• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★Simple Vanilla★ - Normal Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
★Simple Vanilla★

★Normal Type Club★

Introduction

BxjO7wl.png

Our featured pokemon Eevee would like to welcome you to the club!

------------------------------
Simple Vanilla welcomes anyone who likes the normal type or any of its pokemon. Being one of the most plentiful types in the pokemon world, with an expansive array of creatures to choose from, I beleive everyone can find at least one normal type that they can call their own. As such, I encourage everyone to take their time in choosing their partners as, the normal type is as amazing as they are bountiful.

And remember, suggestions for the club are welcome through PM/VM :3!
---------------------------------

☆Club Rules☆

---------------------------
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. I plea that everyone try their best to stay active!
4. Everyone can choose up to three partner Pokemon from the list upon joining and a nickname it if you want.
5. Enjoy!!
------------------------

☆Sign Up☆

Name: CourageHound
Partner Pokemon: Bosco the Ursaring, Luke the Lickilicky, Duke the Stoutland
Reason for Joining: For being such am expansive and interesting type containing many animals
Answer the current topic: I choose Ursaring and Stoutland for being a combination of some my favorite animals and having fundemental features of a natural looking creature with some awesome power to back it up. I choose Lickilicky as my partner due to being a tubby lovable blob with that "weird" factor I like in alot of my favorite pokemon.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Return
-----------------------------

☆Our Normal Types☆

16.png
17.png
18.png
19.png
20.png
21.png
22.png
35.png
36.png
39.png
40.png
52.png
53.png
83.png
84.png
85.png
108.png
113.png
115.png

128.png
132.png
133.png
137.png
143.png
161.png
162.png
163.png
164.png
173.png
174.png
175.png
176.png
190.png
203.png
209.png
210.png
216.png

217.png
233.png
234.png
235.png
241.png
242.png
263.png
264.png
276.png
277.png
287.png
288.png
289.png
293.png
294.png
295.png
298.png
300.png
301.png
327.png

335.png
351.png
352.png
396.png
397.png
398.png
399.png
400.png
424.png
427.png
428.png
431.png
432.png
440.png
446.png
463.png
468.png
486.png
474.png

504.png
505.png
506.png
507.png
508.png
519.png
520.png
521.png
572.png
573.png
585-autumn.png
586-autumn.png
626.png
627.png
628.png
648.png

493.png

--------------------------------

☆Our Members☆

Owner=CourageHound -
217.png
463.png
508.png
SNOR(es)Lax -
143.png
85.png

★AlexOzzyCake -
16.png
427.png
468.png

Olli97 -
16.png
217.png

★Eeveelution Co-ordinator -
399.png
133.png
505.png

Khawil -
508.png
264.png
277.png

WindHeart -
468.png
277.png
648.png

Hikari -
573.png
241.png
424.png

Umbr30n -
474.png
493.png
468.png

Chaos Fork -
335.png
398.png
161.png

Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red -
133.png
143.png
217.png

AWsquared -
40.png
572.png
628.png

★ChocolateCrunch -
463.png
493.png
216.png

Cirno -
300.png
190.png
573.png

Jiggly -
39.png
132.png
234.png

Roronosuke-
137.png
235.png
242.png

AmericanWonderland -
133.png
216.png
573.png

Delta -
40.png
446.png
298.png

Galoria -
133.png
572.png
300.png

Synerjee -
133.png
216.png
468.png

Narnia -
132.png
190.png

Zebraskin -
52.png
446.png
351.png

Giant Magikarp -
143.png
115.png
132.png

Milktank Rancher -
241.png
143.png
586-summer.png

Iloveeevee -
133.png
648.png
573.png

Avishka -
16.png
217.png
143.png

Hiinotama -
263.png
352.png
-----------------------------------

☆Member Rewards!☆

To encourage more posts I shall implement the medal system, just to give you guys something to strive for in the club.

10 Posts - You get the first Simple Vanilla Star next to your name
73651157.png
15 Posts - You shall receive the "New Recruit" medal

97268332.png
25 Posts - You shall receive the "Super Cool" medal

67255815.png
35 Posts - You shall receive the "Mighty Member" Medal

86657921.png
45 Posts - You shall receive the "Super Star!"

