• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Awesome Team for Cool People

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Please help me tweak my doubles team by either suggesting moveset changes or whole new pokemon (but please only generation v pokemon):
Spr_5b_598.png

Ferrothorn @ Shell Bell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Defense, 252 Sp. Defense
Nature: Careful
- Sandstorm
- Toxic
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
Strategy: I usually lead with this alongside Excadrill and then use Sandstorm to activate Excadrill's ability. Then use Toxic on whatever seems hardest to take out or both pokemon and then use curse until Gyro Ball becomes usefull.
Spr_5b_530.png

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
Strategy: Pretty self explanatory... Swords Dance than whatever would do the most damage.
Spr_5b_534.png

Conkelldur @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP, 252 Attack, 136 Sp. Defense
Nature: Adamant
- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
Strategy: Bulk Up then Drain Punch to heal, then Mach Punch for more damage. Use payback when it doesn't matter if you move first.
Spr_5b_637.png

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
Strategy: Quiver Dance then most damaging attacks, preferably Fiery Dance for the possible Sp Attack boost. (My concern is should I replace Life Orb with Chesto Berry or Rest with Hurricane?)
Spr_5b_635.png

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
Strategy: Just send out for revenge kills mainly.
Spr_5b_553.png

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
Strategy: Just send out for revenge kills mainly.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Before I rate I would like to ask: why are you set on using Unova Pokemon only? I mean, unless there are some rules prohibiting it for whatever metagame you're playing, it's much more effective to run some other Pokemon (for example, use Tyranitar rather than have to run Sandstorm on Ferrothorn). :(

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Before I rate I would like to ask: why are you set on using Unova Pokemon only? I mean, unless there are some rules prohibiting it for whatever metagame you're playing, it's much more effective to run some other Pokemon (for example, use Tyranitar rather than have to run Sandstorm on Ferrothorn). :(
Well i was considering the tyranitar thing but i would just rather have an all gen v team...when im done with this team though i am going to work on a sandstorm team.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well i was considering the tyranitar thing but i would just rather have an all gen v team...when im done with this team though i am going to work on a sandstorm team.

Well, then, I'd have some difficulty rating it. A lot of my suggestions would be things that generally require you to branch out from these Pokemon and using older ones. For example, you should run Tyranitar over something because that Sandstorm on Ferrothorn really really hurts its effectiveness. I'd much rather have something like Leech Seed or Power Whip > Sandstorm/Toxic. Most of your sets look very standard aside from that particular example though so idk.

One thing you will have trouble with, though, is Trick Room Reuniclus. It can get a TR up easy on Ferrothorn and/or Conkeldurr (and perhaps things like Hydreigon locked into -2 or -4 DM) and then basically OHKO all of your team. The closest thing you have to beating it is Volcarona but that even goes down with any kind of hazard support (and you don't have any way to get rid of/prevent hazards anyway sooo). Just one big threat I'd like to point out.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Well, then, I'd have some difficulty rating it. A lot of my suggestions would be things that generally require you to branch out from these Pokemon and using older ones. For example, you should run Tyranitar over something because that Sandstorm on Ferrothorn really really hurts its effectiveness. I'd much rather have something like Leech Seed or Power Whip > Sandstorm/Toxic. Most of your sets look very standard aside from that particular example though so idk.

One thing you will have trouble with, though, is Trick Room Reuniclus. It can get a TR up easy on Ferrothorn and/or Conkeldurr (and perhaps things like Hydreigon locked into -2 or -4 DM) and then basically OHKO all of your team. The closest thing you have to beating it is Volcarona but that even goes down with any kind of hazard support (and you don't have any way to get rid of/prevent hazards anyway sooo). Just one big threat I'd like to point out.
Ok thanks. Also I might put rapid spin on the excadrill to clear entry hazards...and i dont know how to counter the tr hazard.

Back