• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Natural Harmonia Gropius

Pokemon HGSS Researcher
Years
  • Age 25
  • Kent
  • Seen Apr 8, 2018
An old lady in the top floor of the hotel in Ambrette tells you about how she comes from a place with springs outside the Pokemon center. Could she be the same old lady who gave you the egg? It was pretty cool, I must say.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Pokemon emerald is the remakes of Pokemon Sapphire and Pokemon Ruby IMO XD
But by that logic Crystal would be a remake of Gold and Silver and Platinum a remake of Diamond and Pearl, which I wouldn't say is true at all. Third versions are a refined vision of the originals. They're not remakes per say, but more like a completion of that generation's series.

There are a lot of hints that suggest that maybe GameFreak is working on a remake for Ruby and Sapphire this generation, but as we learned in Gen V, that doesn't always mean something. Still, I do feel a bit more hopeful this generation than last.

In terms of connectivity, it will still be relatively easy to move Pokémon from 4th Gen to 5th and then X and Y with the Bank and Transporter. However, it becomes increasingly more difficult and tedious when you go as far as migrating Pokémon from your old RSE copies. Plus, with more focus on the 3DS GBA games are a thing of the distant past (as they have been since the DS systems removed the old GBA slot years ago).

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I would love to see a Hoenn remake. There could be one coming soon, according to some underlying messages in XY.

Spoiler:

As you can see from the screenshots, there are many references to the Hoenn region and Ruby/Sapphire. First off is the hot springs reference. In Ruby/Sapphire in Laveridge Town, there are a set of hot springs by the Pokemon Center. An older lady is telling you this and the hot springs are a popular place for the elderly to relax. This is an indicator that she could be talking about the hot springs in Ruby/Sapphire. The next screen is my favorite. It is foreshadowing a future event that could be the remake or something else; no one knows. The next screenshot makes me believe that an announcement for the game will be on an anniversary, between 10 or 15 years from Ruby/Sapphire's original release. In Japan the games were released in 2002 and in other countries the games were released in 2003. This makes me think that if there is an announcement that it will be between the years 2013 and 2017. The next screenshot talk about the Oceanic Museum. The Oceanic Museum was an aquatic museum found in Slateport city in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. The next picture is of a little girl mentioning the new region. The last picture is of a hiker talking about a region, who know what region it could be!?

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
IMO Hoenn remake will never make it out of the surface... Too much effort for GF people.

Years
I seriously hope they do. I mean, loads of people really enjoyed the RSE games and some still regard them as their favorite games of the series. I think it would be nice if they were to release it after a while because were still getting into Gen 6 and I'm pretty sure we would much rather have an RSE remake than anything else being released next.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 1, 2013
If they were to reboot a previous generation, there'd have to be some new innovative feature added to the game, otherwise why use their time to beat a dead horse when they can reel in newer fans with new Pokemon?

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
First i want you to know, I'M NOT A HOENN FAN. BUT i think the games had a great map, the best map in my opinion. I mean the volcanoes, the jungles and the lava caves; BEAUTIFUL. And i would LOVE to see those great maps (and also pretty cool pokémon) in 3d. So i would love to see a remake, even if i'm not the biggest Hoenn fan. And by the way, the game story is so long (for me). And the game had the most challenging play-trough out of all the pokémon series (for me). So Hoenn, i hope you get a remake!

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Some people on TV Tropes expect Gen I to be released on the 3DS eShop with some sort of added connectivity to PokeTransporter. Maybe they could do this with Gen III instead, and perhaps put FR/LG on there too. Hey I know it's not likely, but it's cheaper to do than remakes and it would be interested.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 14, 2013
Just because there are many references to Hoenn in X/Y doesn't make me think that remakes are any more likely.. they could be merely a subtle 'shout out' to other regions, like the statues of Reshiram and Zekrom in the palace yard.

Though to be honest, I think that instead of mere remakes, a different storyline in Hoenn would be more interesting, and because it's a big region, certainly bigger than Kanto, Johto, Unova and Kalos and rivalling Sinnoh in size, the new Hoenn games could take a different path through the region and possibly with different gym leaders and different antagonist teams, and maybe even some new Pokémon... I know R/S/E were released so long ago that some don't even remember playing them, but the general information about them is still widely available and a mere remake would have to change some of that if I am going to rate it highly.

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
Just because there are many references to Hoenn in X/Y doesn't make me think that remakes are any more likely.. they could be merely a subtle 'shout out' to other regions, like the statues of Reshiram and Zekrom in the palace yard.

