• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hmm..

Would a Doctor Who / Pokemon Roleplay work? :3

Where, you know; you travel through time, as an alien, along with a partner pokemon? ~ :3
And if you watch Doctor Who, you'll know there's loads of more things~!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
What sort of roleplays are you guys interested in?~
/well, yeah, I know interesting roleplays, obv. But, I mean are you guys more into non-pokemon than pokemon; or maybe...more serious roleplays than comical? ~

Honestly, I'm fairly easy-going when it comes to the type of RP. Though if anything, I really like crossovers (TWEWY/Pokemon) and slice-of-life-with-a-twist ones (the current Digimon one, I guess? XD). Not a big fan of mechas or zombie-related ones.

Also to answer Noct's question I'd say three: A mix of one AND two! :D /however that works

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Just to let you people know, Nakuzami and myself are about to restart Zamorak's Plague. For those who were not in that RP/not here during that time, Plague is a zombie RP. With pokemon. Not zombie POKEMON, but a zombie RP with pokemon. It is going to be different from Zamorak's Plague, but we DO have permission from him to do so...Well, I have permission. =P

Anyways, we'll probably restart it as soon as we figure out what we're going to do. xD Just as a notice. I'll be advertising soon, hopefully. ;)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Working on a new journey RP, but I'm not sure if I should have a money system in it. Any advice or suggestion would be greatly a great help thank you.

Well, I would suggest that, you know; give people a lot of freedom to make up their own stories, as they venture on to their journey. Oh, you could let people interact with each other more, because I saw that the best journey RPs involve people interacting, even competing with each other in raising pokemon, getting badges, etc.

I guess you can try a money system; it wouldn't hurt!

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I gotta say I like the smaller RPs too. Remember Focus Shift, guys? That was like 5/6 people and that was progressing really well! (until it randomly died!). So, i'm gonna say that the active roleplayers are more interesting than a well written story. It all kind of melds together as the roleplayers make their own story and write in their own plot twists etc.

I have a question for everybody too!

I have a book in my bag which i take EVERYWHERE and it has stuff in it about a novel i want to write. Also in the book is all my RP characters and a list of cool names that i would like to use! Does anyone else have something similar that they take with them to places?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I gotta say I like the smaller RPs too. Remember Focus Shift, guys? That was like 5/6 people and that was progressing really well! (until it randomly died!). So, i'm gonna say that the active roleplayers are more interesting than a well written story. It all kind of melds together as the roleplayers make their own story and write in their own plot twists etc.

I have a question for everybody too!

I have a book in my bag which i take EVERYWHERE and it has stuff in it about a novel i want to write. Also in the book is all my RP characters and a list of cool names that i would like to use! Does anyone else have something similar that they take with them to places?

"Remember Focus Shift, guys?" OF COURSE. ;~; Like I stated somewhere before, I still remember where we are. If Ichiro randomly starts it up again, I can be like, "We were here last time." Since I remember it.

As for my opinion on that, it really depends. In most RPs, it's really a mixture of both. It depends on who you have as an RPer. Like, if I RP with someone, let's say, Scarf Blade and the story is kind of crap, I know that the RP is still going to be fun because Scarf Blade is a fun person to RP with. Sometimes it's both, like in Humanum Familiares. It really does depend on the RPer. xD

Skymin's question:

Um, I carry around a notebook for stories/RP posts for when I get bored at school. XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Not a big fan of... zombie-related ones.

Well, you're no fun X3
Especially since a lot of the new ideas I've had recently have been zombie RPs. I blame the book Rot & Ruin... it stuffed my head full of crazy zombie ideas.

@Skymin - Yes, we should... go get rid of everything in Ichiro's life so he's 1000% more active, and then force him to remake Focus Shift >:U That did just... randomly die. Sadly.
And as for your question: No, but I have been thinking of making something like that for a while now :3 I think I'll make one after my complete character overhaul(editing personalities and appearences a bit, expanding a lot hopefully) which I haven't really started yet :S

@Nocturnal's Question - Uh... probably number two.
But I agree with Roswell: Answer three; a mix of one AND two!