50 Posts - You get the second Simple Vanilla Star next to your name. If you have achieved this, I congratulate you on being such an awesome and dedicated member! :D
--------------------------------------

☆Club Topics☆

Old: Tell us about why you chose your partners from among all the other normal types. What do you think makes them a normal type?
Old:What is your favorite Normal Type?
Old:What do you dislike most about the normal type?(Including the Pokemon themselves)
Old: Which is the strongest normal type?
Old:Which in your opinion, are some of the more unique normal types?
Old:Which Normal type Pokémon do you guys wish would make more of an appearance in the franchise?
Old: What normal types would you like to make stronger in terms of stats, abilities and moveset?
Current: What exactly classifies a Pokemon as a normal type? Are there pokemon that aren't normal type that you think should be?
----------------------------

☆User Bars/Banners☆

None Yet!

☆Events☆

Old: Voting time! With the grand opening of the club i'd like you all to vote on the featured pokemon. Feel free to include your vote in your post.
Current: Voting Time! Taking votes for the "Normal Type of the Month" for April - May. Also Taking suggestions for more new and fun events.

CJYyjvd.gif

~Best wishes from Simple Vanilla to all those far and wide~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Fine, I will join, since I am so bored in Other Trivia and need some time outside there.

So...

Name: SNOR(es)LAX
Partner Pokemon: Snorlax and Dodrio, (can I keep one spot for later?)
Reason for Joining: Cos my favourite Pokemon is Snorlax and its Normal type, so why not join a Normal type Club, partly because the Other Trivia forums can be dead at sometimes, so why not post at other parts of PC to past some time.
Answer the current topic: I choose Snorlax cos its my Favourite Pokemon, Dodrio is one of my first few level 100s and I really love Dodrio.

CourageHound

Years
Welcome to the club SNOR(es)LAX! And yes you are welcome to reserve aspot for your final pokemon. Might I ask what pokemon would you want as the club's featured pokemon?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Snorlax!

That would be good, but no. I think that Ratatta, Togepi, Aipom or something cute would be good, I certainly don't mind a Munchlax though. But the above 3 are more stereotypical normal type.

But... are you talking about mascot Pokemon? Cos I thought you did.

CourageHound

Years
Not exactly. It could be a sort of "Normal Type of the Week". But if we were to chose a mascot, I think we should wait till more people join for more votes.

I think my vote will go to Teddiura

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: Olli the Pidgey, Kenny the Buneary & IggyPop the Togekiss <3
Reason for Joining: There's two main reasons that I love Normal types. First off is the obvious reason that they're simply such a diverse type; you could find a Pokémon to play pretty much any role you'd want when using Normal types based on the sheer quantity of unique Pokémon available to use, and with having only one weakness they can fit into practically any team with ease to fill a spare space or two. The other reason is obvious for those who knows me, and it's that THEY'RE SO FREAKING CUTE OMGOMDFGOMHPOMD. <333 THERE'S A TEDDYBEAR AND A BUNNY AND A FERRET AND KITTENS AND MONKEYS AND SFJDGHDFSLGHDFS SO MUCH CUTE OMG. *ahem* So that's why!
Answer the current topic: Pidgey - It's a pretty cute Pokémon and I get to creep Olli out by naming lots of things after him. Plus making a site theme dedicated to Pidgey has forced me to look through so much art of the small bird that it's becoming rather adorable.
Bunery - Really it's just the cutest thing that has ever existed. I fell in love with Buneary after watching Dawn's in the anime and I've always wanted to use one on my team since. I have no idea why I haven't yet, but hey-ho, there's always time right? It's not really a Pokémon that I know much about, but it's one which I love to pieces. The name is just named after my rabbit back at home haha.
Togekiss - Togekiss is the first Pokémon I ever cared enough about to train to level 100, other than a Sandslash, but with Togekiss it meant a lot more to me as I'd used it as my partner Pokémon throughout the whole game and had grown quite attached to it whereas the Sandslash was just a "Hmm, I've never had a level 100, let's get some rare candies!". Not a single rare candy was used on Togekiss and he kicked butt (this is also partly why I love the Sinnoh region so much, this is what made me realise how fun/involved Pokémon can actually be), so it's one which means a lot to me.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Sweet Kiss - Cute and very deadly!

