• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Are we allowed to checkflag and setflag in trainerbattle script if yes then
can anyone tell the problem in script
The problem is after i battle the person im able to control his sprite and not mine(mine remains fixed at the position)

Spoiler:

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
you could do that or just replace the offsets with @1 and try compiling it again.

Sorry but i couldnt get u
Is the script fine
which offsets with @1 before after??

The problem is after i battle the person im able to control his sprite and not mine(mine remains fixed at the position)

Can u tell me what can i do to correct it?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Sorry but i couldnt get u
Is the script fine
which offsets with @1 before after??

Can u tell me what can i do to correct it?
He wasn't talking to you. And yes, you can use flags in trainerbattle scripts.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
can anyone tell the problem in script

Spoiler:

Any solutions to the problem?

If we want to use custom flags in ruby like 0x900 is there a special command needed so that flag can be used in the script or can we give
command like checkflag 0x900 before even using setflag 0x900?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2010
Ok I've tried everything. Still dosent work, maybe its the ROM?
EDIT: tried it with a different ROM, and it still didnt work am I compiling wrong?

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Where do I place the offset to activate the Pokemon Menu option?
Add-on- NarutoActor, the offset is 0x828, for your information.
Spoiler:

I have no clue where it goes. Thanks in advance.
Basically anywhere before the givepokemon, though it's usually one line before it.

EDIT ======================>

Okay my headbutt tree script isnt working. Everything works, but there is no Pokemon battle, even if I set the encounter rate to 100% halpz?

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @begin
checkattack 0x1D
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @[couldbeheadbutted]
setanimation 0x0 0x800D
bufferpartypokemon 0x00 0x800D
bufferattack 0x1 0x1D
msgbox @[question] 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @[usedheadbutt] 0x6
closeonkeypress
doanimation 0x25
waitstate
goto @[pointertocontinuefrom]

#org @[couldbeheadbutted]
msgbox @[headbutttree] 0x6
release
end

#org @[question]
= A Pokémon could be hiding in this\ntree.\pShould [buffer1] use [buffer2]?

#org @end
release
end

#org @[usedheadbutt]
= [buffer1] used [buffer2].

#org @[headbutttree]
= This tree could be headbutted.

#org @[pointertocontinuefrom]
applymovement 0x800F @[pointer]
waitmovement 0
special 0xAB
releaseall
end

#org @[pointer]
#raw 0x0 0xFE

Last edited:
Years
I'm using JPAN's hacked Fire Red engine for my hack and scripting has been going well until I realized that due to my remapping that it has glitched up where the player goes when they "blackout/whiteout". I was wondering how I change this...it seems to be a scripting issue so I thought I'd ask it here. Is this just a matter of setting flags somewhere...?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm using JPAN's hacked Fire Red engine for my hack and scripting has been going well until I realized that due to my remapping that it has glitched up where the player goes when they "blackout/whiteout". I was wondering how I change this...it seems to be a scripting issue so I thought I'd ask it here. Is this just a matter of setting flags somewhere...?

You have to have a level script in your Pokemon Centers (And Other healing locations)
that include the "sethealingplace" command.
An easy way you could do this is just remove the level script from a clean Fire Red rom, and insert it directly into your hacked one.

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Whats wrong with this script?

oncompilde:
Spoiler:

Compild

Spoiler:

Can some buddy help me?

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2009
Can someone help me? I'm having trouble with warp scripts. Here's one that I recently put together.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x801240
lock
faceplayer
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x880125C
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x80125C
lock
faceplayer
warp 0x18 0x58 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

Basically, if the player has 1 pokemon in his party, he warps, if he has more or less, he doesn't warp. I want the player to warp to (24,88) or (18,58) in hex. Unfortunately, when I use this script, the game just freezes.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years

You have to have a level script in your Pokemon Centers (And Other healing locations)
that include the "sethealingplace" command.
An easy way you could do this is just remove the level script from a clean Fire Red rom, and insert it directly into your hacked one.
Actually, using JPAN's hacked engine mans that only using sethealingplace no longer works. You need to set a few variables to the map bank, X, and Y positions of your healing place. Look at the documentation and search for "sethealingplace" in it.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Whats wrong with this script?

oncompilde:
Spoiler:

Can some buddy help me?

Simply put, your msgbox function points to something that isn't text, and your goto function points to text. I attempted to fix your script, though I'm not really sure what it was meant to do... Fixes are in bold.

Can someone help me? I'm having trouble with warp scripts. Here's one that I recently put together.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x801240
lock
faceplayer
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x880125C
release
end
'---------------
#org 0x80125C
[B]warpmuted 0x18 0x58 0x0 0x0 0x0[/B]
release
end

Basically, if the player has 1 pokemon in his party, he warps, if he has more or less, he doesn't warp. I want the player to warp to (24,88) or (18,58) in hex. Unfortunately, when I use this script, the game just freezes.

Try that, it seemed to fix the problem when I had a similar one. Also, you didn't need a second 'lock' and 'faceplayer' after your 'goto'.

EDIT: Also, make sure you have a warp on the map you are warping to. ;)

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
ROM: FireRed
Scripted in: XSE
Script: Person
Actual script:
Spoiler:

Don't mind the offset.

Compiled:
Spoiler: