW rules' in your post if you do! Anyway, post or leave me a message with a future POTW idea of your own, and if yours gets picked for the next thread, you'll also be the brand-new owner of that spiffy emblem!

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Which are your favorite baby Pokémon?"

With all of the previous POTWs dating back to the last incarnation in PVP, it's surprising we haven't done one on baby Pokemon yet! Since there are plenty to choose from, pick as many in the poll as you'd like, and let us know why they're your favorite. But enough talk- let the voting begin!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I voted for Riolu because I think it's adorable =3. Also because Lucario is awesome.

...Yeah, that's about it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I picked Pichu because I've always been fond of the little guys, ever since I first saw them in the anime and got one in... Diamond I want to say? I think they're just adorable.
And I picked Chingling because I really like Chimecho for some reason, and Chingling is cool for evolving into it.

I've never understood the fascination with Riolu, it seems rather boring to me, riding on the popularity of Lucario like it does (which is super popular for whatever reason too).

Oh by the way, this POTW rules. ;)

Years
I voted for these ones: Pichu, Wynaut, Mantyke, Budew, Mime Jr., Smoochum, and also pretty much every Normal and Fairy-type in the bunch as well. I think that most of these cuties somehow appeal to me a lot, so it's natural I love most of them.

Years
Pichu, Togepi, and Munchlax. I remember when I first saw the pichu bros in the pikachu's vacation short cartoon before the movie and fell in love. Togepi is adorable, and munchlax is just really cool looking plus it's neat that he evolves into something so massive

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
This POTW rules!

I voted for Togepi, because I don't see how I can't vote for Togepi when we're talking about baby Pokémon. I mean, it's the baby Pokémon.

I also voted for Magby and Elekid, because I like those too. They're also about the only babies that learn decent moves.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Easy! Elekid, Magby, Chingling and Mime Jr.

The former two and Mime because they are better than their evos even. Chingling because it's hella cute, even though I never used it nor Chimecho. Mime Jr is a typically great pokémon for roleplaying because it can have a lot of personality coupled with a lot of great potential moves.

Years
I voted Azurill, Magby, Elekid, Budew and Togepi. But of all of them, Budew stands out to me as it's so adorable, and I like how it does that clapping animation when it's sent out in Platinum. Elekid and Magby have decent stats all-around, and the other two got that nice Fairy-type.

I also like how Azurill goes from happy in its Generation III sprite to okay in DPPt to sad and afraid in its sprite in B2W2 (and BW for that matter) to happy again in Generation VI. :P

Years
Two out of eight posters so far. Guess my hunch was right >_>

Anyway, I voted for Azurill, Riolu, and Munchlax in the poll. The former two were mostly because I like their final evolutions, but I guess they're alright in their baby form as well. As for Munchlax, it's really only a baby Pokemon by name, since it's a lot stronger than the rest of them, and is actually on par with some fully evolved Pokemon like Ledian and Beedrill. I also liked May's Munchlax in the anime, which helped cement it as my favorite of the 3 I voted for.

Years
I voted for Pichu, Togepi, and Riolu. On average, I'm not a fan of baby pokemon that were conceived AFTER their evolved forms. Like Munchlax, Happiny or Mime Jr. being added in gen 4. Pichu is the only exception I'll make. It seemed appropriate to add a stage to Pikachu--the face of Pokemon.

I consider Togepi the pioneer baby pokemon, so that definitely counts for something. And Riolu is noteworthy for evolving into Lucario--one of the most popular and exposed pokemon in the bunch. For me, the other baby pokemon are just...there. Not much to them. Added simply for the sake of giving us more baby pokemon.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I love them alllll but I voted for my absolute favourites: Igglybuff, Cleffa, Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Chingling, Bonsly and Mantyke. I would say "I voted for them because they're cute" but then pretty much all the baby Pokemon are soooo idk haha. I just find these ones just a bit more adorable than all the others ;) In some cases (Bonsly, Magby) I prefer the babies over their evolutions.

Sirfetch’d

I don't dislike any of them because babies are so cute aaa

I narrowed it down to one to make voting easier and went with Chingling. Chimecho is one of my favorite Pokemon ever and I just adore it's pre-evo <3 I used one in my first Sinnoh play through and loved it so damn much.

Years
My top 5 are Magby, Tyrogue, Cleffa, Azurill and Pichu. The first three I've used before because I really like their evos; Azurill is based solely on the fact that it's adorable haha and Pichu because I loved how you had to breed for one to get a Thunderstone in Silver from Bill's grandfather, I just really liked that part of the game having to find specific Pokémon for stones and everytime I think of Pichu it reminds me of that :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I picked two, because I have a favourite and a runner up.

1st.

Riolu

It's a cute little fighter, who is adorable to receive, train and love in Gen IV. Plus, out of all of the baby Pokémon, I've caught, bred and received Riolu the most, and I never get tired of it.

2nd.

Wynaut

Because, well...

You know what's coming...

Wynaut?! XDXD

Years
oh cuties
those tiny sprites are all so cute I want to pick all of them. ;.;

172.png
238.png

Pichu and Smoochum have to be at the top of my list, though. Pichu because I have an obvious electric bias and Smoochum because it's just waaay too cute. So much better than Jynx, too, never would want to evolve it. Elekid has always been pretty cool-looking as far as design goes too and has always seemed more elusive to me as a kid. Maybe it was due to the Pikachu short from the 2nd movie.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
my favorite babies are cleffa and igglybuff!!!

they're so small and cute omg I would literally roll around with them and giggle if possible

Back