• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
That will happen, but regardless. I'd be happy to help. Due to life issues SelenaStar is unable to continue pushing the field trip plot. That being said, we've been mostly just having our characters hang out, battle, and chat since last you posted TrainerGiza. C=

That being said, everyone is in the HoTa corp building, and if I'm correct every one of the player characters should be in the main area at the moment. That being said, your teacher would probably be somewhere in the crowd of people just hanging out and battling and talking and whatnot.

We will however be moving on in the near future, as we the GMs are going to start pushing the field trip plot so that Selena can focus more primarily on her characters instead of doing our job for us. xD

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
I guess I should update my team. :P

Spr_5b_627.png

Name: Rufflet
Lvl 25
Moves: Aerial Ace, Hone Claws, Wing Attack, Fury Attack, Peck, Work Up

Spr_5b_256_m.png

Name: Combusken
Lvl 21
Moves: Peck, Double Kick, Ember, Focus Energy, Sand Attack, Scratch

Spr_5b_239.png

Name: Elekid
Lvl 17
Moves: Quick Attack, Swift, Thunder Shock, Low Kick, Ice Punch, Brick Break

Rufflet gained 5 levels because he battled two pokemon and fainted on the second pokemon. He also gained the move aerial ace.

Combusken gained 4 levels because he battled two pokemon and got recalled on the second pokemon. Somehow it learned Sand Attack.

Elekid gained 2 levels because he battle one pokemon. He too somehow learned Swift.

I hope my calculations are correct. :P

Dawn

Years
Thanks, Gold19 c:

@DarkGoalie's IC OOC: As a rule of thumb, if your OOC comment warrants any sort of response from others (other than acknowledgement), it probably shouldn't be in the IC thread. (Because we shouldn't be having discussions there, as that tends to quickly become a pet peeve for some RPers.)

Regardless, Bassiroth's post was the first thing I responded to. ._. If you meant about him talking to Ralts, she ignored that. (She already picked up on the fact he could do that, and listening to a one sided conversation is something that tends to annoy humans, to explain why she would ignore that.)

Anyway, sorry for having to push you. It's just that in my experience, there's a large crowd of people that get really annoyed when there's a lot of OOC conversation going on alongside the IC, and I want to avoid that problem before it starts. I probably shouldn't explained that Valorie ignored the poke-human conversation instead of letting it be implied though. |D

DROPPED ROLEPLAYERS: Sayumi has been dropped for inactivity. StarshipAwsome has been dropped for inactivity.

Last edited:

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
@Gold19
What happened to her jacket? Dante thought to himself.
Valorie Ryder wasn't actually wearing a jacket, i mentioned she had one by accident because of a previous converstaion between me and PkMnTrainer Yellow where she mentioned that sudents had dorm jackets, but than told me via Visitor message that Valorie does not wear one.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
@Darkgoalie- I know that, I'm just playing on the fact that since my character, Dante, is a new student at the academy, he just doesn't know what happen before Dante got there.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Is it too late to sign up?
I've actually never done this sort of thing before and I wonder, does the role-play "go on" on special days or is it every day until its finished?

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
No, it's not to late to sign up. Just look at the first post in this thread to see what spots are open. Then just fill out the Sign Up sheet, post it here, and wait for the GMs to accept you or tell you what you need to fix. :D And it goes on everyday until we reach the end.

And now, for everyone's favorite thing in the whole world, I'm updating my team levels! :D

Thyme (Snivy): level 25, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth (Not presently on Brian's team)
Duster (Minccino): level 23, Sing, Tickle, Helping Hand, Double Slap, Swift, Thundershock
Drizzle (Buizel): level 24, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Aqua Jet, Swift
Nova (Growlithe): level 23, Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar, Odor Sleuth, Flame Wheel
Bouncy (Igglybuff): level 4, Sing, Charm, Faint Attack,
Frost (Sneasel): level 20, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack
Leena (Misdreavus): level 15, Psywave, Growl, Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray

Thyme went from level 23 to 25 because of her training with Snype (I already asked Megaman and that was what he told me). She didn't gain anymore moves.

Duster went from level 20 to 23 from her battle with Brogan's Buneary. They both knocked each other out, so she gains that extra level for fainting, making her total three. She learned the new move Sing. And she will abuse it in the future. :D

Drizzle went from level 18 to level 24 from knocking out Wartortle, battling Lapras until she was returned, and knocking out Bagon. Wow, he's been through a lot. XD Anyways, he replaced his Water Sport with Aqua Jet.

Frost went up from level 17 to level 20 for battling with and being knocked out by Brogan's Wartortle. He didn't learn any new moves, either.

The rest of Bri's team did nothing, so they get no levels. XD

Dawn

Years
The end is still a way's away as well, so you're far from too late to join. c: But yes, of course you can join! You should look on the first page of this OOC page here for the rules and the sign-up sheet for the roleplay. c:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Okay I'll try and see how this goes :)
I'll try to be as active as I can (I have school and homework, y'know those sorts of things.)

Spoiler:

I hope I can join, but I do have a lot of posts to read, hehe ^_^'''

In case you're wondering about the pokémon's movesets, all of them were bred and inherited their parent's moves. And they're not in too much control of the more advanced moves.

