• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
1. Does anyone know how to add/change compressed sprites in pokemon r/b/y (from .gif to hex code)?

2. Does anyone know where to find red/blue rom-map? I used to visit datacrystal but these days the site is having problems. can you tell me an alternative site?

EDIT:2nd question solved by myself, still need help with the first question...

Last edited:
Years
I'm having problems patching a ROM to play a hack. I followed the instructions that were given in the Before Playing a Hack thread. I download the ROM. Then I download the APS file. I rename the APS file to the same exact name as the ROM. Then I move that APS file into the same folder that the ROM is. But when I play it, it isn't changed. What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
Is there any limit to how big a single map can be?
Cause my large maps (70x70) seem to act weirdly.

Years
I'm having problems patching a ROM to play a hack. I followed the instructions that were given in the Before Playing a Hack thread. I download the ROM. Then I download the APS file. I rename the APS file to the same exact name as the ROM. Then I move that APS file into the same folder that the ROM is. But when I play it, it isn't changed. What am I doing wrong?

The method you're using- you're doing everything right, but this method doesn't support .APS format patches, only .IPS. You need to download "A-Ptch" from HackMew's Toolbox in the Toolbox Section, and once you've done that it's easy as pie.
Remember- the method you used only works for IPS. You weren't actually doing anything wrong, so.. That's good :)

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
1. I downloaded Pokemon Pure Gold and when I try to play it (after patched to ruby) all it shows is a white screen.
I've already downloaded a different ruby, patched it multiple times, and changed the save type.
Any suggestions?

2. What's Pokemon Perla, does it have a lot of bugs, where can I download it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Hi. I desperately need your help! I want to hack pokemon platinum and make a Focus Band item that works every time. I can do that in gen III games cause there exists an item editor... But i have searched a lot and i can't find anything resembling that for genIV games. Can someone guide me into Hex editing pokemon platinum for the purpose i describe above? Thanks in advance....

Years
I still don't understand. I'll put an example of what I'm trying to edit. It's the sign in Littleroot Town in Emerald saying it can't be shaded by any hue. I try to edit and go through everything and it doesn't save. I am new to hex editing, one of the reasons why I'm having a difficult time.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Hi. I desperately need your help! I want to hack pokemon platinum and make a Focus Band item that works every time. I can do that in gen III games cause there exists an item editor... But i have searched a lot and i can't find anything resembling that for genIV games. Can someone guide me into Hex editing pokemon platinum for the purpose i describe above? Thanks in advance....
Well your first issue is finding someone who has attempted to or suceeded in hacking that game, and since it is a DS game and it is alot bigger, it might be a while before anyone finds the items in the first place.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Well your first issue is finding someone who has attempted to or suceeded in hacking that game, and since it is a DS game and it is alot bigger, it might be a while before anyone finds the items in the first place.

Well i have found this page that provides some codes but i tried to search for them and i came up with nothing...

(The page is here in pokecommunity and titled "Basic Hex Editing in Pokemon Diamond ".

My theory is that if i find where the focus band is in the nds rom i can edit its value for succeeding (which is propably set to 10, since that's the chance percent of succeeding) into 100 or 255 (or something).....

If anyone has any knowledge on this please try and help. Otherwise i just have to wait for a PPRE version that lets you edit items......

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Alright guys, got a minor, yet irritating, problem.

Sometimes when I set the flag of an object (Which makes it permanently dissapear) it returns. Please can someone tell me if there are any different ways to permanently hide an object or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Some flag are temporary and automatically clear themselves what flag did you use?

still hasn't been answered.

Delete all the scripts and person events in the town that the problem occurs in (you can keep warps), I'm sorry but you'll have to re-script everything, happened to me once.

Is there any limit to how big a single map can be?
Cause my large maps (70x70) seem to act weirdly.

I'm not sure about how big they get, but definitely bigger than 70x70

Years
I still don't understand. I'll put an example of what I'm trying to edit. It's the sign in Littleroot Town in Emerald saying it can't be shaded by any hue. I try to edit and go through everything and it doesn't save. I am new to hex editing, one of the reasons why I'm having a difficult time.

I haven't got my question answered yet. Can someone help me on this?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
--1--
Does anyone know how to add/change compressed sprites in pokemon r/b/y (from .gif to hex code)?
Still hasn't been answered.

--2--
In pokemon blue what is a header and what is its function?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Don't the rules say wait until a new page of Simple Questions is there BEFORE re-posting questions? AND, sometimes there are no answers, or people don't know the answers, so patience is key in hacking due to this.

@SonicBlazePlatinum: Can't the sign be changed by Scripting? Surely, as it is a signpost, it can be easily changed like that. But, if you insist on Hex Editing, then are you sure you have got the right part of the ROM?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
How can I get the player to hop down the hop-down ledges commonly seen in most maps, in a new map? Can it be done in Advance Map, or does it require something else?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
How can I get the player to hop down the hop-down ledges commonly seen in most maps, in a new map? Can it be done in Advance Map, or does it require something else?

it can be done with Advance Map.
Look at the byte numbers of those ledges and put the same numbers on your new tile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back