• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Blazing Inferno (*Fire-Type Fan Club!*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Your Username: Mochaccino
Partner Pokemon: Torchic & Reshiram
Why do you like Fire-Types?:
It started when I picked Charmander as my first starter in pokemon Red, I thought it was so cute and I was so attached to it back then, so it's nostalgia that links me so much to fire types. My favorite pokemon is Balziken and it's a fire type, my favorite Legendary is Reshiram (guess what? it's a fire type too!) so yeah :3 I'm the fire lady haha~

I hope I'll be accepted to join this awesome club!

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Your Username: Mochaccino
Partner Pokemon: Torchic & Reshiram
Why do you like Fire-Types?:
It started when I picked Charmander as my first starter in pokemon Red, I thought it was so cute and I was so attached to it back then, so it's nostalgia that links me so much to fire types. My favorite pokemon is Balziken and it's a fire type, my favorite Legendary is Reshiram (guess what? it's a fire type too!) so yeah :3 I'm the fire lady haha~

I hope I'll be accepted to join this awesome club!

Actually you mean Username.

Okay, added you on. Welcome to the club!

I've added two more awards on the awards list. The Ultimate Supporter Award and Veteran Award. Details for them are in the Awards List on the first post.

Answering the Current Topic:

Special Sweepers make so good use of this move, it beats Flamethrower by a lot. PP is nothing if you make good use of the move. Flamethrower may have better accuracy, but seriously now, having a move that is around 1/3 stronger than Flamethrower that has only 15% less accuracy will be better in my opinion. PLUS it had a TM in ALL of the Generations, unlike Flamethrower, who only started at Generation III.

Mathematically:​

Fire Blast has got around 1/3 more power than Flamethrower.
Fire Blast has about 1/7 less accuracy than Flamethrower.
Fire Blast has got about 1/3 less PP than Flamethrower (100 divided by 15 is 6.7 Rounded, so 100 is divided by 7).

100 divided by 3 is 33.3, so that is the target Flamethrower needs to beat.
From the 1/7, Flamethrower had 14.287 (Rounded).
From the 1/3, Flamethrower had 14.287 (Method of PP is the reason).
That makes a total of 28.574, which does not meet 33.3.

Which means, Fire Blast is mathematically a few percent better than Flamethrower, at around 4.726%. I searched for the answers through Google. Of course, this is including the PP Method, and therefore there is another way not including this.

But of course, whatever you prefer is your own choice...

Years
Thanks for letting me be part of the club boss! I'm burning to answer the topics and get more involved in here

As for the current topic:

I do believe that both are one of the best moves that any fire type (or some none fire type pokes) should have in their move-set, Flamethrower is a sharp, tough strike! with 95 power + the 50% STAB force it certainly is a deadly force

However, we can't over look Fire Blast, compared to Blizzard and Thunder which both have 70 accuracy, Fire Blast gives Fire pokes a great advantage in using this super-powered move! nevertheless, if the accuracy isn't good enough for you you can still make your pokemon hold "Wide Lens", I understand that this might not be optimal for competitive use, but hey at least you get 95% accurate hit with 120+ power!

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Thanks for letting me be part of the club boss! I'm burning to answer the topics and get more involved in here

As for the current topic:

I do believe that both are one of the best moves that any fire type (or some none fire type pokes) should have in their move-set, Flamethrower is a sharp, tough strike! with 95 power + the 50% STAB force it certainly is a deadly force

However, we can't over look Fire Blast, compared to Blizzard and Thunder which both have 70 accuracy, Fire Blast gives Fire pokes a great advantage in using this super-powered move! nevertheless, if the accuracy isn't good enough for you you can still make your pokemon hold "Wide Lens", I understand that this might not be optimal for competitive use, but hey at least you get 95% accurate hit with 120+ power!

No worries! Feel free to call me Umbr30n.

On the Current Topic: I agree that Flamethrower is a good, strong move. But also, there is one main ability that helps Fire-Type starters (Also the Pansage line) with Fire-Type moves... Blaze. The awesome Ability that powers up Fire-Type moves a lot when HP is down low. Stack that with STAB and the Flame/Fire Plate, and you get... Awesomeness. Use this Flamethrower/Fire Blast against a Dry Skin Paras or Parasect, and you would get 5x damage, stacking with all of that, so the Base Power would probably be even higher than 200! But everyone has different strategies...

