• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
DeSmuME runs the game too dang slow and I have Windows 7. Is there any way to make it run faster? I'd prefer no$gba but all I can get past is the intro before the title screen and that's all.

I personally think Desmume runs the game flawlessly, as good as my DS does. Make sure you're running version 0.9.8 and if it's still slow/laggy I would make sure that your computer has nothing else open, I find that Desmume does slow down with other applications (ex. Safari or iTunes) running at the same time, hope I could help! ;)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I personally think Desmume runs the game flawlessly, as good as my DS does. Make sure you're running version 0.9.8 and if it's still slow/laggy I would make sure that your computer has nothing else open, I find that Desmume does slow down with other applications (ex. Safari or iTunes) running at the same time, hope I could help! ;)
Yes. Finally someone who does not have problems with DeS :D
I would also add to close the web browser and kill its process, especially Chrome steals too much memory and CPU which slows DeSmuME pretty much.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
dstwo gba-ds linkage help

Okay, well, I have Pokemon on an Emerald rom on my dstwo supercard, and I hear that there's a way to use a gba-ds linkage function on the supercard to transfer my Pokemon from Emerald to a ds Pokemon game, like in my case, SoulSilver. I've tried to follow the instructions of people throughtout the internet, but I still can't figure it out. Aidez-moi, s'il vous plait!

Years

Yes. Finally someone who does not have problems with DeS :D
I would also add to close the web browser and kill its process, especially Chrome steals too much memory and CPU which slows DeSmuME pretty much.

Ohhh... well I use chrome while using desmume to look up videos that tell you how to make it run faster.. ill try that.

Years
vbalink help

i have dowladed two fire red roms so i can trade over a starter (i can be like ash) but when i do wireless adapter and the lady lets me into the room on the pokeecenter it just says connection error. both roms have the wireless adapter setting on so i dont know whats wrong. thanks!

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Hmm...OK totally ignore my last post. Is there any version of DesMuMe that can allow WiFi?! I looked it up on YouTube, and all tutorials point to a 0.9.7 or 0.9.6 version, as they have a WiFi option under "Config" in the toolbar thing. Well...each time I download one of these versions...that option isn't there >.< Does ANY version of DesMuMe support WiFi? Or, are there other ways to get my FC and trade w/others?

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I can't acces the start menu on DeSuMe. I can't acess my bag, pokemon, save, options, pokedex, etc. While it is there since I can get items. I already gave the town map to the rival.

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023

You actually GET Town Map from Rival's younger sister but whatever.
Do you have the keys set?

Yeah I have. Yeah get it from the sister but have to give the second one to the rival.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2013
ROMs are confirmed working on CycloDS iEvolution with the 2ch patch.
Also confirmed working on DeSmuME 0.9.8 x64 with auto-select save type and the original AP patch. Presumed working also with x86 version, though not recommended due to extra resources required by ROM.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
guys, is there any tool to edit the pokemon XD gale of darkness iso so i can switch some shadow pokemon to those that i want? i really need to know cause this would be my only way to get a deoxys and mew now at 3rd gen :(

plzz reply soon :)

Years
Hello my DeSmuMe runs the game perfectly, with only one issue: The music is slowed down. I realized that the problem might be because of the 3d settings, i changed to openGL and it was still running slow, altho if i turn the 3d off the music plays normaly, but then i can't play the game since 99% of the game has some 3d on it. I'd like to know if there's a way to change the 3d settings into one that does not affect the music without having to change some hardware of my computer for a better performance

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
I was wondering if there was a program that could convert GBA save files ; SPS to GSV/GSV to SPS or SAV to SPS/GSV because I only got a GameShark SP to use gamesaves with, and I haven't found any emulators running .GSV save files. No ''Pokemon Maker'' software works with GameShark SP either, so I'm quite dissapointed. Is it possible to convert my LeafGreen GSV to a SPS one and vice-versa, either by a program or via hex editing? GiraDialKia told me to post my question here, since my problem is very similar to other's :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
IPS Patcher HELP!

I really wanna play some of these ROM hacks, but I can't find a good IPS Patcher for OS X that actually WORKS. I've downloaded a few, labelled at "Mac" but theyre EXE files and its really annoying, does anyone have a link to a GOOD and WORKING IPS Patcher?

Back