• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Sorry it isn't a text, the background of the text is glitched. All my backups even have this so I don't remember how it could have stuffed. This is the error:

Oh, wow. Usually it is the text. Hmmmmm, let me do some looking, but I think it is just a bad raw.

Apparently, that image doesn't use raws.-_- I hate errors like these. It is an uncompressed structure written to the VRAM. Not fun to fix. It would be easier to prevent the whole help menu thing before it would be to fix this.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Why is it when I go from one map to the other, when I'm in the first map, you can't see any OW sprites in the next map but once you step foot into the next map, the sprites appear? Also for a connecting map, all the tiles get messed up when I cross over.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Why is it when I go from one map to the other, when I'm in the first map, you can't see any OW sprites in the next map but once you step foot into the next map, the sprites appear? Also for a connecting map, all the tiles get messed up when I cross over.

Okay for this example We are going to say you are going from palette town to route 1.

So let's say we are in palette town and we are going to route 1 and there is a guy at the edge of route 1, I don't think it's possible to see him because you will only see the OWs and sprites in town your already in. So just push the guy back a bit or put him back in palette.

As for the palette thing, the same rules apply, if you are using tiles 01 and 02 in palette town and tiles 03 and 04 in route 1, if you are in palette town, it will show the tileset 01 and 02 no matter where you are looking, the moment you step into route 01, that's when it shows 03 and 04. So when you are transfering over from map to map, you need to make sure you are using the same tilesets.

Or for palette town if you are using 01 and 02, you can use 01 and 03, and just make sure 02 is not visable on the way out from palette town and 03 is not visable on the way out from route 1.

karatekid552

Years

As awipe1 said, you need to push them back. A maps OWs aren't loaded until you step foot on the map itself. A good border is 7 tiles. Never put any OWs withen 7 tiles of a map connection.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Actually, you don't necessarily have to push them back. What the games actually do is put buffer NPCs out-of-bounds in the bordering route- when you go into the neighboring route these get overwritten by the NPC in the new route. You have to tweak a few variables for it though IIRC- look at the Cerulean Cave guard for reference.

karatekid552

Years
Actually, you don't necessarily have to push them back. What the games actually do is put buffer NPCs out-of-bounds in the bordering route- when you go into the neighboring route these get overwritten by the NPC in the new route. You have to tweak a few variables for it though IIRC- look at the Cerulean Cave guard for reference.

Why, that is simply genius! /me bookmarks post for future use...

karatekid552

Years
I'm glad you understood that karatekid552, cause I didn't and I know I will need that eventually. So when I need this information, I'm going to ask you.

What he said, was set their XY off the map. This will need to be done manually, but it will be a person event that overlaps in more than one place by a forced X/Y which is off the map, making it appear on another map, but loaded by the map you are on.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 21, 2014
K so i've done some searching here and on the rest of the site and I can't find an answer to my problem. Basically I'm having trouble running some of the tools for hacking roms. Do I post my question here or start a new thread?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
K so i've done some searching here and on the rest of the site and I can't find an answer to my problem. Basically I'm having trouble running some of the tools for hacking roms. Do I post my question here or start a new thread?

Here is good. If you're talking about the comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx, I have them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1tfbiqcjidkz49/COMCTL32.OCX https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3itv32wd1mijyo/COMDLG32.OCX
Then follow this tutorial on how to use them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBC8L0glP68

Last edited:

dunning2012

Sparky
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Hi just a quick question about sethealingplace.

I am using Fire Red and JPAN's hacking patch.

I've used this script to set the healing place in your bedroom so you end up there when you white out. All works fine but i can't remember how to set it for Viridian City. It keeps sending me back home instead of sending me to the poke centre after I've visited it.

Here's the script for the players home.

'---------------
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x104
setvar 0x405B 0x6
setvar 0x405C 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @1
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @2
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @1
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

This is a header script
Script type 02
Flag 405A
Value 0000

All works fine, just can't remember what to put for the pokemon centres?
Any help would be great thanks.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Hi just a quick question about sethealingplace.

I am using Fire Red and JPAN's hacking patch.

I've used this script to set the healing place in your bedroom so you end up there when you white out. All works fine but i can't remember how to set it for Viridian City. It keeps sending me back home instead of sending me to the poke centre after I've visited it.

Here's the script for the players home.

