• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
cooley, I downloaded this hack and find it great. But where do you find the old man's Blackglasses? I've searched everywhere for it...

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
cooley, I downloaded this hack and find it great. But where do you find the old man's Blackglasses? I've searched everywhere for it...
There should be a tally on the front page of the number of times this question has been asked. It's got to be at least a hundred by now.
Go back to where you saw the Team Knox Grunts, bottom right corner of the map, and they'll have the glasses now.
Hey Cooley, I loved that last script with the Team Knox admin, that was really cool (I never quite got the hang of changemaptile).

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Looks like I have to update the first post again, with solutions to these simple questions. Better yet, I'll change the whole event around to make it easy. :\
There should be a tally on the front page of the number of times this question has been asked. It's got to be at least a hundred by now.
Go back to where you saw the Team Knox Grunts, bottom right corner of the map, and they'll have the glasses now.
Hey Cooley, I loved that last script with the Team Knox admin, that was really cool (I never quite got the hang of changemaptile).
Thanks, but what do you mean get the hang of setmaptile; did you mean, like when you're scripting, or the purpose of me inserting it into that event?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Actually, I can take that back now, I'm looking at a tutorial and it's starting to make sense :)
But I meant actually scripting it, I know how to insert the finished scripts.
Looking forward to your next release! This is by far one of the best hacks I've ever seen.
I'm editing this because I just realized that I was basically just asking you for advice instead of commenting on the hack...sorry.
Hm, can't remember if this was asked before, but are you planning to insert any DP Pokemon?
Oh, and do you think you'll introduce Red at some point, maybe as a side battle, like in Silver?
Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okay, I decided to upload the OWs and the sprite here, so that you can download them. When you're done I'll remove them from the post.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Okay, I decided to upload the OWs and the sprite here, so that you can download them. When you're done I'll remove them from the post.

Thanks, I got them. You can remove them now.

Actually, I can take that back now, I'm looking at a tutorial and it's starting to make sense :)
But I meant actually scripting it, I know how to insert the finished scripts.
Looking forward to your next release! This is by far one of the best hacks I've ever seen.
I'm editing this because I just realized that I was basically just asking you for advice instead of commenting on the hack...sorry.
Hm, can't remember if this was asked before, but are you planning to insert any DP Pokemon?
Oh, and do you think you'll introduce Red at some point, maybe as a side battle, like in Silver?
Keep up the good work.
No DP Pokemon. But Red, I might add him at the end ;)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I look forward to testing this hack
What do you mean by testing it? :P

New Updates; A map repost!

Before:
2mdjtwy.jpg

After:
xpd3pg.jpg

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Very, very nice Cooley. That's way better. I love those small trees, did you tile edit them, or were they part of a rom base?
Anyway, beautiful job, keep it up!

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
That map is a lot better, I like how you closed all of the open spaces and added more details. Great job.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Very, very nice Cooley. That's way better. I love those small trees, did you tile edit them, or were they part of a rom base?
Anyway, beautiful job, keep it up!

The smaller trees are from Ruby
I have those trees in my hack, too.

@cooley
Great Map cooley!
The new one looks much better!

There are some Tile Errors with the roofs of the houses closest to the large building (The Kanto Silph Co. building)

~Flaming Flarez~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
u know the place where paul is allowed in cause he says hes "your brother" that only the chosen one(the guy we play as) can enter? yea um i dunno what to do there...the maps a little bugged and i cant find my way out of it(or through it for that matter) what do i do?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
u know the place where paul is allowed in cause he says hes "your brother" that only the chosen one(the guy we play as) can enter? yea um i dunno what to do there...the maps a little bugged and i cant find my way out of it(or through it for that matter) what do i do?
Don't worry about that. After all, it is the end of the beta.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Finished the TK grunt.
2q9apt3.png

2zrdkhy.png

Finished the Female grunt.
1zfljqa.png

2mzilax.png

Finished the female admin. Hope you like eyepatches.
2qvxf6d.png

2namzqt.png

Use palette 3 for the OWs.

Last edited:

AZI

Years
waaaah ^^ this one is totaly awesome =) ..
story - huh MajinBuu changed something in to Cookie .. now thats surprising ^^

id rate this 10/10 but i dont realy like Typhlosion - havend seen one in anime dont realy know how big he is .

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Maybe you should remove their hats, I think
it'll be better if you done that.
Good luck on working on more OW's.
I don't know what cooley thinks, but thinking by default, grunts wear hats as a sign of recognition. To tell apart from their leaders. Besides, removing the hat reveals a bigger part of their head, and we don't want grunts that are not anonymous, do we...

EDIT: nerfed the admin trainer sprite shadowing and bordering a little, and added an arm. lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back