• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
You should be able to change emerald's title screen using advance palette editor and unLZGBA, that's what I used for leaf green.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
Got a few issues

1) I want to create "brand new maps" instead of recreating maps from fire red. How do I do this in advance map?

2) I have imported my palletes in advance map but they are in wierd colors and not in their regular color how can I get them into regular color?

3) I have imported palletes out of advance map but they come out as DIB format, none of my photo editing programs dont recognize this format so how can I edit palletes

4) When I get as far as getting my blocks in a photoediting program how do I chop up my custom blocks into pallete format?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
1) You have to go to Map/Create new Map. Search for free space and press the OK Button.

2) Maybe you have to import the Palletscolors but don'T ask me about that. Read the tutorial. I think there is one of Zel.

3)If you are exporting the Pallete make this:
Select Save as "All types" And put in your file naem with this at the end .png . Than it should work.

4)No Plan Sry.

Years
Hi, can anyone plz tell me how to import the Emerald (or R/S, as long as it works for Eme too) world map into Advance Map?(I made a new route, but when i got there my rom goes into errors and when i view the world map, i end up somewhere near Route 114...)

Greetz DS

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Sry but I don't understand you question. Can you tell it more clearly and in easy german school englis, please?

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2007
Uh...

Hello, I'm currently making a ROM of editting Poke'mon Emerald, but whenever I try to load the game, it comes up 16%, 35%, 10%, kinda like going up and down in loading time. Can anyone help me with this so I can get back to work? :cool:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I have a number of problems:
1) When I created a new map the border is bunch of weird random tiles changing the border had no effect. I'm using Tileset 0 and 15 in Advance Map.
2) When I enter a warp that is in the uppermost partof my new map the sprite faces down (facing the door i just warped to).
3) How do I make a sprite disappear when I leave a room?
Btw this is a FireRed hack

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
I'm new to this forum, and I've been searching for a couple days now (due to not recieving the verification email for a while), and I would like to know some things.

1. When I edit sprites from unLZ GBA, and import the new ones, it changes all the colors of the pokemon sometimes or add a a little line of random colors somewhere one the sprite.

2. I added a sprite with nothing wrong with it, it appears fine when the other trainer has it, but when I have it, its back picture looks as if it were normal.

3. How do I change pokedex information without using A-text (it doesn't find it for some reason), dexter (it gives my all these weird symbols),or scripting (new and can't really do it).

Still trying to figure this out...:(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
xBlazie said:
Hello, I'm currently making a ROM of editting Poke'mon Emerald, but whenever I try to load the game, it comes up 16%, 35%, 10%, kinda like going up and down in loading time. Can anyone help me with this so I can get back to work? :cool:

Well it does depend on the RAM of your computer, but try Options > Emulator > Save Type > Flash 128K, also it could be the rom you downloaded it could be faulty.

BlackDragonite said:
Yo, can someone tell me the unLZ.gba number vof the male hero in FR?

I know this has been answer, but the main trainer on the trainer card is at 1634 in unLZ.gba

dshayabusa said:
I have a number of problems:
1) When I created a new map the border is bunch of weird random tiles changing the border had no effect. I'm using Tileset 0 and 15 in Advance Map.
2) When I enter a warp that is in the uppermost partof my new map the sprite faces down (facing the door i just warped to).
3) How do I make a sprite disappear when I leave a room?
Btw this is a FireRed hack

1. It could be the tiles that you are using that cause the problem. sometimes new border blocks don't work you might need to edit it in hex.

2. It could depend on the unknown amount(not 100% sure), if this continues you might need hex to edit it.

3. Scripting and hex editing can get rid of a sprite, look for scripting or hex editing tutorials that can help.

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
Still trying to figure this out...:(

Part 1 is probably palette order problems or such. The black line stuff could be caused by your image taking up too many pixels. When you replace the sprite, if you overwrite it at that spot in the rom it needs to have equal or less pixels to the sprite you are replacing. Otherwise, just use freespace finder and give unlzGBA the offset in the "image offset" field.

Part 2 is likely because you didn't change the back sprite.

Part 3....are you using Fire Red or Leaf Green? No tools seemed to work with that, however you CAN use thingy32 if you figure out the table file.

Years
You can't import an Map. That's Impossible, but you can Open AM twice and draw the map from the one Map to the other map.

Srry, i think i haven't been clear enough...I meant importing World maps, like the Hoenn Map...The one you view on PokéNav...Get it now? :P

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Srry, i think i haven't been clear enough...I meant importing World maps, like the Hoenn Map...The one you view on PokéNav...Get it now? :P

Oh Okay. If you want to edit the map shown in the PN, you have to use unLZ. Open your ROM and search for the map of HOENN. Maybe you should use the Black/Whit color mode.

It should lay by number 200-800 or so. Just Save it Edit it and insert it. If you want to import the KANTO Map, you have to open FR/LG and search by number 200-500 for the map. Save it. Open your another rom and search for the map. Import the Kanto Map.(But be carefull maybe the Kantomap is bigger than the Hoenn map and you can't import it. Of course you can delete the Auto abort function but so you maybe have probs. I just warn you):)

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
i need a program that can let you change the way a sprite looks like ex:change color(not ow)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
A few Questions

1) I have imported some palletes in advance map but the picture appears in wierd colors. They're not the colors that appear in the game. How do I get them to appear in regular color?

2) Also When I'm making a whole new set of palletes will advance map put it all in grid format equally for me as long as keep the in size and width format they were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back