I'd like to vote for Buneary as featured Pokémon, mainly for the adorableness factor. Plus what other Pokémon can bunch with it's ears? B)

As far as potential mascots go, the only one I can see making it right now is Ursaring. It fits both you and this thread to a T haha.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yeah, I forgotten about Teddisura! So therefore, I guess my vote goes for him as well!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Pidgey and Ursaring
Reason for joining: I only joined for Pidgey Part of the reason is, that a few of my all-time favourite Pokemon are Normal types, and that's pretty much where any fan of anything starts their road, right? They're usually not the first Pokemon I think of when making a team, but I also feel like that's kinda their purpose. I mean, most people organize their teams, so they have type diversity with resistances and advantages against other Pokemon, while Normal type Pokemon, granted that they're using Normal type moves, aren't strong against any, and still have one weakness, and they're at times, quite frankly, pretty boring. However, the Normal typing is probably the one with the most diversity, and a lot of the Pokemon can learn several moves of other typings, and with a lot of them also being bulky, it serves to give a good combination of advantages through moves, and making them able to take a lot of hits, so they can serve as a tank for the team, which is the reason why I often end up getting one in my team anyways. Of course there are exceptions, but that just seems to be the general trait of Normal type Pokemon.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Honestly, Normal type moves aren't really any that stand that much out to me, so I can't really recall that many at the moment. I guess I'd say Tackle though, just because it's the basic Normal type move, and we've all been stuck using it at one point :D

Tell us about why you chose your partners from amongst all the other normal types. What do you think makes them a normal type?

The reason I chose them is pretty simple to be honest, not much to elaborate on. Both of them served as a main part of my Pokemon adventure. Pidgey was the very first Pokemon I caught and raised, and I grew very fond of it very quickly. It's cute, and it's pretty decent in battle, even though it isn't the strongest of the starter birds. I just grew to like it very quickly, and though I may not use it that much anymore, since there are lots of better choices to use when it comes to actually playing the games, I still always make sure to catch one whenever I can.

Ursaring was a Pokemon that had saved me countless times back when I played the second generation games. I really liked the design of Teddiursa though, and when I saw it in my brothers game, I really wanted one. I couldn't get it in Silver however, and it was first very late in Gold you were able to catch one. So my brother bred one and traded it over once I started on my Silver adventure, and though it proved to be pretty weak as a Teddiursa, it really leapt forward once it evolved.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Name: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Partner Pokemon: Fang the Bidoof, Eon the Eevee (Other slot open for reasons you'l see later on in this post.
Reason for Joining: Normal types are only weak to ONE TYPE, and can learn LOADS of other type moves (and my some of my favourite pokemon lie in this Type grouping)
Answer the current topic: I choose Bidoof as when I was playing through my first Main Series game of Pokemon (Diamond) I thought it was just so darn cute, but didn't catch t. In a later re-play of the game, I found it to be the strongest Pokemon I'd caught that early in game, but that honour is no shared with my Sewaddle (now a Leavanny). For Eevee, well I just love EEVEE!!!! They have many evolutions so very interesting to train them all.
Favourite Normal Type Move: Metronome

Oh and how come there are no Gen V pokemon? (My poor, lovely Watchog...)

CourageHound

Years
Welcome to the Club everyone!! :D

Name: Olli97
Spoiler:

Welcome to the club! I love how you explained the ups and downs of using normal types as well as their erratic tendancy to not follow a specific pattern of abillities or usefulness.

Your partners are admirable too. Pidgey being your favorite and first pokemon caught is awesome, and of course you have the all conquering Ursaring :cool:. However to my misfortune, ulike my other partners I never been able to use Ursaring in-game due to me owning HG and how Ursaring's location was changed to SS. However I'm in the process of training one now. =)

Name: AlexOzzyCake
Spoiler:

Welcome, and those are some really cute nicknames for your Bunneary and Togekiss!

Well i do beleive normal is the first or second most numerous type?(the other being water) I agree the the cute branch of the normal type family are just irresistable. However my favorite branch are the cool or tough looking pokes. I like how normal types in a way bring out the naturalness, or life, to a region in a way with its aboundance of animalistic pokemon.

Name: Eeveelution Co-Ordinator
Spoiler:

Its awesome to see someone give Bidoof/Biberal some love, cuz hes one of my fav normal types of gen 4. Dunno why so many people hate on him so much :/. Well, anyway eevee is another popular fan favorite :D. I think eevee reaches out to people in the way it does for giving such a broad horizon to different battle styles or astheisic prefence upon evolution. And finally thanks for he notice about the fith gen pokemon, I added them right away! So your're free to name your Watchog ;)

*NOTICE*:

As you all can see, the CSS from the club has disapeared(cuz the editer hates me ;-; ) due to some frustration with the coding. So for the time being Simple Vanilla is going to be a bit...well, simple until I remake the CSS, possibly with some help.

