• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
For our POTW, here's some Charizard pics:

Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
@Cosmotone- I'm also on the same boat. I used Charmander as my starter in Red, but I didn't even play it enough for it to evolve into Charizard. I completed FireRed with a Blastoise. And nowadays I always judge Pokemon based on their competitive performance, and Charizard doesn't really outshine others in that department. I actually feel sorry for the noobs who use Life Orb Solar Power Charizard in their sun teams in PO, only to have its health halved by Stealth Rocks and then get it walled by my Blissey, losing another 22.5% health. Then they switch out and bring their spinner while I predict it and switch to my set up sweeper and grab some boosts.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
@Cosmotone- I'm also on the same boat. I used Charmander as my starter in Red, but I didn't even play it enough for it to evolve into Charizard. I completed FireRed with a Blastoise. And nowadays I always judge Pokemon based on their competitive performance, and Charizard doesn't really outshine others in that department. I actually feel sorry for the noobs who use Life Orb Solar Power Charizard in their sun teams in PO, only to have its health halved by Stealth Rocks and then get it walled by my Blissey, losing another 22.5% health. Then they switch out and bring their spinner while I predict it and switch to my set up sweeper and grab some boosts.
I used to do competitive battling. Now I dont. Connect the dots. XD

But I am going to try and use charizard now just for the fun of it. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Name: ndm55
Starter: Love infernape!!!
Reason for joining, I love fire pokemon. The uber special and physical attack power make them flawless! They have the best sweepers, infernape, arcanine, typhlosion, houndoom! And one of my fave walls,torkoal! Love ash's torkoal in the anime... And for the poll, I think reshiram would win!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, ndm55! I'll give you an Infernape, but am I supposed to nickname it "love"? I didn't quite understand it from your post.

Along with the ones you mentioned; Volcarona, Victini and Darmanitan are also fabulous sweepers. Torkoal can also try its hand at sweeping in the lower tiers with Shell Smash.

And guys sorry for my recent inactivity. Real life just wouldn't give me time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Welcome to the club, ndm55! I'll give you an Infernape, but am I supposed to nickname it "love"? I didn't quite understand it from your post.

Along with the ones you mentioned; Volcarona, Victini and Darmanitan are also fabulous sweepers. Torkoal can also try its hand at sweeping in the lower tiers with Shell Smash.

And guys sorry for my recent inactivity. Real life just wouldn't give me time.

I'm new here! Didn't see the part about nicknames... I will try to think of something, flamerunner? If anyone has taken that (I'm using my dad's tablet so I can't see nicknames) then I'll use firefist

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Thanks cosmotone! Love the idea of clubs on the site, it is pretty cool!

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
I'm new here! Didn't see the part about nicknames... I will try to think of something, flamerunner? If anyone has taken that (I'm using my dad's tablet so I can't see nicknames) then I'll use firefist

Flamerunner is not taken, and even if it was it wouldn't harm have common nicknames. I've added you to the list of members and named your Infernape Flamerunner.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome to the club, ndm55!!!!
what made you choose infernape for a partner?

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Here is my answer to this week's question:

Spoiler:

Also most of the Fire type starters are good, but I'm not a big fan of Emboar. It's a fire/fighting that really isn't good.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Welcome to the club, ndm55!!!!
what made you choose infernape for a partner?

Here is my favorite pokemon! I use him on my wifi team, and he looks really cool! Both shiny and normal look great. If I couldn't have had infernape I would've chosen typhlosion, my second fave fire type!

PS. I'm using the infernape theme for the site ;) lol

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Here is my favorite pokemon! I use him on my wifi team, and he looks really cool! Both shiny and normal look great. If I couldn't have had infernape I would've chosen typhlosion, my second fave fire type!

PS. I'm using the infernape theme for the site ;) lol
I have agree with you that infernape looks cooooool!!!
I also used infernape theme when i was new to PC for a few months and it is one of my fave theme!!!
btw infernape is the PotW (Pokemon of the Week)

Do you agree that Fire starters are the best?
Fire starter are the best and strongest out of the starters.
i always choose fire starter expect in black I didn't chose tepig

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
Name- ShortUsername
Starter- Blaze the Blazekin
Reason for joining- I enjoy talking to others about different fire-based teams.
Referred by- NDM55

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Sorry for the late update this week, guys. A warm welcome to ShortUsername, thanks for referring him ndm55! I've added 3 new topics, do check them out.

☼ *If one of Fire's 3 weaknesses were to be eliminated, which one should it be- Water, Ground or Rock?

Most people would say Water, but I'd say Rock. Water attacks are mostly used only by Water Pokemon, but Rock and Ground attacks are used by a variety of types. Ground can be eliminated with Flying or Levitate, so eliminating Rock weakness would be nice. Plus, no more 25% health reduction from Stealth Rocks!

☼ Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?

I really have no answer to this, which is why I added this topic in the first place. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
My answer to the question:
Spoiler:

☼ Water starts boiling in much, much less heat than Steel, Steel doesn't even melt if the temperature isn't really high. Then why is Fire super effective against Steel, but not very effective against Water?

Well, I think that it's because Water can easily put out flames whereas Steel can't really do that. The type is called "Fire" not "Heat". And that water won't evaporate quickly enough unless there's a small amount of water or a huge conflagration. As for the Steel, I have no idea because, as far as I've seen, Steel just gets red hot. Besides, this is Pokemon. They're not just in their elemental forms, they're solid. *Looks at Grimer* Well, usually they're solid. (Rushed for time so put a bunch of random stuff down in no particular order.)

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
Name- Arcan3
Starter- Cerberus the Quilava ;)
Reason for joining- I love fire type pokemon. I've always had a liking for them! Whenever i play the games, I always have a fire type in my team. Its mostly the strongest too!
Referred by- ...

Which Fire type Pokemon is the heaviest?

Spoiler:

How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone?

I would use my quilava the heat up their shower water. When they turned it on it would be super hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back