• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Last night my sister (Dice) and her precious Fuzzy Bunny (ShadowE) got into Tiberian Sun Online. >_> And again, I am really jealous, I want a online game which I can play with Nathan which is pure strategy. So, guys, got any idea's of a strategy game (good enough for a crappy laptop) for me and my mates to play? I'm desperate here. :C

Sorry for always starting a new topic, but I don't know half the games you guys are talking about. xD
Pure strategy, huh? Well I have a few in mind, but are there any strategy games that you like that we could use as a reference point?

Nakala Pri

Something like Fire Emblem: Awakening, or Advanced Wars. As long as it can run on a flimsy laptop and a horrible satellite connection, then it's perfect. xD

Thanks! ^^

TY

Well.. i also have a few in mind but its mostly RTS, and not TBS, which is like somewhat different :P

Nakala Pri

I prefer TBS, so yeah, something under those lines. C:

Can't stand RTS... >_>

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I prefer TBS, so yeah, something under those lines. C:

Can't stand RTS... >_>
Well, there's the Civilization series, which is easily the most popular TBS series you'll find for PC. Of the games I've played, Civilization 4 is my favorite (5 being the only other one I've played). I hear Civilization 3 is good as well.

There's also XCOM (Enemy Unknown, not Declassified), the Total War franchise (with Medieval 2 being my personal favorite), though depending on how you play, it's a TBS/RTS hybrid (though it can be one or the other). Those are the ones that stick out to me the most at the moment, but there are definitely many others.

And, since there's not enough Touhou in this thread, there's the game Sengoku Gensokyo, a wonderful Turn-based strategy created in the style of a name of a similar title that I can't mention due to the nature of the forum (though, what makes the latter title unmentionable does not exist in the former).

Nakala Pri

I say Sengoku Gensokyo looks pretty good, plus I'll check out the Civilization series. :P

Thank you! ^^

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
HIYA GUYS. Gotta tech-question concerning the PlayStation 3 Super Slim 12GB. I intend on upgrading my PS3 to 500GB HDD, but I want to make absolutely sure that everything is going to work absolutely awesome. So.

Will THIS device, fit snug in the Super Slim's Hard Drive port perfectly and work well with it?

Additionally, will I be able buy, download and install new games from PSN on this Hard Drive and be able to play them too?

TY

If its compatible with it, it should work, but i never had this problem since i have a PS3 with tons of memory built-in.

T!M

Years
If its compatible with it, it should work, but i never had this problem since i have a PS3 with tons of memory built-in.

Lucky stiff. Somebody on the PS forums said that 2.5 Inches will work, but some times the width will be a little to long or short despite being the appropriate 2.5 inches. I was just wanna make sure the width on that device is right.

TY

Ah i see... Its always useful to find something of the equal size and try to fit it in there to see if the hard drive will fit in it so that you dont buy it for nothing, but then again like you said the sizes could differ slightly.

T!M

Years
Agggh! Shadow, you're making me nervous! Ugh, Guess I'll just have to be more specific with the specs. *Unbookmarks the above device*

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hoenn Remakes. Like I said in the remake thread, Bridgette has to be a hint. Also, I want my damn Mega Flygon, and Hoenn Remakes hopefully will give it to me.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Haha, just 2 hours ago there was a 1:3 ratio of likes to dislikes. But seriously, great choice on their part. I hope to god the game is as good as people are making it out to be.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've never been a big Zelda fan (very mixed with the series actually, love/hate both OoT and Skyward Sword lol) but with all the praise this game is getting I actually sorta feel obliged to play it, at least give it a try.

But I honestly never seen a game that had so much people knocking other people's GoTY choice if it's not it. I'm sure TLoU is a mighty fine game (I'll see for myself eventually), but bleh.

T!M

Years
I'd rather have LoZ than TLOU. Whats more, a lot of people here on PC seemed to enjoy it and, cmon, its a Zelda game, its born with a fan base and good reviews.

excuse my spelling ans grammar, using my phone

TY

Im happy with a handheld game winning GoTY. From all games on the list i only played 2 games, and both games were quite disappointing to me.

I really love the comment section, YT at its most ridiculousliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back