Last edited:

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Couple questions for this real quick.

First off, are the teachers set? Do I have to make a profile for that specific teacher? Or can I create a new one to take their place?

Second, and this is pretty much obvious to me, but I'd like to clarify...do you consider Rotom a legendary? He's not considered that in the game, or on Bulbapedia, or Smogon, so I assume you wouldn't...not to mention, his stats are far too low for even pseudo-legendary status. I always considered him to be on the same level as an Eevee, minus the breeding capability, seeing as you can only get one and he can take a specific form...but I figured I'd check anyways.

I'm writing up a couple profiles under the assumption that I can be original and have Rotom, one a teacher and the other a student - I was planning for the student to be Entei, but I might do Raiku instead.

Oh, and another thing - is the above poster's moveset strictly, eh...feasible? Seems almost insanely strong for their designated levels, something that only an advanced breeder would have the capability of teaching...

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Oh, and another thing - is the above poster's moveset strictly, eh...feasible? Seems almost insanely strong for their designated levels, something that only an advanced breeder would have the capability of teaching...

Yea well, they aren't in full control of the more advanced moves they got.
Should've mentioned that. I'll go edit it now.

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Not trying to hate or anything btw, just was curious. :) Got one application ready, I might write up the student later.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Mr. Mammoth, James in Flames. You're both accepted. c: I'll add you to the lists.

It's also worth noting that Egg moves are teachable as TMs in this roleplay, if that's what you meant by breeders, James. xD (All moves a pokemon can learn in the games can be taught by TMs here. Given, money.)

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Mr. Mammoth, James in Flames. You're both accepted. c: I'll add you to the lists.

It's also worth noting that Egg moves are teachable as TMs in this roleplay, if that's what you meant by breeders, James. xD (All moves a pokemon can learn in the games can be taught by TMs here. Given, money.)
Ah right on, that's pretty much what I meant yeah haha. Just thought they seemed a tad tough, but it's all good either way. ^^ Writing up a post for Nick now and finishing off my other character's profile, editing her picture took some time.

Dawn

Years
Aaaah, well, having that much offensive moves basically makes it easy for someone like MacKenzie to bring on the pain with defensive strategies. Balance is key, if one is trying to make the best moveset possible, imo.

Also, you should know that the school is on a field trip to Saffron City at the moment. I'm glad to see you re-read some of the recent posts, but I suppose I should've explained this when I accepted you two. xD That is to say, your teacher can and should be there. However, maybe not so much his office? I apologize for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Also, Valorie is totally scared of most ghost pokemon. |D Try having Nick show her his Cofagrigus sometime and watch how uncomfortable she gets. That, or have Cofagrigus sneak up on her for a hilarious freakout at her expense. (You've probably caught on, but she's more afraid of Cofagrigus than most. Something about it's diet being specifically humans. |D)

Last edited:

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
Aaaah, well, having that much offensive moves basically makes it easy for someone like MacKenzie to bring on the pain with defensive strategies. Balance is key, if one is trying to make the best moveset possible, imo.

Also, you should know that the school is on a field trip to Saffron City at the moment. I'm glad to see you re-read some of the recent posts, but I suppose I should've explained this when I accepted you two. xD That is to say, your teacher can and should be there. However, maybe not so much his office? I apologize for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Also, Valorie is totally scared of most ghost pokemon. |D Try having Nick show her his Cofagrigus sometime and watch how uncomfortable she gets.

Oh hahaha my bad, I'll definitely edit my post. ^^ Nick's a bit of a jerk sometimes when he knows someone's afraid of ghosts, so he'll definitely try and screw with her head a little once he finds out. Or maybe, he'll feel a tad sympathetic for Jason and his Ralts...and have a certain Pokemon try to distract the trainer. Just to teach a lesson that the trainer must remain focused on his/her objective, of course. No ulterior motives. >_>

EDIT: Edited my post there now

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
LOL. Normally, I would wait for the other person to post in a battle, but Valorie's reaction is going to be so severe that it's really not going to count as "her turn" battle wise. xD Incoming post~

EDIT: Poor Valorie |D

Also, y'know what's really dang confusing? Yamask/Confagirus's pokedex entries suggest that they reproduce by eating humans and turning the humans into Yamask. Yet... Yamask come from eggs in the games.

...o_O I don't even know. Oh, and for convenience sake, here are their pokedex entries. |D

Yamask Entry said:
Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.
These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

Cofagrigus Entry said:
It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.
They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

Last edited:

James in Flames

Cooooool!
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2012
LOL. Normally, I would wait for the other person to post in a battle, but Valorie's reaction is going to be so severe that it's really not going to count as "her turn" battle wise. xD Incoming post~

EDIT: Poor Valorie |D

Also, y'know what's really dang confusing? Yamask/Confagirus's pokedex entries suggest that they reproduce by eating humans and turning the humans into Yamask. Yet... Yamask come from eggs in the games.

...o_O I don't even know. Oh, and for convenience sake, here are their pokedex entries. |D

I think Cofagrigus maybe took it a tad too far? Bahaha

Idk about the reproduction thing either...maybe they just thought it would be a bit too over the top if you had to go seek humans to have your Cofagrigus feast upon. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back