• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you feel if Gen V sucks?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
You know what I hate? People need to stop complaining about pokemon. Really, you try creating 500 pokemon and see how original they are by the end. And I doubt anyone who says they'll quit playing pokemon if gen 5 is not great will, because if you had that little faith in pokemon, why would you even have an account on this site? The truth is, just go play a digimon game or that photo monsters game forn the DS and compare it to DPPt. Then tell me which is better. Because whether pokemon is getting worse or not, it's still a great game compared to other games on the DS.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I have yet to actually come across a Pokémon game in which I think has completely "bombed." And honestly, I don't expect anything different from Gen V. If anything, I'd probably say it'll be one of the best current games to date. With how much attention this game seems to be getting, GameFreak seems to really want to make a big comeback with this being considered the "rebirth" of Pokémon. I never expect too much in a game, and I never expect too little. I just take what they throw at us and make the best of it. If I were to criticize any of the Pokémon games to say they sucked, then I would have left this franchise a long time ago. I take what I get and I enjoy it. Period.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well, if Gen V sucks, nobody's going to force us to play it, so I'll just play my own Gen IV rom hacks :D.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
You know what I hate? People need to stop complaining about pokemon. Really, you try creating 500 pokemon and see how original they are by the end.

I never asked them to make 500 >_> They were the ones that did that. I doubt highly I could come up with 500 original ideas, which is why I won't expect them to make another 100 that really get my interest.

Besides, the Pokemon franchise is doomed to succeed, no matter what they do. They'll probably only slow down when there are so many that an extra 100 doesn't even phaze the audience anymore. So, if by "sucking," you mean "failing to make money," then that's not going to happen.

SorakuFett

I use myself in Battle..
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2010
If Gen V sucked, i would go to my room after beating the game.
I would then proceed to cry until my eyes "deflated" from dehydration...

LOLWUT

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
I've been playing since the 3rd Region (The very beginning of it)
And, I've grown to love Hoenn as the old pokemon fans love the 1st and 2nd Generation games.
So I know how it feels when people see Game Freak make some remake of the game.
But if it sucks, it sucks.
If it doesn't suck, I would like it.

But I looked at the 5th generation pictures, I like everything except for the battle screen.
If they put the 5th Generation graphics in the remakes of Sapphire and Ruby, it would suck very very bad, I hate it if they do that.

Though, I would play Black and White.

Ruby and Sapphire remakes, I pray that they won't make it like Black and White, I would like the D/P/PT and HG/SS graphics on the remakes.

Years
Honestly? Nothing would change for me.
I still enjoy my pokemon centric life with Sinnoh and below, and not having an amazing game will not phase me at all. I'm perfectly happy now, nothing can "ruin" it for me.

loliwin

→ Level 69
Years
I don't get why people hated D/P/Pt or R/S/E.

I liked them. The only thing I disliked about D/P/Pt was that it seemed to be a recycled story with more childish plot. But overall it was pretty damn cool.

Maybe because they were alot different than R/B/Y and G/S/C. The regions was more techish etc. the pokemon designs had more detail, and gameplay was a bit different. Or they are just overruled by nostalgia. lol :)

I think B/W will be great. I see some enhacements so far. XD

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
R/S/E proved some pokemon dont need to evolve inorder to kick ass so i loved that region, so those remakes couldnt bomb.

but after the trainwreck,& massive disappointment of gen4
i doubt gen5 could be any worse.
i dont think a nuclear bomb goin off over my head while im on the toilet could be worse then gen4 :P

but all jokes aside, gen4 was their worst idea ever, & im hopin i can forget gen4 with gen5
i want pokemon this time.
not: digimon wannabes, evolution **** ups, & legendaries flowin from a fountain.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I don't think any Gen so far has sucked and I don't expect the 5th Gen to either, but, if it does, I won't be too worried. There are still plenty of other great games to play in the Pokemon franchise. :)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I wouldn't pay much attention to the new games from then on period. If something that looked amazing and wasn't on the DS came out, then I'd probably pay attention to it. After Gen IV I was pretty disapointed that it was so easy and had the same plot over and over again. I don't wanna just go and fight Gym leaders all the time. I wanna be the bad guy or something. Have a different view point.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I would stare. Like wow, I just waste SO much time, like now, waiting on this damn game and it ended up being rubbish, it good I don't swear, online or real life, or even * it 0_9 Seriously, I'll be mad/pitiful for myself. I just wasted my time!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
I don't understand why a lot of people would give up Gen V if it happened to suck. Sure, it'd be quite disappointing if it didn't have the features that we'd hope for it to have, but why should that judge if we should ever play pokemon again or something? It's better to play pokemon as it is(Pokemon, of course) instead of something that we want it to be, that way it'd be a lot more funner, dontcha think?
You make a good point. Playing pokemon how it already is would still be fun, and yeah setting standards too high will only set us up for disappointment when the game do come out.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
It would be disappointing, but I would still play it. I doubt it could completely suck anyway, I'm sure a lot of it would still be enjoyable.

dozo

party hardy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Probably do what I did with Gen IV: Complain about them, actually buy Platinum, complain some more, then grow to love all despite the flaws. EXCEPT BIDOOF.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Simple. I wouldn't bother wasting money on it. When DP came out, it was awful, so I didn't buy it. Why on earth would I want to play a game I didn't enjoy? I just went back to playing Emerald until HGSS came out. If BW has the same storyline as the previous four gens and Pokemon as bad as Gen 4, I will go back to playing HGSS until the Emerald remake comes out.

Maybe if less people bought it just because it was a Pokemon game, Game Freak might care enough to produce a game that truly takes Pokemon to the next level.

Back