Also, i've decided to make a mascott pokemon for the club instead of a featured pokemon. Just to be certain on your votes(some voted, some didnt, and some who did were still conflicted between choosing a mascott or featured pokemon) i'd like you to please re-post them. As such, my vote will go torwards Ursaring.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Name: Khalil (Khawill)
Pokemon: Maka the Stoutland, Linoone, Swellow, Delicatty, and Slaking (The last three I beat the elite four with in sapphire.)
Reason: Normals are extremely versatile and have one of the most powerful moves in the game, Return. A move that gets better the longer you play with them. Additionally they can learn a move from each type!
I always capture the first few Pokemon and use them as my main team. Since I'm a heavy grinder it doesn't matter who I play much and I enjoy the versility of normal types.
Favorite move: Return and Frustration (Frustration is always put on traded Pokemon.)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Name: Wind Heart
Partner Pokemon: Togerina the Togekiss, Blue-Ace the Braviary and Mia the Meloetta.
Reason for Joining: Normal type is a versatile type that could be utilized in any way.
Answer the current topic: I choose Togekiss because I love watching Dawn's Togekiss. I choose Braviary because it looks awesome! And Meloetta because it looks pretty!
Favorite Normal Type Move: Relic Song

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Welcome, and those are some really cute nicknames for your Bunneary and Togekiss!
Are you saying Olli isn't cute? I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS CLAIM ;;;;;;;

However my favorite branch are the cool or tough looking pokes.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Name them! I can think of 3 and two are terrifying, so I'm really curious to see which Pokémon you're digging on! If I agree I'll give you a cookie. BUT ONLY IF. I just don't really see Normal types as being that tough or scary I guess, it'd be interesting to see which ones you see this way.

As you all can see, the CSS from the club has disapeared(cuz the editer hates me ;-; ) due to some frustration with the coding. So for the time being Simple Vanilla is going to be a bit...well, simple until I remake the CSS, possibly with some help.
I'll hook you up with a PM!

Also, i've decided to make a mascott pokemon for the club instead of a featured pokemon. Just to be certain on your votes(some voted, some didnt, and some who did were still conflicted between choosing a mascott or featured pokemon) i'd like you to please re-post them. As such, my vote will go torwards Ursaring.
Oh honey oh sugar oh babydoll why do you make me decide between such cute Pokémon? I'm going to go with Ursaring too for the reasons stated way up there. Whilst I don't really find it an iconic Normal type Pokémon, I do think it fits this particular club perfectly. It gives the impression of being something warm and fluffy and smelling of honey that you could cuddle on a long Winter night, but it'll rip your face off if you steal it's honey. Perfect metaphor for a club, right? ... right?

Tell me why! I don't know anything about this move but it sounds really interesting and always annoys me in competitive battles, so explain please! :D

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Tell me why! I don't know anything about this move but it sounds really interesting and always annoys me in competitive battles, so explain please! :D
It's because Relic Song hits both opponents, have potential sleeping side-effects, and it's the signature move of Meloetta itself! Besides, it's so gorgeous to watch Meloetta change forms by singing this song in the anime.

Years
I joined past Normal Clubs so I'm joining again.

Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Cinccino, Miltank and Ambipom (I don't need no nicknames).
Reason for Joining: Normal-types have diverse movesets and good stats for battling with.
Answer the current topic: I picked these three cos they have helpful niches in battle, and I like their designs. Ambipom is cute and I like monkeys, Cinccino has awesome abilities while I love Miltank cos of how funny I found the memes that spawned from Whitney's Miltank.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Return, since it gains power based on high happiness and it hits hard when happiness is maxed out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm, what makes you guys like Eevee so much? It's always seen as such a popular Pokémon but I can't say I really understand it haha. I guess the multiple evolutions thing is pretty cool, but why is it so popular? Even more so than half the other adorable Normal types?

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
It may have to do with the following, a) it's REALLY cute, b) it has so many evolutions (or Eeveelutions as they are more commonly known) and it's fun to collect them all, and c) it was a starter for your rival in Pokemon Yellow, and everyone loves Pikachu (poor, poor Clefairy...)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It may have to do with the following, a) it's REALLY cute
Okay, I have to give you that one, it is very cute!

b) it has so many evolutions (or Eeveelutions as they are more commonly known) and it's fun to collect them all, and c) it was a starter for your rival in Pokemon Yellow, and everyone loves Pikachu (poor, poor Clefairy...)
These are the bits I don't understand - why do either of these things make it such an amazing Pokémon? These traits certainly make it unique, but does that make it better than other Pokémon? It's definitely an interesting Pokémon but I really don't get why it's universally adored so much more than other Pokémon. I seem to be alone in this thinking though haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back