Though to be honest, I think that instead of mere remakes, a different storyline in Hoenn would be more interesting, and because it's a big region, certainly bigger than Kanto, Johto, Unova and Kalos and rivalling Sinnoh in size, the new Hoenn games could take a different path through the region and possibly with different gym leaders and different antagonist teams, and maybe even some new Pokémon... I know R/S/E were released so long ago that some don't even remember playing them, but the general information about them is still widely available and a mere remake would have to change some of that if I am going to rate it highly.

I agree with this, because like i said the maps are great. And with a new storyline ↑ it would be so nice!!

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Some people on TV Tropes expect Gen I to be released on the 3DS eShop with some sort of added connectivity to PokeTransporter. Maybe they could do this with Gen III instead, and perhaps put FR/LG on there too. Hey I know it's not likely, but it's cheaper to do than remakes and it would be interested.

This. If they take their already existing official GBA emulator, add link cable support via Wi-Fi and a launcher to simulate a dual-slot mode, they will already have a more powerful emulator for their future GBA on 3DS releases. The only things they'll need to develop specifically for Pokémon would be an app that reads and edits GBA saves for the PokéTransporter and a way to sync the games' internal clock with the 3DS's clock. I don't think it's much, considering that unofficial utilities and emulators that do all this on the PC (except for dual-slot mode AFAIK) already exist, so if random people online can do this, so can Nintendo. Granted, they'll have less sales, but at the same time, they'll have much, much less expenses, so I guess at the end it will even out, plus they'll have more time for other projects, so they'll gain even more.

I read some old arguments I had on the subject on other websites, and I thought of something. I know that some people I argued with like to search for patterns to justify their theories on the release of RSE remakes, and I've already proposed some of my own just as a way to say that they might as well not happen (like the "no prequels" rule they seem to follow ever since Gen 3) . I just thought of another pattern that seems to push the RSE remakes release date to... like in a decade or two, maybe...
  • When the original RSE were released, the old games could not connect to the newer ones, so they created RBY remakes with new locations as a way to get all the remaining Pokémon. The Pokédex became completable with all those games (plus either Colosseum and XD, or an event item to get Ho-Oh and Lugia) .
  • Later on, when Nintendo deemed RSE and RBY remakes themselves incompatible with the more recent games due to DSi and 3DS not having a GBA port, they created HG and SS with new content allowing people to catch some Pokémon from RSE, as well as Gen 1 and 3 legendaries, and added more Hoenn Pokémon to Platinum. Again, with time and effort, all Pokémon became catchable with the DS games alone, except for the Regi trio in Gen 4, unless you had a Regigigas distributed via event... seriously, Nintendo/GF, stop assuming everyone can go to events!
  • So far, all the DS installments work on the 3DS. Gen 4 to 5 transfer works thanks to Download Play still being supported, Gen 5 to 6 is 3DS-specific, so no trouble there. The Pokédex is completable with Gen 4, Gen 5 and Gen 6 games, so they don't need any auxilliary releases like remakes to help us with that. So, here is my prediction: the next set of remakes will happen when (but I'd rather say "if") Nintendo decides to completely remove the DS support from the 3DS, which is very, very unlikely.
Thoughts?

I wholeheartedly agree.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
An old lady in the top floor of the hotel in Ambrette tells you about how she comes from a place with springs outside the Pokemon center. Could she be the same old lady who gave you the egg? It was pretty cool, I must say.

What egg? What egg? I don't remember much of Sapphire

…or they could just do that to hold us fans over until the remakes come out, possibly as paid updates to the Virtual Console releases or something. If they do release R/S/E/FR/LG on the Nintendo eShop as Virtual Console games, though, I want to be able to import my FireRed save file and/or even be able to sync it with my cartridge copy via my original Nintendo DS with GBA slot and its Download Play feature.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder if all the Mega Evolutions of Hoenn Pokemon is suppose to be this generation's version of many Johto evolutions in Gen IV.

I feel more confident about remakes after playing XY than I did after playing B2W2.

Guest123_x1

I was actually expecting Hoenn remakes during Generation V. If they don't do them this generation, then they probably won't do them at all period-considering the criticism those games met back in the day.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
They should just make a game that allows the player to travel to ALL the different regions. They should have done that for X and Y. It was a missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Just have the player choose which one they want to start in and then get them to fight their way through the different regions' Pokémon Leagues. They'd probably have to work out the leveling of the Gym Leaders' and Elite Fours' Pokémon so that you wouldn't have to level up too fast, but they could probably take care of it. Or just have a bunch of gyms and Elite Fours with Lv. 100 Pokémon.

Anyway, it'd be epic if they could combine all the different regions into one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back