• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dont think there is currently a 3DS emulator and I hear it is quite hard to hack and that 3DS cards are even encrypted so Nintendo seems to be taking that very seriously, so we dont know that we will even have a ROM at that point. It might be mainly guess work and testing at that point. Things could be way different this time around assuming no one can get into the game's code.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
There will more than likely be someone that will be able to break the code before someone has to manually figure it out. Besides, you don't really need an emulator to read into the code of the cartridge/ROM if one comes out. Either way, we might have to wait a little longer for getting information through our free sources, but I don't really mind waiting a little while. I'd rather just play through anyways without spoiling completely everything for myself.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its gonna be a long time till EV manipulation DS style is gonna happen, I can bet on that. Not to mention, patching would basically allow GF to ban any Pokemon externally changed, so good luck with RNGs and what not.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Pokémon that are RNGed aren't modified by anything on the outside though. You're just manipulating the random number generator in the game to get what you want, not using any sort of cheating device to get something illegal. I'm sure someone will find a way to RNG in X/Y for a fact. How long that will take is the real question.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But I'm planning to play the game on its launch date, and without a proper guide that shows me EV points and real stat spreads from the Gen VI Pokemon, since the game is being released internationally, how am I suppose to know my Chespin or Fennekin's highest stat and if I'm getting the correct EV points for said highest stat? I EV train my Pokemon during the story mode to increase the game's difficulty curve.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If you're EV training during the game aren't you making it easier for yourself though? I mean I understand the want to do it, but if it's really that important for you then you're going to have to buckle and buy the guide =P

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If you're EV training during the game aren't you making it easier for yourself though? I mean I understand the want to do it, but if it's really that important for you then you're going to have to buckle and buy the guide =P

It's not as easy as you think. :P

Here's a scenario as an example. I have a Water starter whose highest stat will be on Special Attack, and my first gym specializes Rock types, the gym leader's Pokemon have EV points on Defense. None of the Grass, Water, or Fighting types available on the early routes have defense as their highest stats, so I'm forced to use a Pokemon with defense as its highest stat, regardless if it's at a type disadvantage, to beat those Pokemon.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Pokémon that are RNGed aren't modified by anything on the outside though. You're just manipulating the random number generator in the game to get what you want, not using any sort of cheating device to get something illegal. I'm sure someone will find a way to RNG in X/Y for a fact. How long that will take is the real question.
A long time is my guess. RNG still requires some of the code, and that's something they still haven't gotten to yet. The 3DS and its games will remain unhacked as I said. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes us till the generations end when firmware updates are more lax to actually break through.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's not as easy as you think. :P

Here's a scenario as an example. I have a Water starter whose highest stat will be on Special Attack, and my first gym specializes Rock types, the gym leader's Pokemon have EV points on Defense. None of the Grass, Water, or Fighting types available on the early routes have defense as their highest stats, so I'm forced to use a Pokemon with defense as its highest stat, regardless if it's at a type disadvantage, to beat those Pokemon.

Well, if that's how you're playing it through then looks like you're buying the guide =P

A long time is my guess. RNG still requires some of the code, and that's something they still haven't gotten to yet. The 3DS and its games will remain unhacked as I said. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes us till the generations end when firmware updates are more lax to actually break through.

Yeah that's true, since they need access to the RNG in the first place. So maybe it might take forever, but who knows. No one has tried to hack into the code for the game yet so we'll see how unbreakable the 3DS really is.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well, if that's how you're playing it through then looks like you're buying the guide =P

Problem is, the guide isn't all reliable on what EV points a basic form Pokemon has. What's worse is that their stats are determined by dots rather than actual numbers:

HP - **
Attk - *
Def - *
SpA - **
SpD - **
Spe - *

If a basic form Pokemon has the same number of dots on 2-3 stats, it only makes it harder to determine which EV Point that new Pokemon has.

BTW, guys, there's a new image floating around 4chan, and it's an off-screen image of what appears to be pre-evolved forms of Heracross and Pinsir. Chances are, it could be fake, as being debunked by its members, but if it turns out to be true, then Mr. XY is in big trouble with TPCi.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Didn't your little friend already come out saying his post was all fake?