I have used both moves before in my Pokemon Game. I had pretty much kept on having Typhlosion use Flamethrower until I got Fire Blast, which was one of my favourite Fire-Type moves today, tied with Flamethrower, but Fire Blast was just a bit better in my opinion. Flamethrower did help me a lot, and my Charizard still knows it, but more of my Pokemon know Fire Blast. Flamethrower had a lot of uses, and both are moves that I would recommend for Fire-Type fans.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Fire Blast or Flamethrower. Which move is best in competitive battling and why?
Flamethrower >.> hands down, hits twice on everything in range,and fast And Flamethrower is stronger and more accurate than fire blast

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

Fire Blast is used for competitve battling mainly because 25 more power at the cost of 15% accuracy is not going to miss a lot.

Years
Off Topic

it's been a while since I opened PS and I thought why not repolish my skills by making banners for the club? they're nothing special just simple ones I had in mind, I'll post more when I get the inspiration

for now, enjoy:

2niaayx.png

1zq8vug.gif

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Off Topic

it's been a while since I opened PS and I thought why not repolish my skills by making banners for the club? they're nothing special just simple ones I had in mind, I'll post more when I get the inspiration

for now, enjoy:

2niaayx.png

1zq8vug.gif

those are pretty amazing!! :) :) imo
i like the first one more <3 <3

Years
Fire blast is a all-or-nothing attack against good players.
But using it with sunny day and fire plate could make it best and super powerful move.
But my most of fire pokemon don't have sunny day so i use flamethrower more.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Off Topic

for now, enjoy

Thank you for your Banners, the points will be added.

I guess it's time for a new Topic!

Out of Magma Storm and Eruption, which is the best move and why?

The reason I came up with this Topic is because they are both Eruption-like moves.

Answering the Current Topic: I'd have to say Eruption, because it is just plain STRONG when used at full HP, and because Magma Storm has 25% LESS FREAKING ACCURACY (30% in Generation IV). But Magma Storm could be a very strong move, taking away the opponent's HP even after a set of Turns by a 1/16. Eruption could be taught to LOTS of Pokemon (Especially Typhlosion), while Magma Storm is limited to Heatran only. Since Eruption has 100% Accuracy, it would technically mean that it wouldn't cost anything (Except from good HP) to make a Super Powered Full Accuracy Move.

Years
I'd say Eruption.
It's way too better then Magma storm.
Magma storm got less accuracy and less power.
I don't anyone will Magma storm more then Eruption.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I would say Eruption.
Magma Storm has low power and low accuracy.
Magma Storm can only be learned by Heatran.
While, Eruption is a TM so most Fire Type pokemon can learn it.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I would like to join!

Username : ShinyUmbreon189
Partner Pokemon :
157.gif
126.gif

Why do you like Fire-Types? : They got one of the coolest designs and really powerful.

Idk the current topic can someone tell me?

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I would like to join!

Username : ShinyUmbreon189
Partner Pokemon :
157.gif
126.gif

Why do you like Fire-Types? : They got one of the coolest designs and really powerful.

Idk the current topic can someone tell me?

You can join, but you have to choose one unevolved pokemon. So either choose a Cyndaquil or a Magby.
You can always see the current topic in the first post. SO the current topic is-

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
This is hard now because I wanted Typhlosion and Magmar but I don't really care for none of their first evolutions so I'll pick one I like.

146.gif
it doesn't evolve so is should count and
126.gif

If I can't choose
146.gif

Then I want
058.gif

Eruption, cos I'm not familiar with Magma Storm. I haven't even played B/W yet.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Out of Magma storm and Eruption which is the best ?

Since Magma storm is only a Heatran move I think it must be better that Eruption.

Years

Eruption cos it has higher BP and it hits hard when you're at full HP. Also Magma Storm is a signature move for Heatran and I don't like Heatran much.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
This is hard now because I wanted Typhlosion and Magmar but I don't really care for none of their first evolutions so I'll pick one I like.

(Moltres) it doesn't evolve so is should count and
If I can't choose (Moltres)
Then I want (Growlithe)

Eruption, cos I'm not familiar with Magma Storm. I haven't even played B/W yet.

Okay, welcome to the club.

On the Current Topic: Now it seems obvious about it being Eruption... But anyway, last time I checked, Eruption was never a TM. Plus only a few Fire-Types can learn it. Just saying that Magma Storm has existed since the beginning of Generation IV. Besides, something is also crazy. Game Freak trying to improve it by Accuracy by only 5 FREAKING PERCENT. I mean, seriously? If Game Freak is only going to improve it a bit they should not improve it at all. But at least Eruption could be taught to more than just Fire-Types... I also have Eruption on my Typhlosion. Eruption FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back