'---------------
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x104
setvar 0x405B 0x6
setvar 0x405C 0x6
applymovement 0x0 @1
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER @2
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @1
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

This is a header script
Script type 02
Flag 405A
Value 0000

All works fine, just can't remember what to put for the pokemon centres?
Any help would be great thanks.

Ok so what you do isset the first variable: XXYY. XX is the map number and YY is the bank. If you noticed, map 1 on bank 4 is the player's room. Then the next two are x and y positions.

dunning2012

Sparky
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2017
Ah that was it. So would I use the same script for all the Poke Centers but just change the Setvar to each Map number, x and y coordinates and change the sethealingplace to 0x2, 0x3 ect.?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Ah that was it. So would I use the same script for all the Poke Centers but just change the Setvar to each Map number, x and y coordinates and change the sethealingplace to 0x2, 0x3 ect.?

The whole point of JPAN's studies was to remove sethealingplace altogether. So that command is just as good as a nop. It does absolutely nothing.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
thanks @awipe1 ... found the script that makes the player battle battle rival, i think that was main problem :)

also does anyone know what's wrong with script? i get the battle alright, but not the movement >.<

'#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x10 @walk
pauseevent 0x0
message @text
showmsg
playsound 0x11B 0x0
waitbutton
trainerbattle 0x3 0x146 0x0 @defeat
msgbox @text2
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
closemsg
disappear 0x10
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @text
= Training has brought me further once\nmore!\pMaybe I'll restore TEAM ROCKET\nto it's former glory!

#org @defeat
= I would expect nothing less from the\nnew LEAGUE CHAMPION!

#org @text2
= I see that your still taining hard!\nFarewell until we meet again[.]

#org @walk
m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end'

GoGoJJTech

Years
thanks @awipe1 ... found the script that makes the player battle battle rival, i think that was main problem :)

also does anyone know what's wrong with script? i get the battle alright, but not the movement >.<

'#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x10 @walk
pauseevent 0x0
message @text
showmsg
playsound 0x11B 0x0
waitbutton
trainerbattle 0x3 0x146 0x0 @defeat
msgbox @text2
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
fadescreen FADEOUT_BLACK
closemsg
disappear 0x10
fadescreen FADEIN_BLACK
release
end

#org @text
= Training has brought me further once\nmore!\pMaybe I'll restore TEAM ROCKET\nto it's former glory!

#org @defeat
= I would expect nothing less from the\nnew LEAGUE CHAMPION!

#org @text2
= I see that your still taining hard!\nFarewell until we meet again[.]

#org @walk
m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end'

What script editor is this? And an FYI, this question should go in the script help thread. Make sure your movement is in hex, so 0x10 is hex.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What script editor is this? And an FYI, this question should go in the script help thread. Make sure your movement is in hex, so 0x10 is hex.
It's normal XSE with macros (those CAPS thingies that replace the hex.).
And why should this only go to script thread? This is also simple question ;)

@kelewele: Care to post the movement as well? Btw you are missing waitmovement 0x0 after the movement command.

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
Is there any way to swap the values ​​of two registers?
r1 -> r2
r1 <- r2

Excuse my English but I use google translator: \
But anyway you could store r1 in r3, then put r2 in r1, then r3 in r2
Like this:
r1 -> r3
r2 -> r1
r3 -> r2

But clear r3 afterwards. The command you should use is mov.
I already tried with the exchange algorithms but nothing. However, I have to move many bytes: \
It would be a mess to do so. Also because I need to move the attributes of obj and send them forward.

GoGoJJTech

Years
It's normal XSE with macros (those CAPS thingies that replace the hex.).
And why should this only go to script thread? This is also simple question ;)

@kelewele: Care to post the movement as well? Btw you are missing waitmovement 0x0 after the movement command.

No, look. There is a label at the bottom that says @walk. This is not XSE...

I already tried with the exchange algorithms but nothing. However, I have to move many bytes: \
It would be a mess to do so. Also because I need to move the place of obj and send them forward.

Try the ldr, ldrb or ldrh, but of course choose the correct one.

Last edited:

trafalgar

FireBlast
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2015
No, look. There is a label at the bottom that says @walk. This is not XSE...

Try the ldr, ldrb or ldrh, but of course choose the correct one.
would be seen that the correct ldrh move 2 bytes but is not
to me, however, would move more than 2 bytes, it should move 8. There is not one specific swi that invert the values ​​in two registers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back