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yes, I posted it either here a few pages back or in the March Corocoro thread. Mr. XY already has claimed everything that he said was fake.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You aren't supposed to play like that though Pinky. Players aren't supposed to know about EVs. You are creating a block yourself that doesn't pertain at all to the developers nor those outside. The games are made for you to catch what appeals to you and raise the Pokemon you like. Not look up everything before hand and go through with one pre-set team.

Its about exxploration, uncovering new favorites, and raising the Pokemon you like. Live and learn from mistakes you make through the game and get better as you go.

From what you post you are more competitive minded than you should be when playing through the story. I play casually. I catch what interests me and go forth. A lot of the times I have a team not well suited for the gym I'm about to go through and have to change up my tactics.

The guides reflect this info. They aren't supposed to show everything. IVs and EVs aren't going to be well spread out information, nor were they ever supposed to be. What ever else they plan on adding in most likely may be a hidden feature as well. You'll know it makes you stronger, but exact information won't be given by officials since its not a huge part of the enjoyment of the gameplay.

Like the others said, we may not get any of this info until way later in the life of the games. We even may finish the generation off before we have accurate information on the EVs and what other battle changes they may have.

Even specifics like new Pokeball capute % and new Pokemon Catch Rates, set friendship levels, and until the guide book comes out, egg moves for all older and newer Pokemon. None of this will be available if we can't get into the cart.

And honestly, this is no where as bad as the future of Playstation and Xbox games. XD

Those two are putting one time use codes into the games so you can only play them on the system you first put them into. So in Sony's case you can't trade in the game or borrow them from things like Gamefly as the codes sync up like PC CD keys (which would probably treat them the same way as PC games and make them illegal to trade in/re-sell)

Xbox is supposedly moving into pure download with one time use ID codes for games.

Nintendo having higher encryptions on their games is the least of a gamer's worry. We can wait it out a year or so for them to break it so we can get the Meta info, not that it'll stop 6th Gen from having proper meta competitions. You'll be able to see what pokemon have what kinda stats as you level them up.

Like I had said, someone will watch the growth of their Pokemon. If they have Neutral natures, that makes everything easier to calculate as they only have to worry about EVs and IVs upsetting the numbers. We'll have a rough guess of the stats and a few new EV rates for some Pokemon shortly after the games are out. (I say shortly...a month would be considered short in this respect)

We just have to go through casually and see what we can see. If no huge info is updated a month after due to them not finishing calculations or breaking the encryption, then we can put pen to paper and try to help as best we can with what we see happening to our Pokemon.

Can you post a copy of the picture? It hasn't appeared anywhere else. And no he fully admitted that everything he said was 100% made up. If they still drop pre-evo's then is just a coincidence. They are two of the most wanted Pre-evos after all. Even Gamefreak has some level of predictability.

EDIT: Swallowed my pride and went to get it myself...now I'll be back in a bit after I finish scrubbing the fail and horrible stink of 4chan out of me.

FxmEvUD.jpg

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I call that fake. Just as PJ said, a show revealing 2 new pokemons is odd. Besides, it's obvious someone read about Mr.XY and made those.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Mr. XY fully admit that he lied, but the image made things suspicious on whether or not he's telling the truth about lying.

But there's no question about it... the fact that the Heracross/Pinsir stuff when expected not happening proves it's fake and that he did lie. :/ It may be true but the way he said it'd happen certainly isn't. I do hope we get some better fakes, though, or leaks, idm, just -anything-.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
You do have to admit though,those fake babies are pretty damn adorable. I love the cheeks on baby Heracross. Anyway, XanderO put things as best as anyone could. We're just gonna have to crunch some numbers, and use pen and paper for a while. But one thing though. What if EV's and IV's are the same, same values and caps, but GF managed to make them even more random and spread out then before? I'm not suggesting something as huge as Gen 2=>3 but more of an evolution of the system we already have, that would make all external tampering useless?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd doubt they go and change it that drastically. I think they have a pretty solid system already in place, and screwing around with it isn't going to help anyone. If anything, it'd screw around with a lot of Pokémon that we could transfer over. Plus, if it's so uncrackable I don't think they really have a reason to do it when it's going to take people to figure out specific values a very long time anyways.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Mr. XY fully admit that he lied, but the image made things suspicious on whether or not he's telling the truth about lying.

He was lying.

In the future, Id be extremely hesitant to believe anything you see posted on 4chan or any site like that, it's most likely fake. People can post absolutely anything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back