• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Favorite Pokèmon's?

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
What were your favorite Pokèmon in Generation I and Generation II? Also list your least favorites if you want to.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
My favorite when I started playing was Pidgeotto. It looked awesome, plus had a head that has a good memory for me (involves visiting DC, reminds me of a sculpture), and it was strong, it evolved when it took out Brock's Onix, which in Yellow, is next to impossible to kill, since you can't catch anything that would leave a dent in it yet. So, it was my powerhouse.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Vaporeon. Most kick ass to obtain easily . and of course my starter blastoise. I once did a sort of monoruin back then only with my blastoise :lol:

Years
I have quite a few faves from the old generations too.

Drowzee line: Oh god they were one of my faves from Generation 1 cos of their designs and the whole "Hypno steals children" joke. Also, I think Drowzee looks cute.

Snorlax: He was one of my 1st Gen faves cos he's so bulky and I love his awesome moveset and the hilarious memes of Snorlax "blocking the path". He's such an appealing Pokemon.

Miltank: I think she not only looks cute but she's also a beast.

Pikachu line: One of my fave Electric-type lines ever, and Pikachu is the mascot after all.

Aipom: The reason why she's on this list is solely cos I love monkeys.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Charizard was definitely my favorite from gen I. Great movepool and design. From gen II it's Scizor. He's a beast in the attack category and looks so sick

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
Generation 1:
Porygon, Eevee & evolutions, Charmander line, Tauros, Mew

Generation 2:
Teddiursa line, Sneasel line, Eevee evolutions, Mantine, Lugia

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gen I:
My original favorite Pokemon was Eevee. It was the first card I received, so when I think of gen I favorites, Eevee is always first. I also like it's evolutions a ton. Other Pokemon this gen I like are Venonat, Charmander, and Articuno.

Spr_1b_133.png
Spr_1b_144.png
Spr_1b_048.png
Spr_1b_004.png

Gen II:
My all time favorite Pokemon is Umbreon, and it's also from gen II. So fitting for this thread lol. I loved it ever since I saw it in Pokemon Stadium 2. I also like Espeon, Jumpluff, Quilava, Smeargle, and Aipom.

Spr_2c_197.gif
Spr_2c_196.gif
Spr_2c_189_s.gif
Spr_2c_156.gif
Spr_2c_235.gif
Spr_2c_190.gif

As for least favorites, I'm not a fan of Pikachu at all. I used to really, really hate it as a kid, but it's at least tolerable now. I have a plushie Pikachu that's the cutest Pikachu I've ever seen. But I generally just dislike Pikachu. Not as much as when I was 7 though lol. I don't really like some of the more bland or strange Pokemon gen I offers though. Not a huge fan of Lickitung. I really hate its evo, but that's a topic for another generation. As for gen II, I can't think of a single Pokemon I dislike.

Last edited:

Max'd_Out

Keyblade Master
Years
In Gen 1, always liked Scyther, Nidoking and Blastoise.

Gen 2, Cyndaquil, Scizor, Umbreon, Donphan, and Lugia.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
In Gen I, I liked the Nidoran (m)/Nidoran (f) line, the Pikachu line, and also the Gastly line.

In Gen II, Still liked the Gastly Line, Quagsire, Meganium, and the Larvitar line.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Gen 1. Charmander line, and Mankey evolution line.
Gen 2. Cyndaquil (ever since gen 2 my favorite pokemon would always be Cyndaquil ) and Dragonite :3

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
There's many pokemons that I specially like in there older generations, so I'll list all of them.

R/B/G/Y [1st Gen]
Charizard, Arbok, Raichu, Ninetales, Persian, Arcanine, Haunter, Dewgong, Tauros, Gyarados, Eevee line (mostly Vaporeon), Aerodactyl, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonair, Mew.
G/S/C [2nd Gen]
Quilava, Mareep line, Espeon/Umbreon, Steelix, Sneasel, Houndour line, Kingdra, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia.

So, my top of all these are:

038.png
134.png
148.png
151.png

179.png
196.png
245.gif

My all time favorite pokemon are Vaporeon and Suicune, so this thread is very fitting.
This thread is perfect also because I love the first generation pokemons, most of them are cool.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Generation 1 - Some of my favourite from this generation include Jynx, Exeggcutor, Kabutops and Omastar.

Gen II - Generation two was by far my favourite generation along with Hoenn. Within this generation I've got quick a ton of favourites including: skarmory, steelix, scizor, sneasel, larvitar, pupitar, tyranitar, forretress and many more!

Years
Generation 1:
Charizard: I simply love it, It was my first starter
Arbok: When I was little I used to watch the anime, I thought Jessie's Arbok was super cool, actually I cried when I watched the episode where she released it
Arcanine: I mean, just look at it! Isn't it majestic? Besides it's super fast and super powerful.
Rapidash: I really like fire type pokemon and when I first saw this one in the game, I simply wanted to get ponyta to evolve it and have it in my party... rapidash is so beautiful *-*
Gengar: I'm a metalhead, what did you expect? I've always loved ghost types, and I like gengar because of it's design and the "dead clefairy theory"
Magmar: Magmar is so cool and strong, some people find it ugly (don't know why) but I find it cool and somewhat adorable
Dratini: *dratini shows up* Awww look at that adorable little thing, I won't even attack it :3 *dratini used dragon rage* (your beloved magmar faints) Awww it killed magmar isn't it adorable?

Generation 2
Umbreon: Did my eevee evolve into that little devil? It looks like if it was a member of a black metal band... So evil but still cute.
Houndour&Houndoom: These two, I wanted to go to Kanto so bad to have these guys, again, they look like members of a black metal band *-*
Misdreavus: I said before I love ghost types, right? Well, misdreavus is one of my favorites along with Gengar of this type
Magby: Again, so cute but so powerful, just like in the case of dratini
Tyranitar: It's powerful, it looks like Corpsegrinder, and it scares the hell out of anybody

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
For Gen 1, Blastoise. Starters ftw!
Gen 2--Definitely Espeon. That thing is a Special Attack BEAST!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Hmmmm okay =/

Generation I favorites Gengar, Venusaur and Marowak
Generation I dislikes Abra (due to teleporting), Zubat (kept appearing when it is clearly not welcomed), Tentacool (same as Zubat), Mewtwo (ugly), Dragonite (didn't like the idea that it evolved from a Dragonair at level 55) and Mr. Mime

Generation II favorites Misdreavus, Donphan, Magcargo and Feraligatr
Generation II dislikes Unown, Celebi and Meganium (but I like Meganium now)

:t354:TG

Back