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
I'm going to have to say that #2 would be the most important to sustaining an RP with #1 determining the quality of work done by the the group. #2 is all you need to keep an RP alive though. It just might not go anywhere.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Nakuzami YOU NEED TO READ THE ENEMY BY CHARLIE HIGSON BRO

@Whoever this may concern - I will very much like a Pokemon Zombie RP without a FPS storyline, so I'll be sure to check out Plague =P

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Well, you're no fun X3
Especially since a lot of the new ideas I've had recently have been zombie RPs. I blame the book Rot & Ruin... it stuffed my head full of crazy zombie ideas.

@Skymin - Yes, we should... go get rid of everything in Ichiro's life so he's 1000% more active, and then force him to remake Focus Shift >:U That did just... randomly die. Sadly.
And as for your question: No, but I have been thinking of making something like that for a while now :3 I think I'll make one after my complete character overhaul(editing personalities and appearences a bit, expanding a lot hopefully) which I haven't really started yet :S

@Nocturnal's Question - Uh... probably number two.
But I agree with Roswell: Answer three; a mix of one AND two!

Rofl, I wish I could get rid of everything in my life, but I still need to pay the bills and get a degree, so probably not. Although, I have just spent an hour updating the Roleplay Library, until I decided to close the wrong tab an erase ALL the updates before I saved it. fml.

I have a pad of paper in my bag all the time as well as my parker pen, so whenever I get the urge/inspiration to write, I can write. As well, I have my blue clear file folder in my bag that holds most of my current writing, and a manilla folder on my desk with all of my writing in it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just an update on the RPAs; my dad took my computer in to get fixed that had the word file with the counting up all the winners on it and the emblems i had made, so the RPA results are going to be delayed a little.

But, if you're real keen to find out, just count them yourself! XD

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
Years
Hmm..

Would a Doctor Who / Pokemon Roleplay work? :3

Where, you know; you travel through time, as an alien, along with a partner pokemon? ~ :3
And if you watch Doctor Who, you'll know there's loads of more things~!

As a big fan of Doctor Who I really like the idea. Also I like the idea of Pokemon in it aswell. Wonder what the Doctor will have as a partner. Oh and Daleks with pokemon would be hilarious! Also me and Nakuzami have made that L4D2 RP I said about before. It's called land of dead. Check out the OOC for more details.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Just saying that my RP, War Between Pokemon & Humans II - Severed Bonds has spots left. One human spot, and two Legendary Pokemon spot (please visit the OOC for more details. If you don't understand what a legendary Pokemon does, contact yours truely). A Legendary pokemon can transform into a human form, and another normal Pokemon form. A good Legendary tries to make peace in disguise, a bad one tries to create havoc without letting his superior know about it etc...

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
I'm also here to advertise. ^^

I have created a new RP, called "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium." All the spots but one are open, and I'd really like to see this roleplay take off. It's nothing too demanding, or too hard to understand... And personally, I think it could be a lot of fun. Feel free to check it out!

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Are there any good Pokemon RPs out there? I'm kinda bored and I want to join a fun, good one that isn't awfully fast paced :D Any suggestions, recommendations?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
pretty sure ohHeyVaporeon's is a pokemon themed. XD

Underground still has places open if anyone still wants to join.

ohHeyVaporeon.

You just can't shake me.
Years
pretty sure ohHeyVaporeon's is a pokemon themed. XD

Underground still has places open if anyone still wants to join.

Agreed. I have two spots open in "It Begins And Ends In The Stadium", maybe more than that if some of the ones who has spots reserved don't get in. Check it out, if you'd like... And reserve if you'd like. It's nothing super amazing, but, it's getting a good bit of attention and should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back